OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

TT: What are some of your go-to breakfast meals?

• KarlaLM58
    Options
    TT: One of my quick breakfast meals is a 45 cal Whole Grain bread, with 1.5 tbsp of natural Peanut Butter on it toasted, with 1/4 of a banana cut in circles on top. it's 216 calories, 32 carbs (to get you going) 7 of fiber and 11 of protein.

I have to go to the DMV today as my driver's license expires this week!!

Karla
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies.

TT: One of my quick breakfast meals is an apple with natural peanut butter. It's 310 calories 35 Carbs 16 Fat 8 Proteins 52 sodium 25 sugar

Karla, I'm going to try your breakfast tomorrow. That sounds very good. I never think of bananas and peanut butter when I'm making breakfast.

I got a good night's sleep (for me anyway, I'm a tosser and turner). It's very sunny today and is to get up into the 40's today. Looking forward to that. I'm meeting my students this afternoon, so I'm glad the weather is going to be good for driving/walking on campus. Have a great day everyone.

Bert
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Karla - we will arrive late evening on Monday, February 8 and will head home Friday, February 12. So we'll be there Tuesday - Thursday. I anticipate Tuesday will be all day Mardi Gras stuff. The Athena parade is the first one that morning and then the ball that evening. Probably a late start on Wednesday with the late night and hangover from Tuesday's festivities.

TT - my absolute favorite is Dannon Light and Fit Greek yogurt over fresh fruit of some kind with 1 or 2 tbsp low fat granola sprinkled on top along with a glass of skim milk. That really gives me a good protein boost and keeps me satisfied all morning. Another go to is oatmeal with fruit and milk. Very filling and satisfying.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,
    Mary Lynn, you certainly have a lovely way of turning a phrase and so kind to all of us. I will post a pick of the invites once I get a final copy done. They are very plain but I am hoping she will want the addition of the flower stamped in a few places

Suzi, always nice to have you stop by, there are just some days that there aren't enough hours, so it is nice just to have you say hi.

Bert, hope your pain pill and good sleep keep you going through your day.

TT: I pretty much stick with my omelet. Never get tired of it and it is the one thing that seems to really hold me for hours. If I don't have an omelet I usually have an egg sandwich, lol. Creature of habit or plain lazy and uninspired first thing in the morning? It could be either one depending on the day. I have tried oatmeal, I don't hate it but it just does nothing for me. I decided a long time ago, I will only eat food I enjoy and I don't seem to enjoy oatmeal. My Dad ate oatmeal almost every morning for the past 10 years of his life, I don't think he particularly loved it but with his heart disease, diabetes and kidney failure there were few options. He was a lover of food and was reduced to so few options, the kidney failure was the most limiting. So maybe my attitude was shaped because I worry that some day there will be foods that will be off limits, so I better eat them now. Just some morning ruminations.

I hit my mini goal again yesterday. Amazing what a little cheese will do to up the calories. I have also switched to the Oikos Triple Zero, not sure I like it better but like that it has less of the bad stuff in it. It is a bit bland and smooth. So I have been adding fruit and chopped pecans to punch it up a bit. Off to the gym here in a few for circuit/pilates and then TRX tonight. Going to make the Jalapeno/Pineapple chicken bites for dinner with some fresh green beans. I always get excited when the grocery has good looking beans this time of year, it is rare though. I am rediscovering my love of kiwis, they are so good for us with lots of vitamin C and fiber. Getting so excited to go to NC for the Superbowl. Edd has known this friend for over 50 years. They are so much fun and hate that they live so far away. We don't get to see them nearly enough. They always treat us like royalty when we are there. One of the best things is we will be coming home with fresh eggs. He has become a chicken farmer in the past 2 years. Just build the cutest chicken coupe, a little blue house complete with shutters and window boxes filled with flowers. He ever put 20 year dimensional shingles on it, lol. I love farm fresh eggs, but they have to be fried over easy so I can really enjoy the buttery yolk, you just can't get that flavor from the grocery. Good thing I already ate breakfast or would be making myself hungry right now, lol. Better get going but I will stop by later.

Patti
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hello all, Just checking in :)

TT: i eat really weird food, according to my husband. especially at breakfast, but.... here goes: 1 Tbs chia seeds, 1 Tbs oat bran, 1 Tbs unsweetened coconut flakes, 1 tbs Jif powdered peanut butter, 1/4ish cup of unsweetened almond milk. i nuke it, eat it, and try to resist all the foods everyone else is eating. this morning, part of my kid's toast hopped into my mouth.

side note: one of my favorite snacks is Oikos triple zero with a Tbs of chia seeds stirred in!

Patti- YES about the calories in cheese. i LOVE cheese. i've given it up in the past, but i always come back to it! :smile: congrats on meeting the mini goal :) I have to take today off exercise, but i'll get back to it tomorrow. oooooh, a trip to NC and fresh eggs! yay! i agree, they taste so much better. i keep teasing Dennis that if we move, i want chickens at the next place, LOL (i utterly hate moving because i'm a packrat)

Bert- glad to hear you slept well (for you). so did I, even with the snoring. ;) please don't overdo the walking on campus today!

