The New Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    My percolator coffee pot for camping arrived yesterday. I'm practicing learning how to use it. I tried to grind my beans coarse and made a pot. It was weak for my taste and when I looked in the grounds basket there were some whole beans that weren't ground, LOL! Luckily Russ was at the grocery so I texted him to buy me coarse ground coffee for a percolator. I will try that tomorrow. I'm drinking the weak coffee since I made it. Better than nothing.

Off to the gym in 30 minutes or so for my boot camp class. It is going to kill me this morning. Then I need to do some house cleaning later. Dog hair everywhere, papers to sort, laundry, etc. Rainy out today so that helps. I'm off Monday so I hope it is nice so I can clean the trailer floors, cabinets, get the cabinets lined, and vacuum upholstery/floors. Then I will feel like it is ours. I prefer my own dirt over others!

Well I'm off to get dressed to beat myself up at the gym. Not losing any weight because my eating habits have been poor but at least I'm doing more exercise than before I joined the gym.

Have a happy Easter! We went to Easter service last night at our church. They do many since it is so big.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    tirreeeedddd....

Bernie got out our at least 15 year old coffee maker because the 'new' one (probably at least 10 years old) started leaking - guess it's a good thing I hung on to it ;>) will use it until I get a wild hair about what direction I want to go - and usually most those fancier ones go on sale during Black Friday - we can use this one until then if I want to go fancy

I think this new med is making me bloated - I don't feel like I have been eating poorly but I am so puffy - yuck - next week I go to the urologist...
  • jrbanta
    Options
    We had a nice ham dinner with Jeff. He may go to Grand Forks with us for Rory's graduation if he doesn't have to go out of town for business. I hope he can come with us. It was a beautiful day yesterday and today. I was able to clean the camper pretty thoroughly on the inside with exception of vacuuming the mattress. I couldn't get the couch to go flat to pull the Murphy bed down. Russ will have to help me. I lined all the shelves and cabinets except the bathroom. I'll do those another day. Beat and my knees are killing me. Tomorrow I work so I need to get geared up for that. I had to add a 4pm meeting for a team mate so we can review progress with a little guy and his parents.

Marla-did you have a nice Easter?

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    it was a busy day with multiple church services and having the fam over - but it went well enough.

Zach had golf yesterday and I thinking he would like a mulligan on the whole day - shot a 60 - on 9 holes - not good. His 'home' course too - I think I jinxed him. Went and took a few pics - I will stay FAR away Thursday as he has to play there again - hopefully he can shake it off and shoot well.

so puffy and bloated - bleh
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    rainy -

Ima wondering if this new pill is also making me more tired along with being bloated - or I don't know - I am just not myself. But a week until Urology appointment,. I have kept a pee diary for the last two days - and I am still going a lot! But not going to stop this Vesicare until I go to this other appointment.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I hope you get some answers at your dr appointment, Marla. You've had this a long time now.

Rainy, chilly week. I always get caught in the down pours when I leave my car to go into homes. The gray skies make me feel low energy and then I become lazy at home. I have book club tomorrow eve and I have some paperwork to get done for Friday. I'm behind in my paperwork because I hate doing it at home and not enough time at work to sit at my desk and work.

Not much else going on right now.

Enjoy your Thursday,
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    golf again today for Zach - praying for a better day than Monday for him -

draaaiiiinnnneeeedddd
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    TGIF!!!

Zach had another terrible round - I'm afraid he is going to get kicked back off Varsity. That will be painful - Varsity is always up for grabs and with two awful tourneys I'm guessing he's done - we'll see. I know I said I hadn't wanted him to go Varsity - but I also don't want him to get that taste of it and then get it taken away. Sigh. It's tough - he's practicing well, just crappy shooting at those tourneys on his home course. Maybe he'll get one more shot next week and since it is away he'll fire it up. Fingers crossed for him.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Finally sunny and warm today. Short week for work but days were so dreary and cold.

I am almost caught up on my paperwork but have piles at home and things to accomplish. My knees are hurting this week and I haven't made it a priority to go to the gym. My bad! That's life though.

How is Zach doing, Marla? Is he bummed and beating himself up or telling himself I will do better next time? I hope all works out for him.

How are you feeling with your UTI? I hope you heal soon.

I am going out with two younger coworkers tomorrow to drink at a Bloody Mary bar and play Bar Bingo. I've never been to a BM bar nor have I played bingo. Fingers crossed I win some money!

Happy Friday,
    Jenny
  • jrbanta
    Options
    The Bloody Mary bar was fun and I learned to play Bingo. I didn't win but was one spot away twice. Bummer! I could see where playing that game could be addicting. It was a fun way to socialize and keep your mind alert at the same time.

Beautiful day today and I need to go rake up dog poop, finally! Also have to see if new bedding fits the camper bed.

Have a nice day!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    A bloody mary bar sounds cool.

Caleb's school musical is tonight. It's always a favorite of mine - more so than the Christmas program. After this one - he will only have one left!

Still feeling crummy - have urology appointment on Thursday - feeling anxious because I don't know what to expect, though I have to think no matter what it won't be 'magic' - so who knows how long to find a treatment. What I have read is troubling about the lack of relief for many ...sigh
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I hope you get some answers and effective medication. Have they run any other tests? Are they sure it is a UTI?

What grade is Caleb in now? Will he be high school next year already?

We just ate at Pizza Ranch for my program's fundraiser. 10% of tonight's sales go to our program for educational materials. I don't volunteer at it due to my knee. I would have to stand for 4 hours straight. No way! Russ and I usually go for dinner. It wasn't so good this year and I feel like I need a good digestive cleanse.

I have to get to the gym this week!

