Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning ladies!!

hope everyone has a nice weekend planned! I am happy to NOT have plans this weekend as last weekend was totally crazy!!

I will check in later, off to do some weight training!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Here we are into October I guess fall weather is ahead love fall

No plans for me this weekend. just relax and enjoy it

no plans on cooking either just eat left overs.

Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Friday!

Glad everyone is doing well. We are in for some serious rain this weekend with flooding being a major concern. Although the hurricane will not hit here, it will produce huge amounts of water.

Getting here late today, but all is well with me. It was gym day lower body work and then I got in the pool for a bit. I am being very gentle on the knee and even though it doesn't hurt, I iced it for a few minutes.

Have a safe weekend everyone.
    Marie.. I love fall weather, too.

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Hope all is well with everyone.
    No big plans for the weekend other than watching my Rebels play football Saturday.
    Have a great day.
    Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Very cold here today mid 50's and wearing a warmer jacket to Yoga class this morning. I pulled a muscle in my side
    and still healing surprising how sensitive your side is when its hurts. Yoga today using a lot of props and different
    poses. Always a challenge. I also had a massage for my side so I hope it gets better soon.

Just finishing up lunch and going to the boat to start packing away the stuff below for the winter. I think we will be
    hauling out sooner than later.

MARIE - Good luck with the new walker, anything to make life easier on yourself. :)

BARBIE - Sorry to hear about Jake and his shoulder. I hope he heals and can get back to life.

STEPHANIE - Yay! a pound lost. Good for you.

FAYE - smog and pollution, I hear China is bad air quality. I hope it clears somewhat and you can
    go for your bike ride.

NANCY - Happy cleaning I did that too this week.

CONNIE - Keep that knee healing and take it easy.

• eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I hope so to Shirley! I really miss my cycling and dragon boating!

Marie - originally I'm from uk. Just outside London, so I'm a fair way from home right now!

This Sunday I have my first Chinese wedding to attend! It's custom here to give red packets to the bride a groom rather than presents. Apparently you have to give enough money to cover your own food and drinks for the day and a bit on top depending on how close the friend is. There are even websites telling you how much the wedding dinner costs in particular venues so you don't leave the couple short! My colleague told me I have to give enough money so the couple do not make a loss on their wedding! Call me old fashioned but it seems they are missing the whole point of marriage! Surely it's to declare your love in front of your family and friends and not to make a profit!

I will let you know how I get on with that one on Monday!

Hopefully the air clears up and I can go dragon boating tomorrow ;-)

Have a good weekend losers

Faye

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Faye how interesting. Thanks for some of their customs of a wedding. Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    edited October 2015
    Options
    -Connie, Hope you have your rain boots ready!!!
    -Shirley, It's very cool here too. I helped cut grass today, had on short pants
    and got rather cold. I know you will miss your boating this winter.
    -Faye, The wedding sounds very interesting.
    -Marie, Hope you use the new walker and are safe.
    -Barbie, Sorry about your hubby's shoulder injury.
    Steph, Not bad to have no plans for the weekend.
    Nancy

• lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers!

Faye..that wedding custom is interesting. I hope the air clears up for you to get out.
    Nancy...it's chilly here, too, but I love it!
    Shirley..hope your side is feeling better.
    Steph..enjoy your down time.
    Marie and Barbie..hi there!

Rain, rain, go away... ;) Rain boots on!! We are in for a 2 day soaking. I got the dog out during a light rain interval and he was smart enough to do all his business in the front yard! ;) I think he knew that chances are slim of his getting out again!

I hope all of you are doing well. Have a great weekend!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Connie, , Nancy, Faye, Janice, Barbie, Stephanie and the others misfit Have a great weekend.
    Alice will be out tomorrow.. Will need to check out the Cowboys game
    Alice and I are planning on organizing my fabrics. in file cabinets. Should be pretty neat. will send a picture when we are thru.
    So now I need to clear out all of those file cabinets. No telling what I will find.

