Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Linds OMAD thread

Replies

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    edited February 2016
    I have a digital scale, I just try to weigh myself in the same place each time I take it out. If I'm not sure if the reading is right, I start moving it around the room, if it shows the same result each time, then I know its accurate (it normally shows the same reading in different places in the room)

Funny story about digital scales.

Last year started a diet and lost 4kg in the first week.
    I jumped on the scales to see the 4kg loss. Really? .... nah. moved the scales to another position several times... it still kept telling me the same thing.

finally took it into the kitchen instead, still 4kg loss........Really? - what the hell, has to be right, (after about 10 different positions lol)
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    I moved it to 4 different spots and went with the number igot 3out of 4 times (which was the number I wanted anyway)

What sparked my interest was my husband talking about weighing himself and getting varying results depending on how close the scale was to the dryer. Our master bath creates a u shape and opens to the utility room on one side.

I grab some new batteries for it.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Lipka1le wrote: »
    Does anyone else have a problem with their scale not reading the same depending on where it is placed?

I did a mid week weight and my scale showed a huge number which I knew wasn't right cause I've been sticking to my calories and fasting, so out of curiosity I moved it to another place and it showed a 4lbs difference. It's a digital scale that we keep in the closet when its not in use. It's not too old bought it less than a year ago.

Any ideas?

My scale reads different depending where I place myself. All weight on the left foot is about 9 lbs different than all weight on the right foot. Both feet on the scale and it is somewhere in-between. I have an analog scale. I now stand all weight, or close to it, on the right foot so I'm not cheating and I have verified that when I do that it gives a correct, or close to correct, reading.
  • Lipka1le
    Pork chop rice and salad today. I've been increasing my water intake the last couple days and I'm feeling pretty good.

I've been looking at some of the success stories on mfp and they have really given me some motivation. Sometimes its hard to see the progress you have made and sometimes it seems as if it isn't coming fast enough, but knowing that others have been through the process helps.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Low batteries and movement can totally give wacky scale readings. I know that all too well. At a year's mark, it's best to just go ahead and replace them and be done with it.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    There was something on UK TV the other day about this. They tried it on a hard surface and thick carpet. The difference was something like 10 lbs!!.

The recommended always measuring with the same scales on the same hard surface.
  • Lipka1le
    Sloppy joes, Mac and cheese with homemade banana cream pie tonight for dinner. Yummy, yum!

Feeling light on my feet and ready to kick butt!
  • arguablysamson
    I just had two chicken breasts, green beans, and a can of chili tonight. Not good, but I'm super-busy at work, so it actually works out for me.
  • Lipka1le
    Here's hoping everyone has great progress on the scale tomorrow. My nsv this week is I am feeling lighter on my feet and I'm seeing some progress in the mirror. I also wore a shirt today that was pretty tight previously; so yay me!
  • blambo61
    I just had two chicken breasts, green beans, and a can of chili tonight. Not good, but I'm super-busy at work, so it actually works out for me.

Sounds good to me!
  • Lipka1le
    157.3 today for a loss of 1.2 lbs. -14 lbs in 5 weeks.

Good day, down in weight plus I passed my surprise audit at work. One of the top scores for over 530 restaurants; I'll take it. Glad to see everyone else having a good day scale wise.

• craignev
    :)
  • craignev
    That's great Linds.....well done!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    congrats on another successful week Linds!! :)
  • blambo61
    You are doing really good! Congrats
  • Lipka1le
    It's funny how old habits die hard. In the past whenever I was happy, sad, angry... I always turned to food. Yesterday after my audit I was so excited all I wanted to do was celebrate (celebrate with ice cream and cake and you name it). I stopped myself from rewarding with food throughout the day. I ate about half of my dinner and went to get some froyo with the husband.
    Today was a not so great day; short staffed, company announced lay offs and some other things led my day in a awful direction. Once again I wanted/ needed some comfort, especially from the food department. I held strong got through it and succeeded. I may always crave food for emotional support but at least I feel like I can control that craving a little better now.
  • arguablysamson
    People overeat for two reasons:

1) To take back power.
    2) To celebrate.

Both can be consuming. Keep in control and you're golden!
  • Lipka1le
    Spent a good part of the day making valentines treats for my daughter to give to grandparents. We did molded chocolate hearts and chocolate covered oreos. Only had half of a heart and a Oreo (neither really tasted that great to me). My taste must be changing cause I use to be able to eat a whole bag of oreos by myself in one setting.

Dinner was meatballs with mash potatoes.
  • arguablysamson
    Yep. The stomach will gradually downsize and it will get harder to tank up. I cant nearly eat what big Joe used to could!
  • Lipka1le
    Fish and chips tonight for dinner.

I'm itching to do some exercise and have been for a couple of weeks. Being within 20 lbs of my goal the exercise shouldn't mess with my weight loss as much as it would for someone who is needing to lose more if I remember AS post correctly. I think it will also help with my seasonal depression a bit as well.