What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    How many grams of carbs do you average a day?
  • goldengirl111
    Options
    Abm4n wrote: »
    @bluefish Love the colours of your dish! What are the red bits? :* ?

pomegranate

• goldengirl111
    Options
    I made radish "potato chips" over the weekend. Fried in lard & sprinkled with sea salt. I served these w/ leftover ribeye I sliced thin & warmed with sauted mushrooms & provolone.

kht3gvy1gglx.jpg

I had a lot of radish earlier this year. . . . are they good made like this?

• retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    4lnpb2zweots.jpeg

Lunch!

looks great--what am I seeing here?: spinach, peanuts? chicken?

My guess is chicken pieces, spinach leaves,and cherry tomatoes tossed in a home made vinaigrette which would really taste good.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    @retirehappy , the recipe for the cheeseburger casserole was from here (launch pad), I believe! Apologies for not having a link! My carb count while losing was 10 (or less) a day. Now that I'm working on maintenance I'm around 50. I tried adding veggies, but they bloated me too much! Now, I'm carnivore with some vanilla ice cream (easier tolerated, and stopped the weight loss, which was my goal of maintenance)most days!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thought about this, and that cheeseburger casserole wasn't from here! Here is the recipe I used: http://www.butterisnotacarb.com/cheeseburger-casserole/
  • retirehappy
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Thought about this, and that cheeseburger casserole wasn't from here! Here is the recipe I used: http://www.butterisnotacarb.com/cheeseburger-casserole/

Thanks! I think I will add a Southwestern touch to this and add some green chili strips to this.

Hope you are progressing well in your recovery/
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Anyone including their macros with the food the show? Thinking it might be a good idea for people to see plates that are 80%F 15%P 5%C.
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    knvayhvfznbm.jpeg

Ignore the pancakes, not mine :smile:
    Breakfast at IHOP! Create your own omelette (with real eggs, not the flour/egg substitute mixture crap)
    Bacon, spinach, ham, sausage and cheddar cheese.
    6g carbs, 67g fat, 64g protein.
  • retirehappy
    Options
    Made zuke and summer squash "pasta". Had 4 chicken and basil meatballs with a red sauce I made from roasted red peppers, onion, garlic and cherry tomatoes from the graden. Topped with Romano cheese. Didn't picture it but had a chocolate fat bomb for dessert. Had a small glass of red wine to wash it down. I might not eat til next week, I am so full.

5ldwyi9hiz89.jpg
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Made zuke and summer squash "pasta". Had 4 chicken and basil meatballs with a red sauce I made from roasted red peppers, onion, garlic and cherry tomatoes from the graden. Topped with Romano cheese. Didn't picture it but had a chocolate fat bomb for dessert. Had a small glass of red wine to wash it down. I might not eat til next week, I am so full.

5ldwyi9hiz89.jpg

When this picture first popped up on my screen, I thought it was a pie, until I looked more closely! Loving the plate :smiley:
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Slow cooked minced beef with herbs, spices and garlic. Layered inside a lettuce leaf with grated cheese and salsa (I often swap the salsa for sour cream or guacamole, depends on my mood and what I fancy and/or got in the fridge)

Works equally well with chicken pieces instead of the mince.

b1ng92vi5r1o.jpeg
  • tabarrett0261
    tabarrett0261 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Would really like to see a cup of bulletproof coffee if someone would share!

Here's how I make my bulletproof coffee.
    uzrfu2kjvfsx.jpeg
    Look at that beautiful frothy cream and butter top! This stuff is heaven!
    I go with 1tsp coconut oil, 1tsp butter, 1Tbs heavy cream and 2Tbs sugar free syrup in 12 oz. coffee.

My dr. gave me a good bullet proof coffee recipe with coffee, coconut oil, butter and 1 scoop of protein powder. That is pretty much my breakfast some days. I'm really surprised how long it holds me over.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    oh, I forgot to add the breading is using ground flax seed on that chicken
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    beer can bacon burger with provolone cheese
    ycn736pq56hm.jpg
  • CaliforniaAJ
    CaliforniaAJ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    beer can bacon burger with provolone cheese
    ycn736pq56hm.jpg

OMG I am soooooo going to make these tomorrow!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Squash stuffed with beef, mushrooms, and cheese and a bacon, egg, and double cheeseburger from McDonald's

rsqrcv5lwzax.jpeg
    1yurr6p9njhr.jpeg