Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Janice, great going on the 14,000 steps, Kudos!!

Marie - OA should help you and your sugar levels. Are you going to meetings or doing this on line?

Esther - See you in a week and good luck with the car.

Nancy - I love this weather it makes me motivated to get things done.

Today was Yoga this morning our studio was closed for a week now back to classes again. Yay!
    I did some cleaning on the downstairs because we are having company for the weekend.

Have a good evening.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Connie and Janice, What kind of mattress did you get. I will be looking at getting one in the near future. I hate making that decision as it is so important to get the right one. Been reading about Sleep Number and Tempur-Pedic.
    I read that some people seem to get hot sleeping on Tempur-Pedic and I certainly don't need more heat!!!
    Thanks, Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Shirley I am doing the one on facebook group so far I like it. It is better than the one I started with Xyla , remember her? the one in her group was more stick. I heard MFP has a grouP too. have not check it out But I am getting the haned of this one so I will stick with it. for a while. lets us make headways this fall. before the Holidays

Marie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Nancy-The mattress we purchased is a Restonic Plush Mattress, with a fabric that cools your body temperature. I need to look on receipt for the exact model name. It hasn't arrived yet, Wednesday its being delivered. Our bed sits off the floor 15" and is high, the new mattresses and boxspring would have put it too high, so we had to get a low profile boxspring we found after we measured and had to change our order to the low one. I thought I'd mention that if your bed sits off the ground.

Today my sister went back to the hospital, before that another sister, Donna, and I were at her house, to be there when the visiting nurse came. After doing some test, she thought Linda should go to the hospital, there were signs of dehydration, plus she's been falling and dizzy, plus not breathing well, she is already always connected to oxygen, her bad pancreas, plus signs of pnuemonia possibly. She is just not making it living on her own. She wanted to go by ambulance and the paramedics said her heart was in afib, also, before she left. I ran home to change and met Donna and Linda's daughter at hospital. They ran alot of test and were giving her fluids for dehydration. They were going to run a cat scan on her head, to see if she's had a stroke, she's also having trouble forming sentences and real slow to answer anything. I left after 10pm, after they said they were going to admit her soon. My neice was still there when we left. I really dont know whats gonna happen to her, its so sad, she's only alittle less than 5yrs older than me. She was only home alittle over a month after being gone for 3 months. Its so upsetting, she is so skinny and pitiful. Earlier I took her food and she choked on it, and it was potato wedges and little popcorn fried chicken. She cant eat hardly anything. Well I'm done venting, please keep her in your prayers. Janice

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Tuesday!

Nancy..we have a Beautyrest Hybrid which has innersprings and memory foam. I do not have the model number, but I do know that it was the top model of its line. Janice is right about height...I wanted a low profile, too, because our bed is high. We had a pillow top that hubs picked out and I hated. The matress was very thick, hard to turn, and I had to get the deepest pocket fitted sheets I could find. Felt like I was smothering in it and had to use small steps to get up. We kept it for five years, and I finally said no more. This one I can climb in without steps! Unfortunately, my fitted sheets are a little too big for it.

Janice..sorry to hear about your sister. Maybe you can find someone to come to her home on a daily basis just to keep an eye on her rather than a nursing home. Prayers coming your way.

Marie..glad you like OA. The group on MFP seems pretty active, too.

Ruthie, Shirley, Esther.. good to see you guys.

Nice weather here today. I am busy today with sorting and throwing away in one room. They finally cleared our lot so that means I need to get started with my purging of this one. Also need to get to the grocery store.

Have a productive day, losers!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Can you believe tis is the 15th of September Time is just flying away.

Connie I look for the group on OA on MFP but can't get it narrow down. Do you have the link?

I had my day 1 yesterday of being Abstinence Now I am working to build that number up
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Can you believe tis is the 15th of September Time is just flying away.

Connie I look for the group on OA on MFP but can't get it narrow down. Do you have the link?

I had my day 1 yesterday of being Abstinence Now I am working to build that number up
    Marie

I can't find a current one..only an old group. That's strange because a few months ago there was a general call for members on the regular forums.
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I am back to trusty 196.? Not my best 3 month challenge, but not failing it.

I would prefer to be showing a 190 right now, but life happens and I'm glad it's not hitting 200 or 200+. I did my walk this morning and I did a bike the other day. I still have not embraced strength and that will be important to faster progress, but I'm logging daily and keeping in range. I'll do a measure at the end of the month, not really expecting much change in the tape, but you never know.

