Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Linds OMAD thread

Replies

• Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Well, fell off the wagon bad. But got back on again today. This weekend has been a rough one. Not feeling well and numerous deaths on both my and my husband's side of the family this weekend took its toll and true to my old self I fell into emotional eating. But that is now in the past and I'm looking forward to having a great rest of the week. Hopefully I didn't gain too much during the weekend so on Friday I'll be looking to be at the same weight, 159.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Sorry for your loss :( Well done for getting back on the horse so soon, you're amazing!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Sorry for you loss Linds.....and your honesty about falling off the band wagon, it's good to see though you have the strength to get back on the horse!.... stay strong!
  • Lipka1le
    Chicken Alfredo with veggies and bread sticks tonight for dinner. I did get on the scale today to see what the damage from the weekend was and it showed I was down half a pound. So maybe I wasn't as bad as I thought. Friday is weight in so we will see.

Have a great night everyone.
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    So sorry for your family's loss, Linds, and so happy for your weight loss
  • Lipka1le
    Down half a pound which is better than nothing. 13 pounds down since the first of the year. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    good stuff kiddo!! keep it up!!!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    13 pounds is a lot since the first of the year!
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Hey, that's about double mine! Very nice!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    13 is a lot!
  • Lipka1le
    Thanks everyone! Tomorrow is my husband's birthday so maybe I'll reward myself with a slice of cake to go along with the nacho layer dip he requested for dinner.

When to Mongolian BBQ tonight and I was very disappointed. Service was bad, food ordered from kitchen was cold and overall it was a poor experience. I'm getting to dislike eating out (which use to be fun for me) so hopefully that is the beginning of my lifestyle change. Have a great Sunday and a weight loss filled week!
  • Lipka1le
    Progress for the month...
    Started at 171.2, ending at 158.5.
    Down 13lbs since 1st of the year. Only 23lbs to go to goal weight.

Goal for February is to lose 6lbs (152.5) by continuance of omad. I will also add in some light exercise 1-2 times a week .
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Nice! You are doing super-fab!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    That's great progress Linds....well done! :)
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Terrific, Linds!!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Way to go!
  • Lipka1le
    Thank you everyone. Tonight had homemade personal pizza and finished off my husband's birthday cake. The weather has been pretty good lately(40-45 degrees in the middle of winter) so we all took a small walk after dinner. Not too far as it was very muddy and the daughter was stomping in the mud puddles, but it was still nice to get out of the house in the dead of winter.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Mmmm I have had pizza these last several days, dipped in extra virgin olive oil!
  • Lipka1le
    Does anyone else have a problem with their scale not reading the same depending on where it is placed?

I did a mid week weight and my scale showed a huge number which I knew wasn't right cause I've been sticking to my calories and fasting, so out of curiosity I moved it to another place and it showed a 4lbs difference. It's a digital scale that we keep in the closet when its not in use. It's not too old bought it less than a year ago.

Any ideas?
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    As the batteries start to die, there can be swings. It happened with mine. There are lots of variables concerning placement and number of sensors, type of sensor, substrate hardness, foot position, all kinds of craziness. When you are as big as I am, it's worse. All electronic operations have a margin of error expressed as a percentage. Stack a few of those margins the wrong way and multiply that by 300+ pounds and you can see such a swing. That may not be as much of a factor at your weight.

Change the batteries, stand in the same position, and swing by your doctor's office for a free weigh-in to confirm the reading.