OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    bmn52o7tva6y.jpg
    This passed by us yesterday as we sat in the water at the island. We had a gorgeous, laid back day. Hoping for more of the same today then back to reality tomorrow sometime.

Karla, glad to hear from you. Praying Kerry and you continue to improve. I am sure this is a big adjustment for all of you. Your family is certainly blessed to have you there to care for them.

Bert, fun times with the kids. Yeah Dylan on his double. It does sound like you have a busy one coming up.

Paula, hope the new meds are helping by now. You have really worked hard and fast on that house. Do you have a move in date in mind?

Big hi to Cindy, Diane and Janet
    Need to see what is on the agenda here
    Patti

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is Dan's birthday. They are currently all still asleep. I want to take them out for breakfast to celebrate, and then Dylan, Penny, and I will head to our house for a visit. Dan and Annie will be down on Thursday. Have a great day, everyone!

Patti: The riverboat picture is fabulous!

Bert
  • Paulabobadilla
    Paulabobadilla Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    t750k4ni5a1d.jpg
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Yesterday we went to the house early to beat the heat. I was mudding and my husband was doing plumbing. We took a break and went to home Depot came back, I had been off balance all day, my legs were shaky should have stopped but I pushed on and kept sanding the mud and well my legs gave out and I fell and hit my head. Oops. Came home showered and stayed in bed rest if the day. My head feels bruised today but doesn't look bruised thankfully.

My husband traded work with a friend for termite treatment so today the house is being treated inside and out. Plumbing is finished so next weekend we'll finish sanding, paint install cabinets and flooring in kitchen if all goes as planned that is.

Patti, we do not have a move in date as of yet. Still need to have it inspected to get electric meter installed but would like to have it put together before that happens.

Bert, Happy birthday to Dan! Enjoy your time with Dylan and Penny!! Did you get the fridge situation fixed?

Hi to all!!
  • luzingg
    Options
    Last day of vacation 😥 cleaning and packing is always sad, lol. My bird feeders have been loaded with birds today to keep me company. I will have 4 busy days and then back here again on Friday, yeah!

Paula, you poor thing. So hard to listen to our bodies until they protest with a whack to the head, lol. You cannot afford an injury.

Bert, I bet the kids just love being with you and Mike, plus the pool. Anxiously awaiting the next chapter in the saga of the fridge.

Better go get my chores done, want to be home before dark.
    Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    first I have read all the posts and appreciate being in everyone's thoughts :) made my day.
    Thank you to all for helping with the cover war- I wasn't able to check the site at 759 so I have no idea who won- I'm guessing it wasn't me since I don't have an email announcing my new PR package. Oh well better luck next time. That dress is from a designer in the UK who has graciously allowed me to use her picture.

Patti- that was an amazing river boat- such fun to watch it motor by-
    have you started to can or freeze anything yet?

Janet- is the med change helping? How is James feeling now?
    Paula- I'm so sorry your dealing with MS issues and then hitting your head, Please try and listen to your body and rest when needed.
    Diane- happy trails... such fun
    Bert- Frig update- what about calling BBB - this Is insane
    Karla- glad you're on the mend and your family s also doing better. I pray Barry slides in and out without much notice.

Need to run but I'm going to aim to check in more.
    Hugs all the way around
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Dylan, Penny, and I made it home safely. We had a good time in the pool last night. Jillian and Cole are coming over today, and I have a feeling we'll have all the kids tonight. That's fine as I truly enjoy having them. Today, I'll need to work on getting the program completed for printing tomorrow. Opening night is Friday.

Thanks, everyone for asking about the fridge update. Needless to say, I'm furious. I was told that I would be called within 24 hours about the next step to getting a replacement; however, as usual, it didn't happen. I called on Friday and spoke with the supervisor and she said they should have told me 24-72 hour business days! So that would equal to Tuesday! In the meantime I have my grandkids, and Dan and Annie will be here Thursday! Everny time I call, I get a different answer!

