What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    So, yesterday I ended up doing my gazelle and finally got some kettlebell sets done. When I'm feeling too meh to paddle, it's probably smart to stay off the water where something stupid could happen. Today, I did get my paddle in, and ended up doing about 4.6 miles in 93 minutes...just over 20 min/mile splits. I was thinking about going farther, but a fisherman asked me for the time and since I had to stop to check my watch, I opted to collapse on my board. But I should be in good shape for my 4 mile race on Saturday. Tomorrow is a rest day...riding 8 or so hours to get to the race location up in the panhandle of FL. Going to be fun since it's a girls' weekend at the beach. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

How was the race?
  • luluinca
    Options
    I signed up for my first 5K. It's on Aug. 21st in Huntington Beach. I'm a little tired this morning but I'm taking the dog out for a run anyway. I was thinking about waiting until Thursday but then again there's no time like the present right?

I have jury duty next week and if I get called in I may not get much exercise so I figure I better make the most of this week!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,113 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    I have jury duty next week and if I get called in I may not get much exercise so I figure I better make the most of this week!

Always nice to have a short, pleasant trial and then hang the guilty party. LOL
  • luluinca
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »

Lol, I'd prefer to not get seated at all but I'll do it if I have to. Only been on one before and he was definitely guilty!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »

Lol, I'd prefer to not get seated at all but I'll do it if I have to. Only been on one before and he was definitely guilty!

I have a "get out of jury duty for free" card.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Me, too, until I retire. I play the doctor, can't leave my patients hanging card and they always let me out. My husband showed up with a big peace sign necklace and they quickly decided they had enough people. You might try that Lulu, lol.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Lol Jen, I definitely could do a "hippie" vibe. That just might work
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,138 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    So, yesterday I ended up doing my gazelle and finally got some kettlebell sets done. When I'm feeling too meh to paddle, it's probably smart to stay off the water where something stupid could happen. Today, I did get my paddle in, and ended up doing about 4.6 miles in 93 minutes...just over 20 min/mile splits. I was thinking about going farther, but a fisherman asked me for the time and since I had to stop to check my watch, I opted to collapse on my board. But I should be in good shape for my 4 mile race on Saturday. Tomorrow is a rest day...riding 8 or so hours to get to the race location up in the panhandle of FL. Going to be fun since it's a girls' weekend at the beach. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

How was the race?

Thanks for asking. I was pretty happy with my time - 19 min / mile = 76 min for the 4 mile race on a rental SUP Surf board (11'), and I never took a break during the race which I thought I might have to do (I sometimes get foot cramps at about 45 minutes into paddling). Came in 6 out of 8 in my board category, but if they would have split us out by age, I probably would have hit the podium in 3d as one of the 50+ "masters". One of my friends made it to the podium in 2d against the youngsters, so that was good. My friends and I had fun, and we plan to go back next year. It was a great venue on the river for those of us in the shorter races. I actually got to race one of my other local buddies in at the finish, but he was in the 9 mile race that started on the gulf side. He "just" edged me out...lol. He came in 3d in his race for his board category. So the folks from my local area gave a good showing for our 8+ mile drive up to the panhandle of FL...and we all had fun. Even got a nice rain shower about half way through the race, which cooled us slow pokes off (my 2d place friend only got sprinkles whereas those of us behind her got a full blown downpour). Sun came out later, and we all got to enjoy the river and the gulf beaches. It was a great weekend!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I hit a target I've been working towards for two years, a 315 pound deadlift. Not a big deal for the grain-fed monsters on my powerlifting forum, but for a 60 year old geezer with a re-built heart, it's a milestone.

btps24ylf13l.jpeg
  • luluinca
    Options
    b3achy, that sounds like a great weekend and a lot of work, but fun!
  • luluinca
    Options
    @farback, you're our powerlifter!!!!
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »
    I hit a target I've been working towards for two years, a 315 pound deadlift. Not a big deal for the grain-fed monsters on my powerlifting forum, but for a 60 year old geezer with a re-built heart, it's a milestone.

btps24ylf13l.jpeg

That's awesome!! Well done, @Farback!!
  • marekdds
    Options
    You are amazing Farback!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,138 Member
    Options
    Awesome @Farback!!
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. This has been a major target for me since I started lifting with a purpose two years ago. I'm now working toward 225 bench, 315 squat, 405 deadlift before I quit
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Spin class. Now the facility fully books each class - they used to keep a few bikes for walk-ins but they don't anymore. It's a lot of fun when the class is crowded and loud !!!
  • luluinca
    Options
    Spin class. Now the facility fully books each class - they used to keep a few bikes for walk-ins but they don't anymore. It's a lot of fun when the class is crowded and loud !!!

That sounds like fun. They have a spin class at 5:30 am on Wed. at my gym but it's never very crowded. I'm at the gym that early and it's pretty quiet most days, but I bet the spin classes later in the morning or evening are more crowded.

What time do you take your class?
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Mondays and Wednesdays I spin at 7:30. On Friday, I do the Interactive class, The Pursuit, which starts at 7:15.

Today I went on the Board - I haven't competed since I fell down in December - and I am proud to say that I didn't come in last !!! And my stats were good !!!
  • marekdds
    Options
    Kudos! Well done!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    It's been a long summer. Through landscaping projects (lost sleep/stress), unexpected issues to deal with (camper/stress), and recovery from elective surgery (meds that encourage weight gain), I gained 12 pounds. The landscaping is done, the camper repaired and the doctor has given the green light to resume all normal activities.

Today, I look forward to super cleaning the kitchen, catching up on some home office work, pulling a bunch of weeds in the yard/garden and planting a few seeds for fall. I have lost 2 of the 12 pounds. This week should be much more back to normal (whatever that is) life. :)