Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Linds OMAD thread

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    I think it's a good idea. Get that mind/body connection and it does help.
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Had a moment of weakness last night. I couldn't sleep(as usual). Instead of staying in bed like a good girl, I made my way to the kitchen where the oreos were waiting for me. I ate 6 and a glass of milk. But way below calories after dinner today to try and cover some of the difference.
  • arguablysamson
    Nice. Keep on moving.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Thankyou for being so honest about that Linds...... we are only human afterall, aren't we?
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I wouldn't worry about it. One day doesn't make or break you in these matters. Just keep on pressing on.
  • Lipka1le
    Hopefully everyone has great weight loss. Have a great night!
  • Lipka1le
    155.7 down 1.6 lbs for the week. Down 15.5 lbs since Jan 1. Only 20 more to go.
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Well done, Linds!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    That's great Linds....well done!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    awesome Linds! well done!
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Yay!!!
  • PowerBlackout77
    PowerBlackout77 Posts: 43 Member
    Fantastic! :D
  • blambo61
    You are really doing well!
  • Lipka1le
    Thank you all! Got a gym membership today and will start my workouts tomorrow. I'm excited.
  • Lipka1le
    Due to my work schedule some of my workouts will be 23-24 hours into my fast. Is there anything I should be snacking on before my workouts to ward off any lightheadedness or ill effects from high energy output without fuel?
  • arguablysamson
    Lipka1le wrote: »
    Due to my work schedule some of my workouts will be 23-24 hours into my fast. Is there anything I should be snacking on before my workouts to ward off any lightheadedness or ill effects from high energy output without fuel?

Well, as I recall, you don't have that much left to lose, correct? If you are aiming to lose more than 20 lbs still, I'd do nothing more than walking, as I've stated elsewhere, but if you want/need to begin any workout regimen, you are going to need to jack up the calories to around close to maintenance level (maybe 200 under and no more - so track calories extra carefully), and also be getting LOTS of potassium and magnesium.

On workout days, my foods of choice include 3-5 bananas, an apple, and either black or blueberries (about 1 or 1 1/2 cup) and white or northern beans help tremendously. I consider these ESSENTIAL because they contain loads of the aforementioned nutrients to guarantee I'll have a smashingly good workout. Otherwise, I lack energy and cramp easily. It's easy to lack nutrients on OMAD if you don't make sure a lot of your portions have high nutrients because once you leave Low-activity-ville, your body will be handling a load that will be felt if you don't supply it with what it needs. Bringing in workouts takes you to the next level, so be prepared to spend more time with meal preparation and food selection. The fun thing is you can eat more1

I've gotta run. Will share more later.
  • arguablysamson
    As a post-workout beverage, cranberry juice works fine and it's lower in sugar (count that with daily cals). Me, I still sometimes do just water unless it's a sheer murder workout.
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le wrote: »

Well, as I recall, you don't have that much left to lose, correct? If you are aiming to lose more than 20 lbs still, I'd do nothing more than walking, as I've stated elsewhere, but if you want/need to begin any workout regimen, you are going to need to jack up the calories to around close to maintenance level (maybe 200 under and no more - so track calories extra carefully), and also be getting LOTS of potassium and magnesium.

On workout days, my foods of choice include 3-5 bananas, an apple, and either black or blueberries (about 1 or 1 1/2 cup) and white or northern beans help tremendously. I consider these ESSENTIAL because they contain loads of the aforementioned nutrients to guarantee I'll have a smashingly good workout. Otherwise, I lack energy and cramp easily. It's easy to lack nutrients on OMAD if you don't make sure a lot of your portions have high nutrients because once you leave Low-activity-ville, your body will be handling a load that will be felt if you don't supply it with what it needs. Bringing in workouts takes you to the next level, so be prepared to spend more time with meal preparation and food selection. The fun thing is you can eat more1

I've gotta run. Will share more later.

Just 20 more lbs to go. Thanks for the tips. I love cranberry juice. After my workout I went to the store and got some healthy foods to add to the diet.
  • Lipka1le
    First day at the gym and not to bad. I did 55 mins of cardio and felt great. 35 of that was day 1 of c25k (thanks for the inspiration Sam)on the treadmill and 20 on the elliptical. I wanted to kinda scope out the environment and get my bearings so I didn't do any weights today.

On other note, dinner tonight was spaghetti. I had a small portion and didn't eat very many calories at all so after my workout I munched on a berry and pecan spring mix salad. I finally took a pic of my food and now I can't figure out how to post it.

I'm on my phone, how do I post a pic? Or do I need to be on my laptop to do that?
  • blambo61
    There is a button above where I'm typing this in. click on it and it will give you another button to download the pic. Use your phone to log into myfitness pal and then go to where you make the post and look above for the button.