What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks luluinca..
    I can't believe how this virus has knocked the stuffing out of me.. I hear what you say & I will heed your advise.. I realise it's going to take a while. I'm sorry to hear you had a bacterial infection. Not nice at all. Look at you now. Doing amazing & inspiring us all every day.
    Thank you
  • BBee5064
    Options
    I'm feeling a touch better today , still going to take it easy.. Concentrating on building my strength up.
    Hope you all have a super day
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    BBee5064 wrote: »
    I'm feeling a touch better today , still going to take it easy.. Concentrating on building my strength up.
    Hope you all have a super day

So glad you're feeling better!

• BBee5064
    Options
    Feeling good today.. Thank goodness
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Trying to stay "in the zone". Seems to come and go! It's a never ending daily struggle!!!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I spent a few days with my mom in suburbia and helped her weed. For a city mouse like me, that's a big deal!

I don't have anything exciting planned for today - I took spin and my stats were pretty good - but Wednesday I'm doing The Playgroup and on Sunday, Gold Barre. I want to try some new things!

• marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Indeed, constant vigilance is a must, no matter how tiresome!
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to practice saying "NO" to offerings of wonderful, yet horrible,food offerings. I'm also going to pay more attention to my fitbit steps.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I want to try to get off my butt and do some paddling today since I want to take a rest day tomorrow. But I'm super un-motivated right now (and the wind is up)...we'll see if I take my rest day today or tomorrow. If I don't get out there today, I know I have to get out there tomorrow. Friday is a rest day either way before my race on Saturday, since we'll be driving 8 hours or so to get to the race location.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,069 Member
    Options
    b3achy wrote: »
    I want to try to get off my butt and do some paddling today since I want to take a rest day tomorrow. But I'm super un-motivated right now (and the wind is up)...we'll see if I take my rest day today or tomorrow. If I don't get out there today, I know I have to get out there tomorrow. Friday is a rest day either way before my race on Saturday, since we'll be driving 8 hours or so to get to the race location.

Sometimes you're ready to go. Other times, it is a "mind over matter" thing and once you get moving, you're fine. The worst of times, you have to compel yourself to keep going at every step of the adventure. Yesterday, my session at the gym was the latter. I'm glad I kept going.
  • marekdds
    Options
    I am trying to get thru this challenge I have been doing. I have no problem with the leg lifts, but I am up to 34 push-ups, which I find difficult and 230 squats which is flat out tiring.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,069 Member
    Options
    230 squats is remarkable, let alone tiring!
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    I've gotten hurt before in Challenges so I don't do them anymore. If you think about it, all of our bodies are not created equally, so challenges can be a recipe for disaster. And hundreds of squats? In whose world is that a good idea? And what about other exercises? Pass.
  • chamblisk
    chamblisk Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    @marekdds...I find it so interesting that the squats (which scared the bejeebers out of me when I found out how many we would end up with!) have been RELATIVELY easy for me. The push-ups, which I wanted to focus on, have been a challenge but with definite improvement. The leg lefts? Torture! Apparently, my abs are the weakest link. Just proves that we all need something different in our approach to acheiving the best that we can be. One size does not fit all but we all need to wear something :smiley: I just thought of that....hahaha!
  • marekdds
    Options
    This is a very friendly challenge. Even all the squats are doable when you do them 10 at a time. I ride my bike a few times a week too. When I went for a ride yesterday, I found my legs were stronger. I went fast and longer with less fatigue. Who knew? Push ups are still my issue, but I am better. Had I not tried, I still couldn't do one. The first day was a plank with a head bobble.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @chamblisk One size does not fit all but we all need to wear something

Lol, that's a great one. You've both done a great job and improved your strength in areas you didn't expect, that's a Win/Win!
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Since my Wednesday teacher headed off to England for a trip, instead of spinning with the sub, I decided to try The Playground Experience, a new circuit workout that my gym is featuring, and taught by Lulu, the sweet adorable young lady with whom I do Bootcamp.

I was nervous to book my spot and hardly slept after 3 AM yesterday, so at 5 AM when reservations opened, I was in. Today, I got up at 5:30 AM to leave by 5:45 AM, I have never been to that branch of my gym before, and I knew if I was late, they'd give away my spot AND I'd get a demerit.

Anyway, I got there, composed myself, got my arm band, and I was in. The circuits proved to be both harder and easier than I expected - I figured we'd do monkey bars and hop scotch, but I didn't figure on cross fit type box jumping, climbing up a wall, and TRX work.

It was fun and I'm glad I did it. I was specially glad after a shower and a good strong coffee !!!

• marekdds
    Options
    MostlyWater that sounds like great fun and a super challenge.
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Today I took spin, got great stats, and thus ends my workout week. Tomorrow morning I have my yearly physical so that's why I took spin today. I didn't think it was a great idea to do weight workouts three days in a row anyway.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    So, yesterday I ended up doing my gazelle and finally got some kettlebell sets done. When I'm feeling too meh to paddle, it's probably smart to stay off the water where something stupid could happen. Today, I did get my paddle in, and ended up doing about 4.6 miles in 93 minutes...just over 20 min/mile splits. I was thinking about going farther, but a fisherman asked me for the time and since I had to stop to check my watch, I opted to collapse on my board. But I should be in good shape for my 4 mile race on Saturday. Tomorrow is a rest day...riding 8 or so hours to get to the race location up in the panhandle of FL. Going to be fun since it's a girls' weekend at the beach. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!