Karla- good luck at DMV. ours here has recently started taking appointments you can schedule online. Dennis got to skip to the front of the line last time he went!

I have eaten WAY more calories than usual for me at lunch today. that, coupled with a non-exercise day means i'll have to be "good" for the rest of the day! i have a turkey tenderloin in the crock pot for dinner, and it already smells so good.....

waving hello to the rest of you faithful exercisers and pound losers.... i've seen "you" on my news thread!
    Myra
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies-
    very quick check in. I rode my stationary bike yesterday for 30 minutes- another NSV for me this week-
    Patti- the black bean burgers are from skinny taste i double the recipe and use a 1/3 or 1/2 measuring cup to make the burgers then use a spoon to shape them to the exact size you;d like. Had one for dinner last night but I didn't buy avocado and missed it. Feel free to post to our recipe site. I just don't have time at the moment.
    To everyone I don't have time for personals at the moment but your kind thoughtful and encouraging words mean more than you know. Thank you....
    I will get back to being chatting Me soon- I hope
    BTW- I finished the book so it is off to a beta reader for consistency before the copy editor. I am making progress. For those of you new to the saga I write romance novels- if you're interested check out my website at lucinda dot race dot com- no pressure just bringing you into the loop.
    Talk to you all soon- hugs for all
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    I love the Oikos triple zero. I switched over to it several weeks ago. I, too, add granola or fruit or both to it. I have chia seeds at home and will start adding them!

Cindy- I have the recipe from you and will add it if I can home before you.

Myra- thanks for the reminder on the chia seeds. I have a huge bottle in my pantry.

Patti- glad you made your mini goal. Have fun in NC.

Janet- are you behaving? Lol Get your car looked at? You know I love you!!

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Karla, I took the bit of packing out Tuesday night. Driving isn't a problem - the joint itself isn't part of the scar. Only one pain pill today - yay! Hoped to go without but the pain means it's healing!

Took car in and they tightened lines and cleaned, tightened cap & gasket. Was only $65. Not fun expense but glad it wasn't more. Went to a local breakfast place and had half an omelet with many veggies and a touch of cream cheese, plus the splurge of sourdough toast. Had tomatoes & fruit in place of potatoes or grits. Worth the calories. A light dinner will keep me within limits for the day.

Because eating anything, no matter how virtuous, makes me very hungry (my body is weird), breakfast for me is usually a Light & Fit yogurt and fruit.

Must go now - sorry no personals today but I have read all. I am not a gardener at all - born with two brown thumbs!
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello all.
    TT: I alternate between two breakfasts. I either eat a Dannon light & Fit Greek fruit yogurt with 2 Tbsp granola and a cheese stick, or I have an egg mug (two egg's worth of egg beaters, frozen peppers and onions, either a wedge of Laughing Cow lite or a Tbsp of shredded cheddar). I always have fruit with breakfast - whatever I have on hand (banana, pineapple, berries, clementines, grapes). I despise oatmeal and all other hot cereals - for me it is a texture thing. I don't care for cold cereal with milk either. If I'm splurging I'll have a real omelet, with sauteed veggies. But my two mainstays are easy to take to work and fix there. I'm more likely to have yogurt in the summer and egg mug in the winter, but not always.

I HAVE to have breakfast - I get very cranky otherwise. Oh, and I have to have my Diet Coke with breakfast too - my guys know not to approach me in the morning unless I've got a DC in hand :).

I've tried the Oikos triple zero and don't care for it - it has a chalky taste to me.

Today was another long and stressful day at work. We headed to work at our normal time, then heard the federal government was on a 3 hour delayed arrival. That means the gym isn't open, so we had to turn around so I could shower and change! So no workout today. I don't like waiting on these delay days, because the traffic just gets worse as the morning goes on. So I was actually at work 30 minutes EARLY compared to my normal post-workout arrival time. Other people who delayed said it took them 2.5 hours for their morning commute which normally only takes 30 minutes. I haven't been in the office for over a week and a half, so was extremely busy trying to catch up.

I'm going to track everything today, but I'm already over my calories without dinner, and I'm going to have dinner. And no exercise today - after a day at the office like this I'm just too wiped out for anything but fixing dinner and a little screen time.
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    No energy for a lot of personals tonight, but I wanted to weigh in on gardening. I love to garden, and in our first house had a huge vegetable garden and a beautiful yard - we won our neighborhood "Yard of the Month" several times. But the house we've been in for the last 23 years is in a wooded area. We've tried growing vegetables and have finally given up except for in a few pots on the deck. We try on the yard but it just won't cooperate.

With that said, I do have a ton of daffodils, of various varieties. Many of them sprouted in the unusually warm spell over the holidays, and are now buried in mounds of snow.

