Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• Eninad
    Eninad Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @slw19 I would expect it to be Sodium. Whenever I stop minding it, or when I forget to add potassium and water while removing the sodium, I get stuck.

Eating out has ridiculous amount of sodium, I eat out anyway. Even choosing wisely, I have no clue how much sodium is in that prepared food, but I'm only doing things I can continue doing, that was my rule for this journey. It takes me a few days to off set a high sodium day, so things slow down.

I'm stuck too right now, it's partly sodium and partly new movement muscle effect. I had 2 high sodium days, 4 days apart.... yeah, not best for my scale reading which says 201.6 today. I know i can flush it though.

This takes so much diligence!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Hope it's a good day where you are.
    Hot as blue blazes at my house!!!
    Have done my exercise on my bike and am adding some
    weights to my regime. I don't know what I am doing but I
    started with 3# dumbbells as well as some bands.
    Stay cool!!!
    Nancy
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie-Your right it was a strange, hard and growing time in my life. I had to get stronger in order to work and take care of my children. With hard work, good bill paying decisions, a good plan, alittle help from my inheritance, and alittle from 2nd husband I was able to pay my house off. It was such an achievement for me. I'm sure your new house will be beautiful, is it going to be in that golfing community.

Stephanie-It is annoying to keep going back and forth with the 170'sand 180's, this is the most trouble I have had with any set of tens. I feel just maybe it will happen soon. One day we will be there. I was fine for awhile just kind of maintaining, but now I want results again, its been to long in the 180's, its not like I'm tall. I am 5'5, still have a good amount of fat on me. The thing is I never did that much different from when I was losing, steady. Good luck getting out of 150's for good, thats our next step in getting to our goal, we have to get past our stubborn plateau like drama.

Eninad-It looks like you are in the same situation as Stephanie and me, sorry you haven't got to stay in onderland, I remember you hit it before, didnt you. Again it will come, I thought it took awhile for me get into the 100, I kept doing what you are doing now, but my 190's went fast, hopefully that will happen for you, too. Dont let it get you down.

Marie-I hope the Drs. have a good report for you, and get you feeling better. Janice
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I am happy to report that Little Miss Foxie is finally acting like herself! Thank you for all your kind thoughts. <3

We ran and ran all weekend and yesterday helping paint/spackle/clean/remove old carpet and hardwood, etc. from our son's new townhouse. My Fitbit recorded 59 flights of stairs on Saturday alone! I earned over 700 calories just on Saturday. Whew. It is 1.5 hours away there and then back and then there and then back. Crazy busy and trying my best to pack food and stay on plan. We went to Subway Sat and Sun and I got a roast beef sandwich. I felt like I did well, even though I missed a snack S/Su/M.

Today the scale was up 0.8lb from last week. :-( I have my official 3-week accountability session tomorrow after working out. They'll do pictures/measurements/and BF%. We may end up changing the meal plan (?). I'm still down from 3 weeks ago, but I hate seeing a gain at all.

I read everyone's posts to catch up, but too much to respond to. :o

It's sweltering here and it is only going to get worse tomorrow. This weekend and next we will be back at our son's place helping again. We are getting behind on all of our own home chores/mowing/etc. I have the gym today, tomorrow and Thursday.

Back to work!

Becky
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    back from the doctor and grocer shopping.

The doctor said I have an infections on my legs were I have had a rash for over 10 years She gave me some antibiotic and for my swollen feet and ankle she gave me a much stronger water pill that you take once a week. Hope My system adjust to it OK. She was not to happy with me for not going to ER. Maybe I can shed these lbs I have gain.

Got to go find lunch.

Marie
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie glad you are doing better and hope you get rid of some of that water retention in your legs. Also good to see you
    went to the doctor after all. How are you kitty's doing?

We got back from my grandson's today, Dave had a golf game with his passed coworkers at 2PM so we had to leave early
    and didn't want to. Isaac is getting so big and cute and responding and smiling all the time. He will be 4 months next week.
    I will put on a picture as soon as dropbox puts them in.

I am finishing up laundry from Sunday yet and still have to put it away. I already went to get groceries, drugstore and
    fish food at Walmart. I will be having dinner myself as Dave is eating with the guys. Not a great two days of eating but
    hope to get better as the week progresses. It has been so hot here, I will be getting my walk in after dinner and after it
    cools down.

Hi to everyone else!

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Marie..so glad you are getting the antibiotic to clear things up! Don't worry about losing pounds right now.

Eninad..you will get there..muscle exercise does mean water weight. When I took a few days off from exercise last week, I dropped 2 pounds of water.

Nancy..you can lift more than 3 pounds! You have put up a screened porch, mowed the lawn, framed pictures, and a lot more. You are stronger than you think! Try the 5 and soon it will be 8 then 10.

Janice..the house is in small community within a large golf/country club community. It's a gorgeous community and my screened porch will look out over the woods, and there is a lot more room between houses than where we are now. You and I are the same height..I so wish I weighted 180!

Becky..so glad your fur baby is better. The thing about weighing in the afternoon is food, water, and exercise...don't let it get you down!

Steph..7000 cals for 1 pound?? Geez..it will take me forever. :/

Shirley..I know it is good to be back home.

