Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Sunday!

Marie..hope you enjoyed the wedding and had a good time.

Janice..so right about kids... I think we cater too much to them and our need to please them is definitely a result of our parents NOT aiming to please us. We were thinking about letting out daughter move in to the old house BUT selling it will be better for us. Should never have mentioned our thoughts to her because now she will be disappointed if we decide to sell.

Shirley..grandson is adorable.

Headed to church..will be back later.

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

hope everyone had a nice weekend!! my boy is better and I am full blown in TOM. maybe it will help move the scale.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ESTER!! HOPE YOU HAVE THE VERY BEST DAY!!

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning Misfits. Getting ready for some football.today.had a great time at the wedding It was very
    out of the ordinary I tried to post a pictures but seems like the are Posting to big On MFP I did get some posted facebook. I am under Eula Marie Ward if you like to go to my homepage. to see them My OA is working out fine. resisted the wedding cakes. yesterday I did not even see them.
    Breakfast..... this morning was oatmeal and a orange with coffee Lunch sausage.... Salad Beans Dinner. Baked sweet potatoes, ham Tea salad fruit
    Have a blessed day

making my sweet guy chicken And dumplings
    Marie

• CALIECAT
    edited September 2015
    Options
    586892fp144n5tg2.jpg

Happy Birthdau to our birthday girls, Step and Esther

I did to post pictures of the weddings on Facebook But M FP is posting them too big. sorry I am under Eula Marie Ward if anyone to see them on my page.

Marie

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :) Marie, I saw the wedding pictures on Facebook...it looked like it was a great event
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello

We had company on the weekend and they just left. We were supposed to go sailing on Saturday but the weather
    didn't look good and the sky was really black. We did not want to be caught on the lake in a storm so we passed on
    that idea.

My friend and I went shopping at one of our new outlet malls and had a great time and went for lunch. We had
    chipotle chicken soup. We did get some good deals on shopping and I bought Isaac some clothes too.

Today I took my friend to my Yoga class and she really enjoyed it. We stopped for lunch and had chick pea
    soup and shared a sandwich and coffee. We found a great book store with vintage things and it was
    loaded with goodies. I bought Isaac some books for Christmas already.

Now that company is gone I will start back on Monday with South Beach.

E njoy the evening.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good morning misfits, I am surprised I am 1st to post today, since I am a late riser normally. They called about delivering my 2nd new mattress, the first one is 2" wider than the boxspring. I hope this set works out good, the mattress is comfortable. I will check in later. Have a great day. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Monday!

I'm late getting here today. My knee has been irritated since being in the attic last week and yesterday, after sitting in a booth at dinner, when I got up, I could hardly walk. Iced it last night, took meds for pain, and it feels a little better today. Gonna try to see an orthopedic doc this week. My regular doc appt is tommorow but I don't know that he'll be able to do anything. Needless to say, no exercise for me this week!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie so sorry to hear about you knee. Take care...... Janice you are an early bird. Hi to the rest of the misfit
    have a great day

Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Misfits,
    -Connie, So sorry about your knee. Please take care of it.
    Not much going on for me today.
    Have a good day.
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-Sorry to hear about your knee, I'm not a doctor but your regular Dr. can prescribe some anti inflammatory or muscle relaxers to help. My husbands knee was hurting and our doctor prescribed both and he was fine. I hope it feels better soon.

Marie-I would have slept alittle longer if I wasn't woke up by the phone, they said they'd be here between 10 and 10:30, here its almost 11:30, and still not here. They did call a few minutes ago and said they be here with mattress in about 15 minutes, we'll see. I just want this to be over and my mattress fit right. Well gotta go. Janice
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the knee Connie, I hope you feel better.

Yoga class this morning and doing laundry now. I will practice my choir music some time today.

I tried a new smoothie recipe with almond milk instead of my usual yogurt. I was very delicious

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    HONEY!!!!!!!!!!! I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Had a great ferry ride down and back. We had some snafus on Friday that irritated us to no end. By Saturday went well. Got everything on the shopping list. And I made the hubby wait on me yesterday. Thank you guys for the birthday wishes.