One objective for a retirement home - enough sun to have a nice garden!
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Hey ladies and Happy Mardi Gras!! We are in full blown Boom! Boom!

dye07syu88cx.jpg
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Diane - I do not miss those days of returning to a busy position after being out of town. It was nothing for me to have over 300 or or emails after being gone for just a few days when I managed the 13 floor hospital's billing. The IT dept actually came to my office one day and told me I was the 4th highest person in the 2300 employee hospital for memory size of their email. LOL. Now my business travels with me and I can do a few small things while I am on vacation that help so much about getting back, plus, the customers don't suffer. Do you know anything about the Austal company here that is building many Naval ships? It has some huge contracts with the Navy.

Janet- Glad to hear you had a nice breakfast out!! Good for your healing, which, sounds like it is progressing along.

I am behind on my steps today, only at 7k, so I better start skipping around the home site. Dr. B gave everyone a HUGE King Cake today. You know, the kind with the naked baby baked into it. Lord give me strength!!!

Here's another pic for your enjoyment,

r4ew2h6rflgc.jpg
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Bert- to post a picture you just click the little black paper with the corner folded back and then hit choose files and it will open your computer files. You can look for the folder "pictures" and browse through what you want. It does not display the picture until you post the reply.

Karla
  • bertevans
    Options
    Wow! I got 7,479 steps today! I felt good today as well. It was also a beautiful day.
  • bertevans
    Options
    A finished puzzle

cid:ED5189C8-51C3-46B6-8017-6B46D9422DC4
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am beat! Both classes were killer today but I did not whimp out, so feeling good. Tomorrow is Zumba and Pilates, so not as hard on my joints. Dinner and dishes done. I met my mini goal for the 3rd day in a row. Mashed up some avocado with true lime and garlic powder and spread it on my turkey sandwich, add yogurt with pecans and mission accomplished. Bit of a glitch with the invitations. My laptop is on it's last legs, so today it decided it will no longer talk to my printer. I tried all sorts of work arounds but it is crafty and blocked all my attempts to copy the documents to any other device like a thumb drive or sd card. So I will have to take my printer to Mom's, use her computer to recreate them and hopefully be able to get the printing done. Which means I also need to take the paper cutter and paper and the laptop. I may do it this weekend. So frustrating but just really can't afford a new computer right now. Date night so will have 2 hours to put my feet up before I go to bed. I may not have hit my 10K steps but I have really burned the calories today.

Diane, sounds like your day was hijacked. So hard to come back from vacation but even harder when you can't go back to your routine.

Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Hmm I guess my puzzle didn't load. ;)
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies- I'm back- weighed in today and was ticked- the stupid scale went up again and I am hungry. I'm starting to feel like a failure- I'm tracking, moving and drinking lots of water.
    I won't give up but the day definitely didn't start off on a good note.
    Diane- sorry about the missed workout and long commute- but welcome home
    Patti- good for you pushing your limits
    Janet- glad the car repair wasn't worse- how is the leg today?
    Karla- you're pictures are showing the correct size- how did you do that?
    Stay strong with the cake.
    Bert- good for you getting in lots of steps- way to go!
    Breakfast for me- weekdays, either whole grain english muffin with PB n J and milk and banana or raisin bran or shredded wheat cereal with banana and milk
    Weekends- cooked eggs, or something that takes longer to prep- I've switched to whole wheat flour for pancakes and waffles so cleaner eating. But do limit those days.
    Myra- interesting breakfast but as long as you love it- go for it
    Gardening- we have 5 raised bed in the yard and I love to putter. I grow a ton of tomatoes, then some herbs, salad fixings, radishes and last year zucchini and winter squash- the WS didn't work out so well- they were about a big as on mouth full.
    We also have a lot of flowers- up until the fall we had chickens too but the stupid birds starting eating the eggs so they went to a new home.
    Suzi- Have fun in NO and catch some beads- LOL
    MaryLynn- I need to get some new sneakers you post reminded me. Hope they are comfy.
    Jeannette- the young man sounds like he was raised well- good to have a nice person around.
    Odd thing happened last night and I feel really bad, still. Rick and I went to the Jeff Dunham show when we came out a man came up to us, handed us his VA card and said 'I'm homeless, not a scum bag and I'm trying to get to Fort Bragg for assistance.' Well here is the thing the only bill I had in my bag was 100 and I didn't even try to pull out change, instead I said, I'm sorry I don't carry cash. He looked turned and left but the look on his face broke my heart. I know there are many people who really aren't homeless but he really might have needed help. Oh and there was an older woman struggling to step over something and he went and assisted her.
    I feel awful- I give to lots of things and try to really be kind to others, but for some reason this is really bothering me and I didn't sleep well last night.
    Sorry to unload but I can't get the look on his face as he walked away, off my mind-
    Well back to the day job-
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, here is one of the puzzles I completed this past week. It's another gorgeous day today. I'm planning to walk outside as well as walk in the mall today. Have a great day everyone.