Kitty Gonzalez OMAD Becoming a Warrior

Options

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yup, that is a lot for a week, but I have a lot of fat to lose.......=)

Thanks everyone!!! Pumped up and ready for another week..

Lol Joe, you gave me a good giggle out of that comment.

omg guess what???? Joe said that we were allowed a splurge once a while after the 2 week mark.....(if I quoted you wrong Joe- please tell me....)

Well, I decided last night I was going to have myself a little splurge, since I was going into my 4th week and havn't had a splurge yet.

I had yogurt with 3 cookies and then some popcorn (I made this huge bowl and couldn't even get through one forth of it). It was hardly splurging at all....it was, well - nothing!

Normally I can take down a whole bag of doritos, cakes, chocolate...pasta and meatballs......anything!!
    I went to the fridge and tasted samples of some of my past favourite foods like shrimp salad, and skägenröra, they all tasted too rich and horrible. I just didn't crave anything that I used to eat.

What the hell is wrong with me?? I asked myself last night, - I went to bed still confused and not knowing what it was.

This morning, I know what is wrong with me - the diet is changing me for the better. o:)<3

One more thing, and this is very important progress for me..

All my life the kitchen has been a warzone for me, I've always snuck into the kitchen and switched on the kettle.

Why did I switch on the kettle? Because it hides the noise of me opening the fridge, opening cupboards to find a morsel or a spoonful of something, anything to eat.
    It was an urge, like a user wanting cocain. It was that bad for me. I couldn't even wash dinner dishes without eating left over sauce from pots or eating left over food that was not served at dinner, it was a frenzy action I just HAD to do. It filled me with shame and self hatred, everytime
    but also joy because I could still sneak eat.

This has gone away. Sometimes a whisper of that frenzy comes to me, but now I simply say no and dismiss it, and go on with internal peace..........
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I, too, know that fear of the kitchen. And how wonderful it is to have some peace from (but still enjoyment of) food.

When I came back from the holidays, I had maintained my weight and even lost a pound or two. Remarkable for me, since the holidays are marked by food that is readily available all day long at work and at home, on tables and in the fridge and in the pantry. But I stayed with OMAD for the most part, and on the days that I deviated from that, I only lengthened the evening window for a few hours.

Unfortunately and inexplicably, when I came back from holiday I had a couple of back-to-back days that started out as splurge days but became binges. Not surprisingly -- whether water or food weight -- I gained five pounds. I was worried that seeing that number on the scale would turn my two splurge days into four or five or a week, and that five pounds would turn into ten; but I remembered, Kitty, how you had bravely reported to us all when you got your new scales and found you weighed more than you thought. And yet you didn't let it depress you into stopping -- you kept going on to phenomenal results.

And so I told myself to get back on OMAD for one day, then two...and sure enough, after the first day the food monster had retreated and by the second, it was gone. After five days back on OMAD the five pounds has disappeared and another one to boot.

I took some lessons from this: maintenance is still the most dangerous phase for me, but with OMAD, it can be done; even though a couple days of overeating can cause the scale to spike, it doesn't mean it is real gain (which we all know, but oh, it can be hard to remember that when you need to); and, happily, the stories and support here in this group can help one when things are tough.

Thank you, Kitty, Joe, and everyone else on this site -- I feel I know you! (Heather, I hope you're still giving it a try.)
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Another great day =) This morning I woke up but decided to still lay around in bed for an hour or two.....hahah oh the joys of being your own boss!!! I swear I was a cat in another life......

Dinner was an interesting subject for me and hubby as it always is. what are we having for dinner?
    We ended up discussing how many calories were in certain foods.. the numbers really astound my guy.
    Falukorv for instance has 260 cals for only 100 grams. A whole Falukorv is 1kg, and we used to eat half each! (500g)
    Well my husband can eat anything since he is very lithe, but I cant. So he dosent want to lose his eating buddy (me, hahha)
    So we decided on rice and teriyaki salmon, and he even went easy on the cooking oil today since I informed him it was 100% fat and basically 100% calories.

I eat a lot of tatziki, the reason why is because I think its very good for my stomach and acid reflux issues.

Dessert for me was one oat cookie and citron fromage and a cup of tea. I was in heaven. todays cals was 918

I love this group too Nev, I feel like I know everyone also, and our stories, struggles and support really help each other!!
    Thankyou for opening up and sharing your story with everyone, it really touched my heart. =)

99gpeiy3dpw9.jpg
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Nevadaden wrote: »
    I, too, know that fear of the kitchen. And how wonderful it is to have some peace from (but still enjoyment of) food.