Esther
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Tuesday!

Esther..glad you made it back safely.
    Janice..hope you got your mattress and had a good night's rest.
    Shirley..I love smoothies!

Up and on my way the doc for regular appointment. Hope he can give me something as I may not be able to get in to see the Ortho doc tommorow. My knee still hurts but not nearly as much. I kept alternating heat and ice yesterday and stayed off of it. My weight is up from the inflammation (sigh) but there is nothing I can do about that except keep drinking water and staying on plan with as little sodium as possible.

Make it a great day, losers!
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

Janice, how's your sister?

Ester, glad you had a great birthday. hope you indulged a bit. I had some yummy cake on mine:) September is a rough month with birthdays and jewish holidays. we have another one tonight and tomorrow and we are off to ny for a big party this weekend. after that, I am hoping to stay on track until thanksgiving!!

connie, so sorry about your knee but better to take care of it. I had major knee surgery when I was 20 and am limited in what I can do physically. better to let it heal so you are not completely out of commission.

marie, where are you? how is OA going?

I have lots of cooking to do today!!

have a great day!

Stephanie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    well girls the OA did not last long. thy call me down for using cake in my in 0ne of my post One of rules is not to mention food and I was telling them I passed up the wedding cake which was a miracle for me. I do not believe cake word is a trigger word. and I would provable do it again so I got out of it. It was bad for I was getting lots of used out of it.Oh well it was worth a try
    I am now on a gluten free diet with 3 meals a day and include a serving of whole grain gluten free at each meal.

Good morning to you all
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie -We originally got our mattress and low profile box springs last Wednesday, the mattress is 2" smaller than the boxspring, width wise and alittle shorter length wise. I didnt catch it till they left, It was shoved up to the side I could see. They brought out another set yesterday, but after lining them up, we seen the saw problem, so I sent them back, its like the boxsprings and mattress arent a set. Does your set do this? I have slept good on the new on, they had taken my old mattress and boxspring.

Stephanie- My sister is back in the nursing home and about the same, she is getting more rehab on her leg and arm muscles. I need to go see her, its been a few days. She has had alot of company, we try to alternate. Thanks for asking. I am glad you enjoyed your birthday cake.

Marie-Sorry the oa didnt last, atleast you did learn some things about oa and yourself, from it. Passing up wedding cake is a big deal, its normally good. You will find your perfect plan soon , I hope. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Marie..I had no idea they were so strict!
    Janice..my mattress fits really well over the box springs. Sometimes they will shift when we rotate the mattress, though. We have a king bed, so there two separate smaller (almost twin sized) box springs.

Went to the primary care doc this morning and while there the orthopedic doc's office called to tell me they could work me in. That was nearly a 3 hour wait to work me in, but worth it. Got a steroid shot in the knee...boy that hurt! If pain continues, I'll need to have an MRI to see if it's a torn meniscus. Right now, it feels a lot better, and I hope I won't need the pain meds that were prescribed. Anyway... continued exercise is recommended but no more squats, lunges, or anything that puts stress on the knees. Looks like my trainer will need to come up with some different lower body strength exercises for me to do.

Connie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm back!!

Sorry chums for my MIA but September has been manic!!

My parents visited for 2weeks and in that time we took them to Bali for a short break.

We dropped them off at the airport last night and there was tears galore! ;-(

But at least this time I know it won't be long until I see them again as I will be heading home at Xmas

I have done little to no exercise for 3 weeks and not calorie counted at all!!

I weighed this morning and was up about 4lbs but I can live with that!

I'm back on track now though!

I have read all the posts so I'm upto date with you guys

Connie I have a bad knee and have had it for years ACL (been putting off reconstructive knees surgery for quite some time!!) my trainer actually told me to do squats and lunges as it builds up the muscles around the knees to help support the ligaments I am missing and his advice has helped loads! I avoid all "jerky" movements and "pounding" movements such as running or anything that requires a quick change in direction - that's why I get on so well with cycling and dragon boating as no pressure on knees!