Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Saturday!

Hope you all are planning to make it a great day whatever your plans may be.

Marie..where are you?

It's cloudy and humid here with mist. That's fine as I was still able to get out for a walk with the dog. Doing some housework today and possibly attic purging with hubs going in and handing boxes and junk to me. ;) I have learned my lesson! Weight is dropping back down so I guess I am getting rid of the inflammation.

Make it a great day, losers! Stay strong!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I been here. I was having computer problem yesterday. But seems to have got it fix now Connie .
    Take care up in the attic.today.
    Good morning Misfit you all have a Blessed Day
    <3 Marie
  • Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Marie said her PC was down again and it was hard to see keys for typing on what she had so she might not be able to for a bit.

Glad your knee is healing Connie, and you have a helper for that attic so you don't get set back.

Faye you're pretty and...32! I wish I was able to do at 32 what I'm doing now. I tried but my efforts got stuck at 206. At 33 I seriously looked into getting the stomach surgery because I couldn't break that 200 pounds. I talked myself out of it, emotionally and financially, but it took me another 15 years and back to 250 pounds before getting to today. Sometimes I wish I had done it so I would have had 15 years of not being so heavy, but: You are losing it NOW. Congratulations!

I'm 193.2 today, 60 more pounds until maintenance. I'm about to start our family holiday season (birthdays and anniversaries and holidays and vacation) So I have to be on extra special focus when it's extra tricky.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Misfits,
    Not much going on with me. Still not losing an ounce. Still have not lost what
    I gained when I increased my exercise. Decided to back off exercise and regroup.
    Have a great weekend.
    Nancy
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Shirely - I think my mum would like to be in your position by having a grandchild (or two) about the place!

Thanks for your kind works and encouragement Eninad it means a lot a helps to stay motivated!
    The main reason for me getting into shape now is because I didn't want to look back and spend all my 30s miserable like I did the last few years of my 20s!
    I started this journey exactly a year ago at 210lbs and I'm currently 196lbs! It's not an awful lot to show numbers wise for a year but I am happy with my (albeit slow) progress as I am keeping it off!

We can all do this ;-)
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Nancy..good for you knowing when to regroup to move forward. We must never, ever stop looking/trying what works for us!

Eninad...better now than never! When I look back on my yo-yo weight loss history, basically my entire life, I cringe at all the wasted time, effort, and money I spent. I guess the most important aspect of that is the fact that I will never give up the fight and I am grateful for all the resources available now that were not available years ago.

Faye..you are under 200..that in and of itself is a feat!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    it is Sept 27th Where has this month gone?
    Today is Cowboys day. no cooking today.Jerry and I will eat out of the freezer today. I do have a big chopped salad to eat on tho. I make a big chopped salad by buying a bag of chopped cabbage and pick up one of all the veggies I want to chopped into it. I makes a big one and will last all week. my kind of cooking,

not much going on around here.The weather has just been fantastic around here, Still no rain, The fair is going on and usally it is pouring down rain,The dead leaves are fallen.
    Have a beautiful day
    Marie

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, it was nice here yesterday, we had all the windows open. My sister is in the hospital, again, she has pnuemonia. She went in the middle of night Friday from the nursing home. I plan on going up there today. Yesterday my other sister and her daughter were there, when they left, she said she wanted to rest, and really didn't want anymore company. When my sister left she came over and we ran went shopping, for 3 hours, then we just hung and with my husband. It was nice she and I got together for so long, she has recently retired and she has mostly been at the hospital and nursing home. I am glad, she took some time for herself. I had some baked fish last night, while my husband had fried, he had went and got it while I was gone. Its still good, but I thunk next time I am going to get the fried, since we dont eat fish hardly ever. Tonight is the blood moon, I plan on checking it out, its been since 1982, the last time this super type blood moon, happened. Here its suppose to be seen at 10:11 till like 11:30. Have a good day, everyone . Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Marie has the Cowboys. We have the Seahawks. We are sitting around doing absolutely nothing. My body is aching from the back down today. Great day to sit and watch football and have the kids cook dinner. B)
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Janice..so sorry that your sis is back in the hospital. Thoughts and prayers coming for you and yours.
    Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

back from nyc and wow, was it a great weekend! i am so tired, we stayed up very late into the morning on saturday night and my husband and i have another obligation this evening in chicago. needless to say, i do not want to go. clearly, my eating has been off and there were so many yummy things to taste at the party last night. the food was endless. on the way out at 1:30am, they were giving away scoops of egg free cookie dough in 4 different flavors, WEAKNESS. i did not bother to log in yesterday or even try and track what i consumed. just will get back with it tomorrow. today was tired, travel and another party.

janice, sorry to hear about your sister. it sounds complicated and the hospital is probably the best place for her right now. thinking of you and your family.

ester, good to see you. i wish i was sitting around doing nothing today.....

connie, how's your knee? how is the reset going? are you done with it?

marie, how ar you feeling?

enidad great news!! you will surpass my weight in no time!! that is unbelievable!!

nancy, that is so counterintuitive that you gained weight but i have heard of that! i have no idea what the right combination is, if i did i would be a very rich and skinny woman.

will check back tomorrow.