When I came back from the holidays, I had maintained my weight and even lost a pound or two. Remarkable for me, since the holidays are marked by food that is readily available all day long at work and at home, on tables and in the fridge and in the pantry. But I stayed with OMAD for the most part, and on the days that I deviated from that, I only lengthened the evening window for a few hours.

Unfortunately and inexplicably, when I came back from holiday I had a couple of back-to-back days that started out as splurge days but became binges. Not surprisingly -- whether water or food weight -- I gained five pounds. I was worried that seeing that number on the scale would turn my two splurge days into four or five or a week, and that five pounds would turn into ten; but I remembered, Kitty, how you had bravely reported to us all when you got your new scales and found you weighed more than you thought. And yet you didn't let it depress you into stopping -- you kept going on to phenomenal results.

And so I told myself to get back on OMAD for one day, then two...and sure enough, after the first day the food monster had retreated and by the second, it was gone. After five days back on OMAD the five pounds has disappeared and another one to boot.

I took some lessons from this: maintenance is still the most dangerous phase for me, but with OMAD, it can be done; even though a couple days of overeating can cause the scale to spike, it doesn't mean it is real gain (which we all know, but oh, it can be hard to remember that when you need to); and, happily, the stories and support here in this group can help one when things are tough.

Thank you, Kitty, Joe, and everyone else on this site -- I feel I know you! (Heather, I hope you're still giving it a try.)

I don't worry about an occasional splurge day, especially a holiday. My experience has been the same as yours. I've had 3 or 4 instances like that where I will gain 2-3 lbs over a day or two but back to the diet for three days and it is gone with usually one more gone! I don't think the body can turn a splurge day to all fat and it is just water and food weight. If we have a splurge day, we need to remember this and not get discourage and just get back at it and it will be good in a couple of days. It is what we do overall that matters most! You had two bad days but you still had a good week which is more important than the two bad days! Way to keep with it!
  • ruby_emrald
    ruby_emrald Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi how truly inspired I am and i look forward to being part of this group.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Kitty and Nevadaden, your posts were eye openers for me. I had absolutely no idea that food could be such a monster. Very sobering posts to read, and I am in awe of you both for conquering the food demons on a regular basis.
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello Rube =) (huggles) I'm so glad your apart of our group now, I look forward to following your progress girl!

Thankyou Vro, it's not easy to open up about the shameful things food makes us do.... but it feels even better to conquer them everyday.

Todays insane meal was - red curry with veges and pork with good ole rice. Made by husband of course! Killer
    dish, loved every bite of it. Dessert was an oat cookie, some marabou bubbly and a cup of tea. Total cals=951
    q8n8h3ed4ed2.jpg
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Oh I love teriyaki!

But yep, another benefit of the splurge day is realizing you don't always need it and don't enjoy feeling how you did (with the way you used to eat). It's funny how powerful psychological revelations can be to show you your own progress.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Last night was real hell!!! My body was screaming for fries and a burger from around 10pm, And then my body decided just to scream in general.... this is the longest time I've stuck to a diet in over 10 years, go figure my body wants to know what the hell is going on. I could feel the toxins in my fat being released (makes me feel sick) and then my husband had a pizza... LOL but I kept my strong grip and told myself I would eat a burger and fries.... but just not today. And I would feel a lot better tomorrow.

So today - I had my burger and fries, I added a lot more fries today I ate around 60 I think. But there was quite a few left on the plate. It was heaven.

So burgers and fries with coke light followed by a cup of tea, one oat cookie and a piece of marabou bubbly
    total cals=1056

I agree with everything you said Joe!

7lrcs9qj5lq5.jpg
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Thanks Foote!! I felt "incredible hulk" mentally strong this morning hahah!!!
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Stay strong, sistah!!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    vrojapu wrote: »
    Stay strong, sistah!!

hahha will do Vro!! o:)
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    That looks tasty! Good job, Kitty.
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks Nev! wait till you see tonights din dins!! TONS of veges in a stew with pork and rice.....yummers!!

Guess what everyone?? The feeling in my little pinky toe has returned!! wow, I'm becoming human again.......... :D
  • mittenswillet
    edited January 2016
    Options
    vjjl6tltbtfp.jpg

just another cool day =) cals = 887

Every week, if I am buying myself one item of makeup, lipstick, or eyeliner, etc. pretty cool insentive!
  • blambo61
    Options
    vjjl6tltbtfp.jpg

just another cool day =) cals = 887

Every week, if I am buying myself one item of makeup, lipstick, or eyeliner, etc. pretty cool insentive!

That looks awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Thanks Blambo!!

I meant to say, if I lose weight, that week I am allowing myself one item of makeup as an insentive =)
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Well, then, I hope your make kit grows and grows!! :)
  • blambo61
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Whoops I was posting about my omad meal, I moved it.