Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Linds OMAD thread

Replies

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Exercise will boost moods for sure. I feel totally alive when I'm pumping iron or passing that 1-mile marker!
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    I feel like it's been forever since posting here.

Three days of no power due to snow storm. Because of that we've been eating out and the menu has been very carb heavy (and I haven't been keeping track of calories like I normally do). According to the scale this week I gained 1/2 a pound which I would like to think is all water weight due to the bloating I felt this morning.

Oh well, I know I slacked this last week (and I had a big loss last week) so I'm not going to worry about it. Back on the wagon I go. Here's to next week and the loss that will come with it.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • arguablysamson
    Lipka1le wrote: »

Three days of no power due to snow storm. Because of that we've been eating out and the menu has been very carb heavy (and I haven't been keeping track of calories like I normally do). According to the scale this week I gained 1/2 a pound which I would like to think is all water weight due to the bloating I felt this morning.

Oh well, I know I slacked this last week (and I had a big loss last week) so I'm not going to worry about it. Back on the wagon I go. Here's to next week and the loss that will come with it.

That must be awful!

You are very active. I'm sure it's water weight.

Good to see ya back.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    wow, no power sucks, been there myself. Sorry to hear about the half pound, but it's probably water weight, like you said.
    Gonna be cheering for you all next week ! =)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member

Good attitude, just get back at it!
  • arguablysamson
    ...what everyone else has said. You're fine.
  • Lipka1le
    35 mins on the treadmill today doing the c25k program. Dinner was chicken with broccoli and mashed potatoes.
  • blambo61
    Good work! I just did an easy walk today.
  • Lipka1le
    Sirloin with sweet potatoes and salad today.

Another bad storm is suppose to be coming our way in the next 2days or so. Hopefully the power stays on but I'm not holding my breath. We have a generator but it can only power certain things. Being out in the country everything is electric including our well pump.

Going to the gym tomorrow to get in some exercise before being snowed in.
  • PowerBlackout77
    PowerBlackout77 Posts: 43 Member
    Sirloin with sweet potatoes and salad today.

Another bad storm is suppose to be coming our way in the next 2days or so. Hopefully the power stays on but I'm not holding my breath. We have a generator but it can only power certain things. Being out in the country everything is electric including our well pump.

Going to the gym tomorrow to get in some exercise before being snowed in.

Stay safe!

• Lipka1le
    Recap for the month of Feb...
    Started month at 158.5, this morning I was at 152.3 meaning a 6.2 lbs loss for the month (goal was to lose 6lbs!) Also had a goal to add exercise 1-2 times a week and I average 2 times a week( good since I really didn't start til halfway into the month.)

Since the 1st of the year I have loss 19 lbs.

Goal for March is to lose 5 lbs and average 3 days a week at the gym.

Have a great week everyone!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    good job, Linds!
  • blambo61
    edited March 2016
    That is really good progress, congrats! Good goals too!
  • Lipka1le
    Meatballs with a rice, peas, carrots and corn mixture for dinner. Only did 35 mins at the gym today.

A couple of nsv this week, fitting into a size smaller work pant and buying a sports bra in a smaller band size. Can't beat that!
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Very nice work, ma'am!
  • Lipka1le
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Meal sounds like a hearty, home cooked classic. 3 NSVs in one week! Unbeatable indeed.

Are you snowed in right now?

Not right now but the snow has been falling all night, not suppose to get really bad until later today. Ugh I hate snow.
  • arguablysamson
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Meal sounds like a hearty, home cooked classic. 3 NSVs in one week! Unbeatable indeed.

Are you snowed in right now?

Not right now but the snow has been falling all night, not suppose to get really bad until later today. Ugh I hate snow.

48 degrees tonight, clear and calm. Eat your heart out!
  • Missbricker
    Missbricker Posts: 29 Member
    Your weight loss is so encouraging. I need to start some type of exercise. I'm sure that helps speed the weight loss process. Do you find it hard while fasting?
  • Lipka1le
    Your weight loss is so encouraging. I need to start some type of exercise. I'm sure that helps speed the weight loss process. Do you find it hard while fasting?

It really depends on how far into my fast I am. 12-20 hrs and I do fine. The closer I get to meal time, the less energy I have and going too fast at a workout ( treadmil, arc trainer, ellipical...)will cause some minor cramps in my side. At that point I decrease the speed and go at it at a lower speed. I'm sure every body handles it differently, Give it a try and see.
  • arguablysamson
    edited March 2016

For now, just walking is plenty. Go VERY easy on that for the fastest losses. Some who are closer to their goals can up their calories and bring in exercise, but while at a sustained deficit for bigger loses, very little exercise. Of course, it depends on how far you have to go.