What do we want to acheive today?

Options

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Today was a yard work day. Tomorrow will be back in the office. Also, we have a landscaping project starting tomorrow. The company doing the work seems to do really good work and they were recommended by someone we know. So figuring all will go well.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    marekdds wrote: »
    My achievement today has to do with mental, not physical health. My sister with dementia was in a horrible "home". I had no official power to change it. However thru perseverance and being just a plain PIA, I found a new nice place and succeeded in getting her to that place today. She is much happier and I am very relieved.

Great news and I love the way you stuck with your goal and made it happen!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,117 Member
    Options
    Electromyography aka nerve conduction test... The sports medicine doctor ordered the test in January. I'm scheduled for this afternoon. Not sure what I'm going to learn out of this but time will tell...
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Lulu, I agree completely. Hope you got some good rest, too. Wayne, it would be lovely if you get positive info from your test.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    I've consulted Dr Google so I am aware of what the test does (assess nerve health) and I expect the sports med MD has a therapeutic course in mind. I just have to relax and let the experts work their magic.
  • Farback
    Farback Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    UncleMac wrote: »
    I've consulted Dr Google so I am aware of what the test does (assess nerve health) and I expect the sports med MD has a therapeutic course in mind. I just have to relax and let the experts work their magic.

I once managed to get 300 VDC in the cheek from a buss bar. It partially destroyed my facial nerve. Don't do that.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    Farback wrote: »

I once managed to get 300 VDC in the cheek from a buss bar. It partially destroyed my facial nerve. Don't do that.
    Sounds like a good thing to avoid...

As expected, the electromyography was unpleasant. Picture having a sensor/needle inserted into your muscle and jiggled until it hits the nerve and then being asked to move that muscle against resistance. Now imagine that in several locations on your arm and hand. Results: the nerves in my neck might be impinged but they're not damaged... so the shoulder pain is rooted in the shoulder, not the neck.

Bonus diagnosis thrown in for free: although I had no overt symptoms, they determined I have moderate carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists with the right being marginally worse. Since it's been detected prior to becoming debilitating, intervention should be effective more quickly than might otherwise be the case.
  • luluinca
    Options

Sounds like a good thing to avoid...

As expected, the electromyography was unpleasant. Picture having a sensor/needle inserted into your muscle and jiggled until it hits the nerve and then being asked to move that muscle against resistance. Now imagine that in several locations on your arm and hand. Results: the nerves in my neck might be impinged but they're not damaged... so the shoulder pain is rooted in the shoulder, not the neck.

Bonus diagnosis thrown in for free: although I had no overt symptoms, they determined I have moderate carpal tunnel syndrome in both wrists with the right being marginally worse. Since it's been detected prior to becoming debilitating, intervention should be effective more quickly than might otherwise be the case.

That sounds more than unpleasant...........uggghhh. Sounds like you got some useful information though.
  • UncleMac
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    That sounds more than unpleasant...........uggghhh. Sounds like you got some useful information though.
    The needle was small... similar to an acupuncture needle... but yes, it wasn't fun. I'm glad to know the nerve in the neck isn't damaged since that means recovery without surgery is feasible. I wasn't expecting the CTS diagnosis.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Realized that the bikes at my twice a week spin place are almost all in need to repair or replacement and that it won't happen so fast.

Need to find other classes - is that what they call, First World Problems?
  • luluinca
    Options
    Today I'm hoping to clear my desk of paperwork and bills...........uggghhh, but before that walking the dog to the park...........a 3.5 mile loop!
  • Farback
    Options
    What do you say to an old man with a chainsaw strapped to his bike? Nothing; you say nothing.
    r8q03946q10f.jpeg
  • d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,049 Member
    Options
  • Farback
    Options
    Went for a 15 mile ride on the old-fart powered bike.

stu3wehcmrda.jpeg
  • luluinca
    Options
    Went for a 15 mile ride on the old-fart powered bike.

stu3wehcmrda.jpeg

Hmmmm, the chainsaw scares me a little but the bike ride sounds awesome! Not sure I could do that!
  • Farback
    Options
    Another ride today, 7 miles after gym workout. Found this little guy on the trail. Dumped my water bottle over and around him. Hope he makes it wherever he's headed.
    dzvnyfw95aj2.jpeg
  • UncleMac
    Options
    They do tend to wander. At my previous place, a turtle came each spring and laid her eggs on the property next to us... That is until the property was bought and developed. :(
  • BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Today I want to get in 10k steps & drink 2 litres of water.