Bye for now
    Marie <3

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    It been rainy and gloomy here the past couple of days. Right now its not raining. We're not up to much today, just "learing up the dvr. I need to get busy and get some things done. I'm not very motivated, maybe in alittle bit. Have a good weekend, everyone. Janice
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,971 Member
    Options
    :) Today I'm meeting with my friend that I usually walk with....I really want to walk with her, but I am being smart and told her that we couldn't be walking but we could meet somewhere pleasant to talk.

:) Jake's shoulder is a lot better but when we went to Costco, he decided that he could wait a week before buying the giant bag of dry dog food because it was too heavy to lift.

:) Someone told me that there is no bad weather, just bad clothing....as the weather gets cooler and wetter, I just add layers of clothing and as it gets darker, take a flashlight. Now that Jake has offered to help with the morning dog walking sometimes we bought another super bright small flashlight so we can both walk at the same time.

:) Marie, organizing your fabric will probably inspire you to do a new project.

:) Faye, the Chinese wedding custom of giving money sounds smarter to me than our custom of bringing a gift that may or may not be useful. I spent some time in Asia when I was in my 20's and it was an awesome experience but I never went to a local wedding.

<3 Barbie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hello Friends,

Just waiting for Dave to BBQ some salmon and grilled veges for dinner. So thought I would pop in and say hello.

We are having a lousy windy and rainy day. I decided to get at my closet and change my clothes around from
    summer to winter. I ended up with two bags of clothes going to a charity which happened to call today so that
    was convenient. I still have some ironing to do and will do that after dinner.
    I also changed around my flip flops for my winter shoes too. I went for a nice and cold walk this morning and
    it started raining but managed to get the walk in before it really started raining.

I did go and do some shopping looking for a dressy blouse to go with a pair of pants I have but no luck.
    I did buy a couple of shirts to wear with jeans this Fall. So I will have to keep looking.

FAYE - We have dragon boat races here in Ontario. I see them boating when we go on our sailing trips. It
    looks like a real team sport and fun.

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)

:) Someone told me that there is no bad weather, just bad clothing....as the weather gets cooler and wetter, I just add layers of clothing and as it gets darker, take a flashlight.
    <3 Barbie

Obviously whoever said that has never been to southeast Alaska in October. ;) Because I guarantee they will change their mind when they sit through 30 days of rain in the month of October and the lightest "breeze" is 40+ mph. And usually ends with hurricane force winds of 90+ mph. I can promise you no matter what you wear you will get wet. Between Helly Hansen raincoat pants and xtra tuff boots you still get wet. I'm really glad this month has been mild so far. But granted is is only the 3rd. But the forecast is mostly sunny through Tuesday. And then the rain starts..... :/

But then the blessing of tons of rain is I don't have to shovel it in the winter :p and when we do get snow it disappears usually either within a few hours or at most a day or two.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning Esther. I thought Alaska was always cover in snow and ice in the winter time .Jerry was station in Alaska while he was in the Air Force. And that is all hear from him. He hates Winter months. I love the cooler months but not the bitter cold. Did you get your days back yet?

Think I am going back to bed
    See you later
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Sunday!

Marie..that sounds like a good idea! Everything is closed today in Columbia as it is STILL raining and flooding is a very real problem in some areas. Many roads are closed as well as sections of the interstate. Thankfully, we still have power.

Hope you all are doing well.
    I'll check back later.

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie-I'm glad your not flooded and still have power. I haven't seen the news for a couple of days, so I didn't know where the hurricane hit. I hope your town isn't bad. Stay safe, Janice
  • lovesretirement
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Connie-I'm glad your not flooded and still have power. I haven't seen the news for a couple of days, so I didn't know where the hurricane hit. I hope your town isn't bad. Stay safe, Janice

The hurricane did not make it on shore at all, but it kicked up things and produced buckets of rain for this state. Lots of roads closed and businesses and homes were flooded.

I'm already going "stir crazy". ;)
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Connie, Thinking about you and praying for you and your state.
    Wow, just heard Gov. Nicki Haley talking about all of the problems
    with this 1000 year flood. I have a nephew who works out of
    Columbia. Much devastation in South Carolina and more rain to come.
    Be safe, Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Connie sure hope it don't get any worst. take care. We could used some of that rain.

Have not seen any news today. But I have a new photo of my great grandson to show you all.y3w6ai57rwdl.png