OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I caved to some blueberry pie last night, after a healthy dinner. It tasted good though ...

Paula, glad you got to put your feet up at the movie - the trailers make it look like a sweet little flick. We all assume our pets have interior lives - if only we could translate what they're thinking - and why they like smelling butts and yucky things.

Both countertops look nice - Luis trusts your taste, which makes me smile. If I recall the flooring correctly, #` would be my slight preference, but either will look terrific. It's so cool that you get to pay yourself for all the hard work by moving into a fully customized home.

Bert, I fondly remember VBS from childhood, but they make it so much more engaging now. My church's attempts back then were well-meaning but boring, though there was an ice cream social for families at the end, and that was fun. Hope Annie and the kids have a lovely trip - Dan can decompress with guy stuff.

Patti, working retail isn't for the faint - my experience wasn't as labor-intensive as Joann's can be, but you rock the place. Have a blast this afternoon!

Waving hi to Cindy, Diane, and Karla. TGIF!!!
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    1uxnph2mhc8f.jpg
  • luzingg
    Options
    78w563r0jec6.jpg
  • luzingg
    Options
    almost done, just need to hang one more rod.
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's raining again! I hope it clears out today at some point. Mike is heading out this morning for Red Cross to deliver supplies to an area around us which is in desparate need.

We bought a couch last night. We are finally getting rid of our 30 year old rocking chair (that has been broken for a few years) and chair. I wanted to get a reclining love seat and reclining chair, but decided it would be too much furniture on that wall. The couch is a gray "leather" look sofa that can be wiped off with a damp cloth. Eventually, we will get rid of our other couch, so everything will match somewhat. It will take 6-8 weeks to get it in, so that will give me plenty of time to get the room painted. I've wanted to paint it anyway, so this will give me a good excuse.

Patti: Nice curtains! You're so talented.

Janet: I have a horrible sweet tooth and absolutely love pie. We ate out last night after Mike met me to "shop" for a couch. I just wanted him to sit on the one he liked best, but I had already picked it out! :smile: ;) I had a healthy dinner (except for the baked potato) consisting of salad bar and salmon; however, I did succumb to a glass of wine.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Yesterday was a good day. I got alot of things done while Mike was volunteering for Red Cross. He didn't get home until after 8:00 last night. He said many people were grateful; however, one was upset because they weren't bringing her money! Geez.

I'm hoping to get in my pool today. I'm in the mood to do some serious floating!

Annie sent pictures of them being ready for her cousin's wedding in California. I bought the shoes for Dylan. I love these pictures and will definitely frame them!

Bert

if8l0rejelvd.jpg
    oom96x07o8kg.jpg
  • luzingg
    Options
    good morning, my view from the deck is gorgeous today. River is like a sheet of glass but flowing swiftly as the waters are starting to recede. What a fun shower we attended yesterday. It was hosted by the groom's mom (my ex SIL, whom I adore) and the man of honor, the bride-to-he's buff. So much love and laughter in one space. I did super well on my food and am hoping to see a new decade on the scale this week if I keep my head in the game.
    Bert, those kids are just too cute. Definitely frameable.
    Enjoy your float time. Congrats on the new couch, it sounds beautiful.
    Not sure what today holds but wishing you all lots of sunshine and joy
    Patti
  • luzingg
    Options
    Home again for a few action packed days then back to the cabin for 2 weeks. I power washed the side deck yesterday. it is 12x30 and it took 3 hours including the rails and steps. The front deck is 12x24 and I hope to do it next week. I will also need to get the boat upholstery done. River still up so no boating yet. Today I plan to make curtains for the kitchen and bathroom at the cabin with the leftover fabric from the living room. I am in love with that fabric, lol.

Have a great day everyone
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is supposed to be a beautiful day. Currently there is not a cloud in the sky, so I'm hoping it will stay that way. I have a PT session today and then I hope to get some work done outside. Dan had an interview yesterday for a new position.....I'm waiting to hear how it went.

Patti: I need to power wash our pool deck and front balcony and restain them. I'm going to hire someone to do that though. Mike and I aren't much good on ladders anymore. Good luck with your curtains.

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Good morning, all. After a few days of mixed weather, we're due for a no-rain Tuesday. Lots of errands to run, so that's a plus.

Patti, the curtains look perfect. Your sewing ability always impresses. You've been a blur of happy activity.

Bert, glad Mike "picked" the right couch. Getting new furniture always feels good (except in the wallet). The kids (and Annie) are adorable - bet they were a big hit at the wedding.

Not much new here - we didn't have dinner until 10:30 last night - James played two rounds of golf yesterday (unplanned, but one of his buddies needed some guy time). At least it was healthy - salmon, asparagus, wild rice pilaf. Way too much snacking yesterday though ...

Waving hi to all - have a good day!
  • luzingg
    Options
    wfu2gdl45pye.jpg
  • luzingg
    Options
    x5fnlnq5ai3q.jpg
  • luzingg
    Options
    sorry but I had to share the cuteness. Leo and his parents. He was trying to feed the penguin statue. He hugged everything he could. o69w7bg5sdvk.jpg
  • bertevans
    Options
    Patti: Love the pics!! Adorable!!
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    I heart Leo!
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's going to be a hot one today! However, it's sunny this morning. I will spread mulch this morning and then will get in the pool at some point. I'm so looking forward to getting in the pool and floating!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Bert, enjoy your float! Sounds divine (but don't forget the sunscreen).

Another snack day but to too much over here. I saw on FB that Karla had to have her brother Kerry rushed to the hospital (breathing issues again), so I'm sure she'd appreciate a prayer or three.
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Duh - NOT too much (typing before coffee is dangerous)
  • luzingg
    Options
    5 boxes of peaches are in the house and ready to be distributed. I am keeping 2. looks like I will be working on turning them into delicious jams, sauces and pies at the cabin. I also plan to work on the boat upholstery. Weather man is calling for rain every day! Getting my hair done now, then a stop to drop off peaches and help my friend with some sewing stuff before I go to work. will be going to Columbus early afternoon tomorrow to visit with my cousins. Edd needs something picked up at an auto parts place south of there and on the way to the cabin. two birds. My cousin's health is not the best and I havent seen her since Christmas, this seems like the perfect opportunity. WI was a maintain. have to say I was disappointed but it was a good discussion and I am determined to not let it derail me.

Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Molly is limping this morning. I'll have the vet check her out today as today is her "spa" day. She was fine early this morning, so I'm hoping she will be ok.

Janet: I didn't float yesterday, but will definitely today. I worked in a flower bed yesterday and then took Molly for her rabies booster in the afternoon. By the time I got home, I wasn't in the mood to vacuum the pool, so I'll do that today.

Patti: I love peaches....they're my favorite summer fruit. Greg and Carrie brought some back on their way home from vacation with Greg's dad. They were so good. Enjoy your time with your cousin.

Bert