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Step I feel like an old woman should feel. I guess

I don't know where today went. I did watch the Cowboys play and they lost. Then I been during some research on cloth pads For my leaky problems. I am paying about 20,00 dollors a week on the disposable one and that really add up So I may get jerry take me to the fabric store tomorrow.. occurring to what some of the review are they are quiet nice. to wear. Cook a pot of black eyes peas and added a can of season cabbage to them for my dinner, plus a chopped salad really like that. Jerry had a TV Dinner.
    About all I know now.

Best of everything to each of you.
    Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I went to see Linda and she was sleeping when we got there, we brought her the apple pies she liked, she ate both of them, again. She had not even ordered dinner, I made sure we order some dinner before the kitchen closed. She didn't order much, a grilled cheese and yogurt, I guess thats better than nothing. Thanks for your prayers. Janice
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's good that she is eating Janice - the food will give her strength and much needed nourishment!

First day back at work for me today after 2 weeks off....getting up was tough!!

Not best pleased when I was offered a seat on the bus as the person thought I was pregnant!! Never mind at least it shows there are still thoughtful people around!

Make it a good day losers

Faye
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning misfits,
    Here we are with a new week and October is almost here!!! My how time flies.
    -Janice, Sorry about your sister, thoughts and prayers for her and your family.
    -Connie, Hope your knee is still improving.
    -Marie, Wish you could get rid of the leaky problem.
    Time to get moving, have a good day.
    Nancy

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Happy Monday friends,

The weight loss battle continues. ENINAD- there is a MFP member on here who had the stomach staples surgery. She did
    lose a lot of weight but alas she is higher in weight than I am now. I guess you can gain it back. Just stick to your plan
    and you are in Onederland anyway so just keep going.

FAYE - I waited a long time for grandkids and will take Isaac even though he might be the one and only. I don't care
    more to spoil. We love him so.

JANICE - Sorry about your sister but she is lucky to have such a supportive family.

ESTHER - Keep your back healthy and rest it should get better soon.

STEPHANIE - You are having a lot of parties and I have food at every boat event to sabotage our plans. We
    have to be strong and motivate each other. Keep on going.

CONNIE - Sounds like a Fall purge for you and getting ready for that new house! Glad to hear someones weight is
    going down. I started back on South Beach and still plugging away.

We spent the weekend at the boat and the weather on Saturday was cold I had to keep on adding layers. On
    Sunday it was beautiful and warm and we took a 9 mile bike ride. It getting close to the end of boating season.
    One more party at our club in October and the boat will be hauled out.

This morning Yoga class and doing laundry. After lunch will be checking out the Auction house to see
    if they have any baby things like: play pens and high chairs to keep here at our house.

Enjoy the day!

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Afternoon losers!

Looks like you all are doing well today.

The scale has continued to drop. I have lost all weight from the inflammation and down an additional few ounces. Not gonna post it yet, though, as it may not stay. My knee is much improved..still kinda throbs now and then, but I can walk without any problem. I still plan to wait until Friday to do lower body training and I may do the pool Wednesday after training.

Make it a great evening!
    Connie

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Connie-Glad to see the scale moving down for you, today it was up for me. I hope its sodium, because I didnt over eat the amount to gain2 1/2 pounds. We'll see. They say stress makes you gain, I hope thats not the case. Thanks again for your support. Janice

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I see the doc again in a week in Seattle. My hubby before he left made a comment that my leg looks like it is getting worse. As I say "the foundation has settled". I am really noticing that the settling has gotten worse. If I am on my feet for 2 miles I really feel it in my back. I was 11/16th off back in June but I am pretty sure I am closer to 1 inch now. Darned "Alaskan earthquakes" anyway. The weather doesn't help any. It has been changing hourly. We leave next Monday to go see a football game before I see the doc. Can't wait!!!!

Esther
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

connie, great news!!

Janice, don't sweat it and just keep moving forward, there is nothing linear or logical about weight loss.

shocking, I am down a lb today after all of the partying a food indulgences. just keep pushing forward!!

Ester, good luck at the doc!!

Stephanie