Linds OMAD thread

Options
Lipka1le
Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
So here I am, new year new me...

Sounds familiar to most of the people here I'm sure.

Well this year I'm serious. Not only do I need to do it for me and my health, I need to do it for my family. I need to get in shape so my little girl can grow up with an active healthy mom and so my husband will have a supportive, happy wife to share the years with.

While I would say that I have never really struggled with my weight I have tried different diets to try and fix "problem areas" that were really just insecurities in my head. These never really worked and some where along the line I came to terms with my body and accepted it. That was all fine and dandy until after I had my little bundle of joy. Pregnancy was fine and I was able to lose the 15lbs I gained within the first week of her being born. However, along with having a newborn, having a new more stressful job and having a husband that worked the complete opposite of what I worked, I started making unhealthy choices that were more based out of convience and getting me through my sleep deprived state( I.e fast food and lots of sugar loaded coffees and soda).

I hit the 170s and knew I had to do something. Last year on new year's day my husband and I started a weight loss program and we both did really good until vacation time came. Then after the vacation I kept on eating like I was on vacation and gained back all of the weight.

So here I am, new year new me. I've been lurking on this group for a little bit and OMAD is the plan for me. I am a restaurant manager and though I am around food 10+hrs a day I don't really think about eating it. The problem lays in when I get home, realize I haven't ate all day and then pig out like a crazy women til I go to bed.

As of Jan 1st I gave up the soda and surgar filled coffees and drinks I like, Jan 6th will be my first OMAD.

Starting weight 171.4
5'2"

Thanks for reading,
Linds

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linds and best of luck :)
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Welcome Linds! This year is my serious year too! Sounds like your going to do great! :)
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Day 1...

Above I mentioned that usually I don't eat at work, well today everything sounded good and looked good. I know I probably just psyched myself out thinking about the diet and the inability to eat whenever. I held strong and got through the day. I did have a little bit of a headache but it was a stressful day (lots of call offs and short staffed) and I tend to get those often.

On to the good part, DINNER :p
    Had spaghetti with semi homemade meat sauce, 2garlic toast and a side salad. This delicious meal put me in around 1450 cals. Its a deficit and with all of that yummy pasta in my belly I will take it.

So overall day 1 wasn't too bad. Looking forward to what day 2 will bring.

Have a great night everyone.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    I'm so glad you had a successful first day! On to the next....
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Day 2...

I had the best sleep I have had in a very long time last night. Don't know if its related but it makes me super happy!

Got through the fasting part great today, didn't even notice any discomforts. For dinner had home made pizza with salad and some chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Total cals around 1200. Here's hoping tomorrow will be a great day as well.

Have a good night all!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I've also been sleeping better on OMAD. A colleague of mine who has lost 29# on OMAD hates the word "fast" so he keeps telling everyone who asks about his weight loss that he eats all he wants to but just once a day - which is true. He says not thinking of it as fasting but rather indulging himself once a day every single day is what helps him stay on OMAD.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Sounds like your taking to this like a fish to water ....... really great to hear to your doing so well Lip, keep it up girl =) Your dinners sound amazing btw!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Day 3...

Didn't sleep as well last night but I'm used to that.

The day went great again! Had tacos with rice and beans for dinner and chocolate covered macadamia nuts for dessert. Love this diet, who else can eat taco, pizza, spaghetti and lose weight?

I did weight myself today cause its been a week since I cut out pop and started watching what I eat. I know I've only been on OMAD for 3 days but I wanted to see the progress from Jan 1st. Well drumroll please... Down 6 lbs!

• Nevadaden
    Options
    Congratulations! Good job.
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    dam! good weight loss! I bet your loving that Lipka!!

And yeah, this diet really rocks...... =)
  • brod405
    brod405 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't know you Kittygonzalez but I just love you. You're so positive and sweet.
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    brod405 wrote: »
    I don't know you Kittygonzalez but I just love you. You're so positive and sweet.

Kitty you are very positive. It is one of my other resolutions this year to be more positive. Maybe I'll learn a thing or two from you! I do love your thread by the way, I said it before but truly you are a inspiration!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Day 4...

So today was hard. I made the mistake of having my first coffee since the first of the year. I was smart and only used one cream and splenda but that started the tummy a rumbling and grumbling. After that I was feeling a little sick to my stomach having only coffee with no food to soak it up. I also sat in the office all day working on scheduling so I didn't have much to keep my mind elsewhere. I didn't cave in but wanted to when the other managers came into the office with big slices of our new cheesecake.

Dinner was ham, corn, loaded mashed potatoes and some chocolate. I stuffed myself cause the calories weren't that much and I felt like I needed to eat more to get through tomorrow ( busiest day of the week at work). I probably ate too much but still came in at a deficit, just not a happy tummy.

My biggest challenge yet to come is Mon and Tues. Those are my days off work and with a big storm heading our way I'm afraid I'll just sit at home and be temped to eat out of boredom.

I
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    That's a great loss Linds! :)

I normally drink 2-3 cups of black coffee throughout the day but also, around a gallon of water too. The water helps stave off any food cravings (and also burns of a few extra calories with the multiple trips to the bathroom ;) )
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    You deserve a medal for avoiding that cheesecake Lipka! As for your days off, watch a movie at home, spend an hour and put on makeup, do anything to keep your mind occupied...its what I do, and it works. I drink a lot of diet soda to keep my tummy full and occupied until dinner... Thankyou for saying I'm positive. =) Rather be laughing than crying right? <3
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    You have a drumroll, and then some more, Linds!! The 6# down is great by itself, but to be able to avoid cheesecake - now that is terrific mental strength. I always say that I don't mind not having "will power" just as long as I continue to have tons of "won't power"!
  • Lipka1le
    Options
    Day 5...

Another great day. I almost feel like I'm cheating cause I sit down to a wonderful plate full of food every night. I get to eat it all and even enjoy a dessert with it.
  • Nevadaden
    Options
    Same here! I had pizza, salad, wine, and a brownie for dessert. I had no trouble waiting to eat, because I knew what was...waiting for me. And, I have coffee and cream to look forward to in the morning. I know opinions differ on this--and I did my share of Googling on the topic when I started with intermittent fasting --but I find that coffee with real cream does not start up my appetite, yet it does satisfy my need for a beverage in the morning in a way that black coffee does not. Also, heavy cream is better than half and half. Everyone is different, of course. Have you been able to enjoy coffee without the stomach rumbling, Linds?
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    Day 5 already........where does the time go?? =)