Kitty Gonzalez OMAD Becoming a Warrior

Options

Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, Kitty - this is awesome progress - physically AND mentally!!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    g494gr8fh7p7.jpg

Satay prawns with roasted onions and rice.....yum!! then 1 cup of tea with milk, one oat cookie and a small piece of marabou bubbly, total 905 cals...

today when I walked up the stairs to our apartment sharing the load of groceries with my husband, I noticed my body really enjoyed the workout!... crazy cool days!!!

THANKYOU to everyone for continuing to encourage me.....trust me, it helps a lot!!! :):):)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    My energy level has been MUCH better on this diet. I think a lot of it is due to not spiking my insulin and then having my blood sugar level crash as a result.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Although I felt better from the beginning just by skipping a morning meal, it wasn't until I pushed back "breakfast" to the evening that I realized that my usual afternoon slump was gone, and I also slept much better.
  • blambo61
    Options
    Nevadaden wrote: »
    Agreed. Although I felt better from the beginning just by skipping a morning meal, it wasn't until I pushed back "breakfast" to the evening that I realized that my usual afternoon slump was gone, and I also slept much better.

Same on all accounts
  • vrojapu
    Options
    The increased amounts of coffee/tea/ green tea are also helping me in this regard
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    kywp3f22aiy1.jpg

Craving burgers and fries today, so guess what I had......yup, burger and fries. Sensible helping of course, and healthy burger, just ketchup for dressing. After dinner was a cup of tea, one oat biscuit and a small piece of marabou bubbly chocolate. todays cals= 918. Felt lighter and more fitter today when I walked to the store......very cool to feel that.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Can't go wrong with that.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    Dinner looks tasty! What is marabou bubbly chocolate? (I live in Las Vegas. We don't have anything by that name.)
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    For some reason, I lost my pic of tonights dinner!, hahah never mind, it was rice with HEAPS of vegies and prawns.

Very cool story today to tell. When me and my husband where at the store today, he spotted a two pieces of cake in the fridge section and really wanted it. He asked me if I wanted it to, and I said yes, and then he asked me how many calories did I think the cake had, so I said around 250 maybe.

Then he said "Hey, lets have a dinner that doesn't have a lot of calories in it, so you can still have the cake and not feel bad"

what a guy! what a guy........ =) I said "your just amazing........did you know that?? wow!! " So we talked about rice, and potatoes and meat that has the least amount of calories etc...... I always knew I was married to the best guy in the world.....but this just blew me away. He totally rocks!!!!

Tomorrow is my second weigh in! Very excited!!!!!!!

Hey Neva! Marabou is a Swedish brand of chocolate (im in Sweden) Bubbly is one of their brands with bubbles in the block with caramel.......hard to explain, but very yumm xox
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's always great to have the support of your significant other. Here's to great men and the lucky women who get to marry them!
  • vrojapu
    Options
    That is one heartwarming story, Kitty, and you deserve a husband as sweet as him!
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks Lip and Vro........I can only agree!!

Well, my weigh in was awesome, the scales read 111.4 So that's a loss of 3kg...... very happy with that!

I forgot to add yesterdays calories =857

Today my body is REALLY calling for carbs, not sure if I'll bake some bread or have pasta......I'm leaning towards bread...... which is one of my vices and something I will love forever =)
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    So happy for you! I was hoping you would have good news today.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I think bread is good for us (in moderation!). I love it too. My wife makes homemade wheat bread every week! How long of a time for you to lose the 3kg? That is a good weight loss! Keep up the good work!
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    eb2zcvfrmm99.jpg

Thankyou guys!! I got lazy and bought a French stick instead today heheh... but it was still awesome. Had smoked turkey, tatziki, onion, tomato and lettuce, then after a cup of tea, one oat cookie and some marabou bubbly.

Also, woke up ALOT earlier than normal, only slept 7 hours, but my body was really nagging me to get out of bed, once out of bed I had a ton of energy, still do. Very good signs! Normally I can easily sleep 12 hours, and still feel like it's not enough.

Also, when my husband eats late at night now, I don't even care, I actually feel proud I don't want to join in with him, and stick to my OMAD. I used to feel jealous, deprived, angry....sad and frustrated... That's a big eye opener for me.

Also, when we walked to the shops today, I was able to actually keep up with my husband and walk the same pace as him, normally I walk behind him trying my best to keep up with a brave face.

I Lost my 3kg in a week Blambo ! Homemade bread is the best....;) ;)

Cals today= 882
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • blambo61
    Options
    That is a LOT for one week! Holy smokes!
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are doing awesome. Great job! You are an inspiration.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    As Hannibal from the A-team would say: "I love it when a plan comes together!"