Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    good nite Connie and the rest of you misfit I did mot see your post!
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It's been a few days from me guys sorry about that!!

So the Chinese wedding was good but weird experience! It lacked a bit soul and love in my opinion but that may just be a reflection of the couple (don't know them that well)!
    It was a good experience and totally different from a western wedding!

I took the plunge a signed up to a nutritionist. He has given me a set diet to follow and there is so much food!! I think it looks like your plan Connie ie eating more to reset my metabolism. I have practiced a few of the receipts and start cycle 1 on Monday for 1 month!

The exercises he has advised are part of the HIIT programme. Which is 30 seconds flat out (be it running/bike/rowing/burpees etc) and then 30-45 seconds rest and then repeat 12-15 times!
    Apparently it works - will keep you updated!

Have a good one losers

Faye

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Thursday!

Faye..that exercise is intense! I am still hovering around the same numbers AGAIN but will just keep plugging along. I refuse to cut my cals below my basal metabolism which is around 1600.

Hope everyone is doing well. I have a dental appointment this morning and will return later.

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

oh faye, that is great!! it is nice when you have some accountability. it keeps me on track for a bit but eventually I vere off because that is what I do, lol!! would love to hear about what you are eating.

connie, stay strong!! I think it is the right thing to eat more calories. even if it is slow, if you cut too low, what happens when you want to maintain? I am still a decent 10lbs away from where I want to be. slow and steady wins the race!

everyone have a great day!!!

Stephanie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning misfits,
    Just checking in!!! Hope everyone is doing ok.
    I'm in a mode of disgust!!! Just want to throw in the towel
    but I know that is not an option. Going into 10 months and
    I am just about where I started????
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Well I have cut my calories and I am feeling great. We are all built different. I don't do any xercise so I don't need much My body has slow down and so should I. I am eating 3 meals a day and I am not counting calories. I have gone back to one protein. one, fat, 1carbs and really not counting those as long as I get a dose of them 3 times a day. and if needed need at night. . I am posting my meals on One One One group. And I seem to have it all to myself Just call me the odd man out. I may not be able to stick with it But I do want to give it a try. Like a hundreds of other diets. I always thought the one one was a good plan. But it did not work for me on the book plan Maybe this will. I am looking forward to my chile home made pinto beans and a big serving of apple, grapes cole slaw I will get my 3's...... Fat, Carb, and protein. on it. and that is what I am shooting for. I am happy to see the scales droping not fast and I am not starving myself. So who says we need to stuff our tummies.

Connie I see you may have more rain coming your way. I hope not as bad as te 1,000 year one you just had.

Nancy I know exactly how you fill I did lose 11 lbs this year tho. Up and down all year. I weigh 193 this morning and this time last year it was 203/ I got a couple months to go for a Year so maybe I can change that. That number...I wish I wish............
    Marie

I know we should not depend on numbers but about we feel. But in my books numbers does count and I want to get them down..
    now I will quite my belly aching

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Nancy-That sounds very frustrating, I hope you find a solution to help you lose some weight. I have lost very slowly this year, compared to last year. But I have lost 12 pounds, so I'm not really upset. I have ate more, so thats a good reason why my loss has been low. Cheer up, atleast you aren't gaining.

I visited my sister at nursing home today, I took her a frosty and a chicken sandwich, she aint all of the frosty and most of the chicken sandwich. She still weighs only 99 pounds, thats why we take her food, even though she is given regular meals. I will check back later. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Nancy..I feel your pain. It will be a year for me in December and I have two more pounds to make it to 20 pounds lost. This is unreal. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. But, like Janice says..it's better than gaining!

Marie..we are so blessed that we are not in the area where homes were flooded. We are still drinking bottled water..my dentist had to have distilled water tanks installed to be able to do procedures. (I checked before I went! ;) ) I'll come over to the One One One group and say hello. <3

Janice..what kinds of things did you do last year to help you lose? I know your sis was glad to see you today.

I guess we can add "slow losers" to our misfit title! :D

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I think one of the things is, I didn't use exercise calories to eat more like I do now. I didn't exercise very much and I didn't count all my exercise, like I do with my fit gear, I only counted true exercise. Plus I just eat more calories, and eat out alittle. Alot of time I was happy to stay the same instead of gaining. Luckily slowly but surely it came down. I logged all calories every day.

Connie-I am so glad you are not flooded. Is the area your building flooded? I hope not. Is that 20 for the year? Thats good either way, especially on your legs. Gettibg tired. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    you know g Or there woul not be so many posting here. Just for the fun I think I will open up a slow loser I think there are a lot of slow losers here on MFP forum and see how many resond to it. here goes if I remember How?
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning misfit losers! Happy Friday!

Janice...we were happy to see that the community where we are building did not flood and our lot was fine. So glad it is not framed yet nor was any lumber out to get soaked. Yes, almost 20 pounds in 300 days. I guess that will be my goal..get to 20 and go from there. Never has it taken me so long to lose 20 pounds!

I did the gym today..lower body and very careful with the knees. I walked more yesterday so they were achy today. (Sigh) If I sit too long they get stiff; exercise too much and they ache! I just can't win. I joined the walking challenge on the Thanksgiving group but not sure I will get 100 miles with these knees!

Okay..rant is over.. :s

Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    -Connie, I think 20 pounds is a great number, that would get me near my goal.
    So good that you didn't have any lumber at your home site and no worries of future flood in that area.
    Have a good day.
    Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I am home from Seattle and the docs. Doc says he will chop me up in pieces after I hit onederland. So I am out to bust my *kitten* to get there or as close as I can for January. Had a blast at the football game. Here is a view from the not so cheap seats. I had my phone on half zoom. We were only 16 rows up from the bottom!!!! It was awesome. My hubby wants to take me to another game now. B)

u9syonth5t5z.jpeg

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!

Esther
  • eatless83
    Options
    I definitely think we should add "slow losers" to our misfits title ;-)

If anybody wants a copy of my cycle one plan (eating and exercise) do let me know, I would be more than happy to email it over

I am looking forward to starting on Monday! I plan to do a huge cook up on Sunday so I have my meals ready for the week!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :)Esther, Thanks for your photo of the game....we watched it on TV and it was great.
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Saturday!

Nancy..I should be happier with what I have lost, but I guess it's just that I have soooo much more to lose that it seems insurmountable. At times I really just want to quit!

Faye..thanks so much sharing your new plan of action!

It's a rainy Saturday here which just adds to existing problems as rivers and streams are flowing down into the low country. There are still many folks in the state who are homeless.

No plans for today..just cleaning/sorting.
    Make it a great day, losers!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Plan on a quiet weekend.
    Not much going on at our house.
    Have a good weekend.
    Nancy
  • eatless83
    Options
    We all feel like quitting now and again Connie! Luckily we have each other for support!!

I couldn't do it without you guys ;-)

Faye
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I agree with you Faye. I wouldn't be where I am if it weren't for everybody on these threads. Thanks for all the encouragement everybody !!!!

Esther
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    good morning losers!!

I have tried to catch up quickly!!

connie, 20lbs is a buttload, literally, of weight. think of 20lbs of butter, that is a ton!!! you need to focus on how far you have come and not where you are going.

nancy, nice to see you!! also you need not think about that you haven't lost but more that you have not gained!! that is awesome!!

faye and ester, I a agree about the support!! I am ao happy I found you guys! it is slow but it feels good in our neck of the woods:)

happy sunday all!!

stephanie