Stay cool guys!

Connie

• eyegirl777va
    Options
    Marie, Sorry you are having leg problems. Hopefully the antibiotic will take care of the infection and the diuretic will get rid of the water retention. The hot days are not good on your health. Take care!!!
    Nancy
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm trying to send all of you "hotties" some rain. We have more than we need here. I am just praying this week will end soon. It is killing me. Monday started assaulting me a day early and it hasn't let up yet. My brain is fried and my legs are killing me. And what is worse is as I lose weight I am noticing my legs are starting to act up when I am resting in the recliner or in bed. I know it is restless legs but so far it is tolerable. If it gets bad I will go see a doc. But they used to bother me during final ballet weeks when I walk 6+ miles on concrete and tile but now it is every week multiple nights a week. Once my body finally completely relaxes it goes away but sometimes it takes about a half a book in bed to completely relax. Kinda like tonight. Well I guess it's off to sleep for me now finally. Talk to all of you tomorrow.

Esther
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have been so busy at work this week (we have auditors in and have had to sit through a 2.5hr interrogation on Monday alone)

Time has flown by!

So my in-laws haven't noticed that I dropped 15lbs since I last saw them at Xmas - but that's okay I guess they are just not the types to mention (but still a little encouragement would have been nice)
    My mum arrives in sept and I am pretty confident she will make me feel good about myself ;-) good ole mums!

Got about another 1.5lbs to lose from the 4lb I gained the other week and I am off to Cambodia tomorrow and will be walking around the temples so will definitely get plenty of exercise in! I have also read there is an early morning cycling tour so may do that as I do love my cycling ;-)

Marie - glad you are getting fixed! And I agree with Connie don't worry about losing pounds right now - get fixed up first!

Keep up the hard work Becky and keep focus of the bigger picture!! You are down since you started!!!

Take care everyone

Faye
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Lost my post be back later
    Marie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Marie, so glad you went to the doctor! Infections in the legs with edema from CHF can be tough to treat if you let it get too far along. Glad you caught this one early. I hope the new diuretic works wonders at getting that fluid off. Just be sure to stay very hydrated!

Thanks, everyone, for your encouraging words. I know it's a long process. It's so tough when you want results right away. ;) I am definitely seeing new shapes in my arms and legs and rear end. Now if this fat would take a hike so I could see the muscles! LOL

It's going to feel like more than 110 degrees here today with the heat and humidity. UGH Stay cool if your weather is anything like ours is right now. Supposedly there is suppose to be a less-hot (definitely can't use the word cooler!) front moving in next week some time.

I have the trainer again tonight and tomorrow, off Friday for lab work and the annual vet visit for the three dogs and one cat. Then the weekend back over at our son's place working like crazy to get it ready for their move-in the next weekend. So much to do, and not nearly enough time! Keeps us out of trouble. B)

Becky
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Good morning, misfit losers! Happy Wednesday!

Just peeking in since I just got back from the gym and need to shower. I was dreading the gym today but feel great now. So glad to be taking the cut in cals starting Monday. I need order restored in my life! My trainer and I talked about how excess exercise causes stress on the body and stress is water weight (along with muscle water weight) so this creates a "no scale loss" scenario.

Hope all is well with you guys.
    Will check back later.

Connie
  • eatless83
    eatless83 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Connie - all the info you share from the trainer is fascinating! And highly logical...it's just not something I have ever really thought about before, but it definitely all makes sense
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    eatless83 wrote: »
    Connie - all the info you share from the trainer is fascinating! And highly logical...it's just not something I have ever really thought about before, but it definitely all makes sense

I am thinking about the changes I need to make to drop the fat since I am virtually beginning with a clean slate. When I started in December, I was eating too little and exercising too much. Two levels of stress..cortisol from working out= water weight. Weight training=water weight. No wonder I wasn't losing anything! So I need to reduce the stress!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Connie - Add some Yoga to your routine and you start to stress release. It has really helped my blood pressure readings.
    I am so trying to incorporate meditation too to slow myself down and just be with myself since we give to others so much
    of our time and energy.

Speaking of Yoga I had my class today and trying to get in as much this week since I will off again. We are leaving on
    Friday for another sailing club cruise until Monday. We have a holiday here in Canada called Civic Holiday which is on
    Monday. We will go to another port for two more days and then head home again.

I was so glad to see Isaac for two days and enjoyed every minute of it. I will post another picture. Sorry its so big
    but I can't seem to control the size on this tablet. I can control the size on email but not on this site.

Shirley

This Isaac with Grandpa

x2p8rbqkqwu2.jpg
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Just stopping in to say hi.
    Had dental appointment and errands to take care of.
    So hot just wanted to get home and get cool.
    Hope everyone is doing ok.
    Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    edited July 2015
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    vqnyvq7mkmfg.png

Love, love, love it!! :)

Shirley...you grandson is adorable!

Marie..how are you doing?

Connie
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,
    still so hot here!

marie, where are you?

connie, have a sonic for me! live large the next few days cause its back in the saddle. my nutritionist person just cut my calories a little for the week to see of that helps. lost 1/2lb.

Shirley, such a cute baby!!

faye, great job working on dropping the 3lbs.

have a great day and will check in later!

stephanie