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Caleb is finishing 7th grade - he will be an 8th grader next year and in his final year at ILS - then we have to jump him into the public school arena. The only high school parochial school option here is the Catholic school and we are not Catholic, or well off enough or sporty enough for that. ;>)

Our pizza ranch does those too.

Musical was nice - although the sound system was bad. I guess they took all the good mic's to the new high school. :<(

• jrbanta
    Options
    This week feels slow. Rainy, windy and very busy at work. I'm tired of work politics and crazy paperwork. I hope the stress doesn't kill me before I retire.

Tomorrow night we go to the recognition dinner put on by the school district for employees that have been there 25 + years. One lady actually retired after 49 years. Crazy! I'm gone at 30.

Tired and not much to tell tonight. I was part of an online Usborne book party on Facebook tonight. I bought gifts for my grand niece and another one on the way.

Night!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    I hear you J - there are people here who are still working after 50 years!!! No freakin' way.

COLD today. It was 74 the other day and this afternoon it is going be almost freezing. It seems late for a potential snow. The kids are going to be popsicles.

Tomorrow's the appointment day. Here's hoping for a productive visit and some answers!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Good luck at your appointment today. I hope you get answers and relief, Marla.

Cold and rainy, some icy snow on deck this morning. Gray outside. I would rather be under a blanket reading a book. I'm sitting at Caribou right now and procrastinating on paperwork. Thought I would check in first. My next appointment for work is at 10:30 and then "fun" (sarcasm) meetings all afternoon.

The recognition dinner was very nice. Even Russ had a good time and will probably go again next year. This was his first one even though he has been invited for the last 8 years.

I am pumping myself full of coffee to "wake up". Lazy attitude today, unfortunately. Shirley contacted me on FB. She had surgery on her knee and is in the healing phase. They repaired 3 tears in her meniscus and cleaned out some cartilage. She said she has to relearn how to do stairs since she had been compensating with her knee pain. I get it because stairs are something I avoid or have to think about depending on the day.

We finally booked our tickets to Seattle. Not sure if using a travel agent saved us much or gave us good departure and arrival times. I just couldn't attend to the search this time around. At least this way when we choose to do a bigger trip such as Ecuador or Costa Rica, we have a contact.

Well I better get to the paperwork. Have a nice day and stay warm.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    what a depressing, disappointment. The only thing I got out of yesterday's appointment was two more appointments. One for a sort of ct scan and then another doc appointment. Four weeks out. For frack's sake. Oh, and a different OAB med - the others haven't worked, so I am having a hard time feeling anything but depressed. I'm just so tired of it.

The tourney was a better round for Zach. Shot a 98. Which isn't competitive with leaders - but better than he was shooting last week. Whew. He just has to keep working it down.

It is snowing here today. Seriously. It poured rain for awhile, now some flurries. Crazy weather.

I hope to work myself up to make a few batches of oreo balls for my niece's graduation and get them in the freezer. The weeks are slipping away!!

I saw on FB Starla (remember Star from the thread a few years ago?) moved to Oregon because the cost of living is so high in Seattle. Hope it works out for them.

Hope you have a good weekend dear J!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Sorry your doctors didn't give you any info but at least they ordered a scan to get some information. My doctors don't act on anything. Sorry you have to wait so long though.

Yeah I saw Starla's posts. It sounds like they've had a dream of moving to Coos Bay, OR for awhile. I'm glad she found a job to make it happen. I think Seattle is a crazy, expensive city. It's costing us some big bucks to go out there for my niece's wedding. It will cost us to go to my son's wedding in AK in Fall 2018. Yikes!

TGIF!!!!! I can't scream it loud enough. My knee hurts and I'm tired. I haven't been to my boot camp in two weeks so I'm going tomorrow morning so I don't procrastinate again. I always feel good when I accomplish it. These last two weeks have been busy and when I wasn't, I used my knee pain as an excuse to relax and avoid the gym.

WTG Zach! He's still in the game!

Cold and possible snow here this weekend. We had a dusting yesterday too. Almost May and we aren't done with winter yet.

Well I'm lazy and reading so I need to get off my duff and put my clothes in the dryer.

Have a wonderful weekend.
    Jenny
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Yesterday was beautiful weather. Russ finally was able to mow at least the front yard. Hopefully the backyard today although a storm is expected at some point. We went to Camping World and bought a few items for the camper but their stock wasn't so good. I guess some of the things I researched are only on their online selection. I'll compare prices with Amazon and see if there is a savings.

I ordered 3 dresses from Nordstoms to try on for the wedding in June. Two of three have arrived. I need to try on the second one today. I hate clothes shopping so having it sent here and with free returns it makes it worth it to me.

If it doesn't rain for awhile I'm going to finish lining shelves in the camper today. I have a couple of errands to run at the dollar store and Walmart and then clean up the stacks of junk mail, etc. I've collected.

Enjoy your Sunday. I hope you've had a good weekend.
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hi. Maybe I should introduce myself again. I'm Angela. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada - just in case you forgot who I was.

Marathon training starts today! TODAY!! :o I made my schedule so that Sunday and Wednesday's were cross-training days. It's to hard of a day to get a run in on those days. Fridays will be hard until the kids program I work in will be over for the summer.

This past weekend I was at a ladies retreat. It was so wonderful! It was the perfect weekend to get away and just what I needed. My job where I am is done. Due to issues going on at work, I've been given a date of May 19 as my last day at the where I am. I'm looking for something new. I've got my resume into a few places and am talking to a recruitment agency. Ever since it came down to be given a date, I have a peace I haven't heard in a long time. I feel almost relieved to know that everything that is going on there will soon be over. Just pray that I find something soon. I can't be without a job for long, well actually at all.

I hope you ladies are doing well. Spring is finally here! I was out side in a short sleeve shirt yesterday. It was so nice! I'm loving the warmer weather!