Public Memorial for friend number 2 will be Sept. 20, but I will not be in attendance. The public memorial is going to be in California and will have literally hundreds of people at it and I just can't...do that. I've done my private remembrances and am slowly moving past immediate loss feelings and into acceptance and smiles and token acknowledgements on both my people. Good lives and made it 53 and 63 respectfully, too short, but still good lives, beautiful hearts, wonderful legacies. When my time comes I can only hope to emulate even a fraction of who they were.

Next milestone in real life is continuing to work with my daughter on her suicidal depression, anxieties and senior year pressures. 17 is such a mixed bag of emotions. I think we've turned a corner on it and feel that she is re-engaged again. We still don't/can't leave her alone yet, but that will come.

I've started thinking about home projects again after a lull of nearly 2 years and we bought a wall piece for the living room. Baby steps.

It is a pleasure to read about each of your daily lives and to in some way feel that I have a place to come as well.
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Connie and Janice, Thanks for your info on your mattress.
    -Janice, Sorry to hear that your sister is not doing well. Hope things turn around for her.
    Nice weather for a short time but grateful for the past few days.
    Taking another rest day.
    Have a good day.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Janice your sister sounds like me when I had my stroke. I could not drink any liquor , water Had to thickening it all down to be able to get it down. But it all left me and I am mostly normal now. Still weak on my left side . I still get choke up some. ad trouble talking. still do this was about 10 years ago.. But my family learn to understand me. Life sucks. Saying prayers for Linda. and for you too. She is lucky to have you and the other sisters to care for her.

Take care my dear
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,
    sorry I have been MIA, September is a crazy month for me. so much going on with school, activities, holidays and birthdays. I have just been hovering around the same couple of lbs. would like to get moving again. need to tighten the reigns. I haven't read but am sure I have missed a lot, need to start checking in everyday again.

connie, how is the cut going?
    Shirley, are you back?
    marie, have you recovered from your fall?
    nancy, are u still working on house projects?
    Janice, how is your sis? I just see form marie's post above. hope everything is ok.

going to take care of my sick kid!! never ends! have a greaqt day everyone!!

stephanie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,

A lovely day and warm again. I took a 45 min walk and then got a snack for our sailing trip tomorrow with friends.
    I will be going to Yoga in the morning and then we are meeting our friends at 2PM for a day sail.

I made a new recipe today for South Beach Phase 1. They are like little omelettes done in a muffin pan. I have made
    them before but a little different this time I added mushrooms and onions and green onions. You are allowed two
    of them for breakfast. I also started drinking a new drink I found on Pinterest. Green tea, mint and orange slices.
    Have a cup before each meal. It is supposed to detox and flush fat out of the body. We will see if this works.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Hi Step, Glad to hear from you.
    We don't have any projects going on right now.
    Take care.
    Nancy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Jake has gone to visit his family in Ohio for a week so my life is much simpler....just the pets and me.....I wouldn't like to live like this all the time, but it is fun for a few days.
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    agreed Barbie, it is nice for a few nights. just peaceful. my husband is away on business and not home until Thursday night.
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I went to hospital today, the have been running more test, they think due to the results of another test that she has blood clots. Today they did a mri, we dont have the results yet. They have taken here off one of her medicibes and today, she seemed more normal acting, when she woke up. Donna and I were up there for a few hours and then she took me and my other sister to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, she recently retired and wanted to treat us. Neither of us had eaten, we had talked about doing lunch, but the day went fast. It was really good I only ate half my steak and 1 roll, salad and baked potato. I brought the other half steak home and a roll home.

Steph/ Barbie- I hope you enjoy your husband away, its only good for a short time. I end up missing mine pretty quick, when he's gone, but I dont like sleeping here alone, either.

Well gotta go, the mattress delivery will probably come early. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!

Steph..good to see you are back!
    Janice.. I love the rolls at Texas Roadhouse! Hope your sister is on the mend. Sometimes doctors over-medicate us!
    Shirley..SB is a good plan. I wish you much success.
    Marie..hang in there, my friend.
    Barbie, Nancy, Eniad..hello!!

This is a quick one as I am going to the gym in a minute. Down 1.2 today so I can say now that the two months of maintenance worked. Maybe I will finally move steadily in the right direction! :)

Will check back later!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good Morning,
    -Connie, So happy to see that things are working for you. Great loss!!!
    Hope everyone will have a good day.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-Glad to see the scales is going in the right direction, so glad the maintenance worked for you. Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Steph....... I am going to wish you a happy birthday now because I will be down south on Saturday and most likely off the grid.

Esther