The New Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    One more day with students tomorrow and then staff training on friday. Woo Hoo, 2 weeks vacation coming up!

I brought home paperwork but just finished it so now I can power read my book club book for tomorrow's meeting. We are reading
    The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd. It's a dark book but the character development is good. I hope it ends somewhat happy for someone
    in the book.

I hope your vacation plans happen Marla! That would be fantastic.
    Shirley- sorry Isaac is sick. I hope you enjoy your weekend anyway.

Rory comes home Sunday or Monday. We need to get ready for his Ecuador internship next week. It's coming fast!

Well need to read my book!

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marla - Good luck and may or plans for Disney come true for you. Sounds like a great trip.

Jenny - Saw your group FB picture from your trip with your friends. Looked like a fun group.

Dave left early afternoon, Tom took the day off and he drove. So I am home here until Friday
    and then I will venture out to see Kathy and Isaac. Dave called tonight and said its 28F there
    and lots of snow. Great for ice fishing. Our temps were in the 60's and a glorious day.
    I got a few extra days at home to do some cleaning.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    Caleb ended up with Principals Honor Roll (A average) for 3rd quarter and as of right now Zach has an A-PLUS in accelerated biology. Here's hoping for other amazing results!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    So far this week I've gotten up on time to go to the gym or run (or run at gym) every day! I hope I can keep it up. It makes me whole day seem so much more productive. More so on the days that I run. I even did an outdoor run this morning. I hope to get another outdoor run in Saturday. I will have to see with the freezing rain/snow coming tonight. It will depend on the temperature Saturday morning and how clear the sidewalks are.

Early to rise though means early to bed! It's taken a few days to adjust but I think I am. It works much better to get it in the morning then at night.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    holy 'what the?' batman. Vacation approved. Let the booking begin! I.Am.Freaking.Out.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    great run Ang! - it's going to be an insane 10 weeks but I hope to make activity a priority too so I can bust out mucho miles of vacay fun
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marla - Congrats! on the vacation plans it should be a lot of fun. Woo Hoo, to Caleb's A+ shows they
    can do it.

Jenny - Hi

Ang - Your new schedule seems to be working for you. I know getting bed earlier makes a big
    difference in your day.

Leaving today to see Kathy, Isaac and Fraser. I will be back on Sunday.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Yay Marla! Have fun. When do you leave? Congrats to the boys for wonderful grades!

Thanks for the birthday wishes on Facebook! Beautiful, warm, sunny day here in MN. What a treat!

WTG Ang!

Off to a surprise 60th bday party for a friend. I'll celebrate my own tonight too.

More later,
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Got here safe and sound from my drive to Kathy's. Enjoying Isaac, he is in bed now and I will be
    following shortly.

The guys have caught 4 perch and 1 rainbow trout so far from ice fishing.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    the plan is May 21 through May 28 - trying to nail it down right now!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Marla- I'm so glad you get to go to Orlando. What a treat for you and your family. Is Bernie going too? I am really missing that we didn't
    go somewhere this winter. With two weeks off this would have been a good time to go next week. Rory's home this week. But the weather is warm
    and more money for AK is a good thing. Next winter, hopefully!

It's nice having Rory home. It's 11:30am and he is just waking up, LOL! He was very tired when he arrived yesterday. We had a nice dinner at home and chatted most of
    the day.

I started my day with the chiropractor for my monthly adjustment. Catching up on some of my taped shows. May do some shopping with Rory this afternoon.
    He has to make his list of needs for his internship so we can begin to tackle the list.

I hope you all have a nice day. I'm really working on increasing my protein intake and eating healthy.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    bet it's nice having Rory home for a bit - enjoy the time!

I am PUMPED. Yes Bernie is set to go along - although if he continues to be a pain that could change for all I care. His attitude is wearing thin. No matter. This will be special. It will probably be my only all together trip with how fast things are going - Zach is 3/4 done with his freshman year already! Of course we still have 10 weeks to fuss with each other. Even with the trip on the horizon the daily drama won't cease that's for sure.

I did well on getting some miles on the treadmill. Did the warm up/cool down to a dvd for some stretching and am really disappointed in myself in how far the wrong way I have gone. It's hard not to focus on how far I let myself go. Meh.

Let's focus on increasing our activity to be at our best for our trips!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I just lost my post by hitting the return key again. I will post later.

• Shirley61
    Options
    Hello I am back

I had a good weekend with Isaac and the rest of the family. Kathy and I went to the AGO
    Art Gallery of Ontario on Saturday morning and we had lunch there. I really enjoyed "The
    Outsiders" exhibit from 1950 to 1980. Loved the gift shop but it was very expensive.

Kathy is making earrings now and has her earrings on a website to buy so we went to
    Michaels to get some more beads so she can make more on Friday night before dinner.

They have a mouse scurrying around the ceiling right above my bed and scared the
    *kitten* out of me Friday night. After I told Fraser the next morning, he said well that settles
    it we do have a mouse in the house after finding droppings around the house. So needless
    to say I slept on the couch for 2 nights so it wouldn't wake me up.

Back to normal today and doing laundry.

Marla - Yippee! your trip is booked, you will have so much fun as well as the kids.

Jenny - Have a nice visit with Rory as you will miss him when he leaves again.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    adorbs pic Shirley!
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I got my tax refund. MY LINE OF CREDIT IS PAID IN FULL!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Next to go is my dentist bill. I need a little from my pay this week, but I can go there Saturday and pay them off as well. It will feel so good!

I'm having a celebration, who cares about calories, dinner tonight. Dinner is on it's way to me.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Congrats Ang on paying your credit!! It must feel good and you must feel lighter.

Finished laundry today and had another chirorpratic apt. for my knee. It is feeling better and no pain.
    One more apt. next week and that should do it, I just have to stretch my quads and keep on it.

Tonight choir practice.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Congrats Ang - that must feel great - WTG
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    it's been a weird and stressful few days - when I have a better grasp on things I will try to get into it -

hoping tonight to get a couple of miles on the treadmill - Tuesday was banquet and spelling - last night was church and choir - both pretty late nights - and I woke up today with an awful pounding headache

bleh

haven't cooked all week and frankly think the boys will be getting Subway tonight -

WAVES
  • Shirley61
    edited March 2016
    Options
    1961773ibw36ufveu.gif

Marla- Hang in there, I hope tomorrow is better.

Shirley