Kitty Gonzalez OMAD Becoming a Warrior

Options

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Well, my scales tell me I'm 114.5 kg, so I guess the grill bar scales lied to me!! Lol. I'm a tiny bit sad I'm not the weight I thought I was, but the good thing about all this (that kept me strong and not break down and cry) is that I have OMAD with me to melt these kg's away! Will have pictures later when the new phone charges. =)
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Kitty, I've been following your progress since you began. Even though you didn't have a true starting weight to compare to, I'm glad you haven't let the number on the scale discourage you. Please keep it up. I know it will work for you, and in another month, you'll see a great number on the scale. And in the meantime, you have all those delicious plates to look forward to! (I love the pictures you post of them.)
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Kitty, although the scale number didn't make you jump for joy, the NSV (which is the greater victory, imho) is the command you've kept over yourself and your feelings. You rock!!!
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    m49cck2dlqx4.jpg

potato grätan, pork,red wine sauce and salad + yogurt and one cookie 1130 calories....too high im not happy about it.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    What is your maintenance cal level? Was this a deficit? If it was, keep on going and you can shoot for larger deficits the next day. If it wasn't, was the whole week a deficit in calories? Keep at it and remember it is the accumulation of what you do over a long time.
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't know what my maintenance cal level is Blambo.... What I do know is that my calories have to be pretty low for me to lose weight. I try to aim for around 900-950 cals per meal.

When I joined MFP it took me over a month to work out that the calories I was recommended to eat was making me gain and not lose, so I just had to do the math myself, and experiment until I found the magic number.

No, this wasn't a deficit, I just know I need to cook more of my own food, I'm cheering up a bit now..takes a while but.

Tomorrow im planning on making my own Chinese jiaozi, with special chinese vinegar that goes with the jiaozi... I lived in Shanghai for 9 months a long time ago, and this meal will always be one of my faves. they are super low cal...so im looking forward to that. BIG TIME.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    I want to thank everyone who has followed me and supported me so far, It's hard to believe people are even following me, until recently I didn't even realize that I was so memorable to so many people in my life.

To be frank- I've always thought I wasn't even worth remembering.......... but that's a long story.

Tonight for some reason, I feel so internally angry but at the same time I refuse to give up what I've started, period.

I will fall back into rhythm tomorrow and everything will straighten out.
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Front view and side view.........ugh, lets hope 10kg later I look better hahahha These were taken last year, but I was the same weight as I am now.

ooizq5p4238a.jpg
    tq78qph96qcp.jpg
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful, and don't you dare forget it for even a nanosecond.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I don't know what my maintenance cal level is Blambo.... What I do know is that my calories have to be pretty low for me to lose weight. I try to aim for around 900-950 cals per meal.

When I joined MFP it took me over a month to work out that the calories I was recommended to eat was making me gain and not lose, so I just had to do the math myself, and experiment until I found the magic number.

No, this wasn't a deficit, I just know I need to cook more of my own food, I'm cheering up a bit now..takes a while but.

Tomorrow im planning on making my own Chinese jiaozi, with special chinese vinegar that goes with the jiaozi... I lived in Shanghai for 9 months a long time ago, and this meal will always be one of my faves. they are super low cal...so im looking forward to that. BIG TIME.

Sounds yummy. Don't be too hard on yourself. Just keep going!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Nice pics. And don't worry too much about calories; you are right where you need to be. Think about what you'd be getting if you were NOT conscious of what you are consuming.
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    mldt890mvv3h.jpg

Such a better day today, I'm full of sunshine and happiness again =) The jiaozi turned out amazing...they were insane. Good calorie day today, 953 cals, that included toffee yogurt and 2 havre kakor as well. (2 oat cookies)

Thankyou for everyone's reply....

Blambo, I agree, I got to stop being so hard on myself and beating myself up, its one of my bad habbits.

Joe- unfortunately I do have to worry about my calories... my body just won't budge if I don't have a special calorie deficit number, and right now that seems to be between 900 and 950. But I agree that I am right where I need to be.

...... I love my life =)

Thankyou Vro =) You are so kind...... =)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work Kitty. I love seeing your meals for a bit of inspiration :)
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Thankyou Craig! It's cool to know my meals inspire others!

I did a sneak weigh in this morning........112.6 ..... Go Baby!!! B)<3B)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I did a sneak weigh in this morning........112.6 ..... Go Baby!!! B)<3B)
    That's awesome!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Phenomenal! You are an inspiration.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Thankyou Nevad!! and thankyou Craig!! Your encouragement really fills my little soul with joy! :):)

egbgblulzfa2.jpg

Todays meal was Red thai curry with pineapple, rice, tzatziki and one tortillia bread, then 2 havre bamse cookies and a little piece of marabou bubbly chocolate and a cup of tea, white no sugar. Total cals today 862.

Really really happy today! Cause I lost weight, and I know the diet is working, and Im really enjoying the diet......
  • twicor
    twicor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You're rockin' Kitty, just keep on keepin' on!

If you want to keep an eye on your weight number, don't use multiple sets of scales. They will all read differently. Get an inexpensive digital scale, put it somewhere it won't get moved (even moving some scales an inch can change the readout 2 to 5 pounds), then just step on them once a week. Pick a day, set a time, and keep it consistent. It's not a perfect system but you're looking for the average trend to keep going down. Like Joe says, the weight will fluctuate a bit up and down, but the downward trend is what you are shooting for. Don't get discouraged if one or two points go above the trend, and remember, the more points you have the more accurate your trend.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Thankyou Nevad!! and thankyou Craig!! Your encouragement really fills my little soul with joy! :):)

egbgblulzfa2.jpg

Todays meal was Red thai curry with pineapple, rice, tzatziki and one tortillia bread, then 2 havre bamse cookies and a little piece of marabou bubbly chocolate and a cup of tea, white no sugar. Total cals today 862.

Really really happy today! Cause I lost weight, and I know the diet is working, and Im really enjoying the diet......

You make some great looking food! Congrats on your progress!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Super!

Another thing about using multiple scales...you can always take the average of the two scales and let that serve as the official weight. I'm about to do a video on the subject.