Cindy: Contacting the BBB is a great idea, I might just do that.

Paula: Sorry about your fall.....hope everything is ok.

Waving to Patti, Janet, Diane, and Karla. Have a great day everyone! Dylan woke up way too early this morning. Oh well............

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    What a difference a day makes. It was brutally hot yesterday and there was no breeze as we packed up. The passenger window on my car wouldn't open and then I heard something break and fall inside the door, most likely the cable. So we duct taped it so it wouldn't fall into the door and shatter. Then Edd's truck quit on him about half way home. He is pretty sure it is the fuel pump. Of course he had just filled the gas tank and the pump is in the bottom of the tank. He had to wait for our neighbor at the cabin to come with a trailer. They loaded the truck and the gas tank fell OFF! our other car was across town at our son's house so our neighbor took him there before he started his 2 hour drive back home. We owe him big time!
    Called mom to get her grocery list and she thought her Dr appointment was today. Nope, it is tomorrow and mine is today. Meeting our new Dr, sure hope we like her.

Cindy, hope you stop by more often too. Miss your input here. I feel bad that I only voted once, just not on the computer. I am finding a few minutes here and there to read your book and am really loving it. It has a nice flow to it, you have really polished your style with this one

Bert, it is amazing how service no longer seems to exist. Enjoy the kids

HI to Janet, Diane, Karla and Paula
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. We have all four grandkids.....Dylan just got up. Making him breakfast now.....back later.
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Friday is opening night. Our church secretary griped most of the time I was there to set up printing the programs. I took the ticket notebook back with me, and Greg and Carrie helped me sort things out while I made dinner. I'll take the notebook back this morning to prove to her I was right! I love that feeling, even if it is church related! :smile:

Mike called Sears yesterday, and they said the fridge was declared inoperable. They told him that monetary compensation would be deposited in our account by Friday, so I'm not sure how that will work unless they put the compensation in my Sears account.

Kids are still sleeping, but I'm sure they will be up soon. Have a great day!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Quick stop, heading to WW shortly to hopefully see a maintain for my two week vacation from the real world, lol. Mom and I met our new Dr, it was interesting in a very weird way. She will do for now and gives me and Mom another reason to laugh. My pepper plants are loaded but my tomatoes are not. Was really hoping for some big, juicy tomatoes and they are all pretty small. Don't think they will get much bigger before turning red, oh well, you all know I have a brown thumb! I am hoping to make some pepper jelly later today if there is time.

Bert, it will be interesting to see if you are properly compensated but doesn't seem right that they will force you to buy from them again. I think I would insist on cold, hard cash or a check. I hope you stop the secretary in her tracks with her attitude, being right and proving it is a healthy thing sometimes, especially with all the frustratration you have been dealing with.

Waving hi to all, stay cool and dry depending on your area of the country.
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Patti: Our tomatoes are loaded and the green peppers have blooms but have not started yet. Mike says we have an eggplant that’s ready. I’ll look later. Kids are in the pool. I’ll see if they really do what they say they will. Believe me, I’ll fight for cash.

• cindyr619
    Options
    Hi All,
    Bert I'm glad to hear you fridge saga may be coming to an end. My garden is not doig that great- radishes never produced fat round gems- just roots- tomatoes are few- plants just don't seem to be growing- lettuce is ok, cucs flowered but so far plants are small
    I just dont' know what is going on this year.
    Patti- my gosh you have car trouble all the way around.
    I'm glad you're enjoying the book- the new editor I found when I started this trilogy has taught me SO much I just love her and by chance her name is Mackenzie too

Janet- how are things with you
    Paula- are you feeling better yet?
    Karla- did you recover from the storm?
    Rick has gone back to the memory clinic and we're now on the trail of primary care than neurlogist - the prelim diagnosis I learned when I was talking to the lady at the clinic is really not good- rare disease that striked 50-70 k per year- no cure, no slowing of symptoms just control. He'll need to have either a PET or MRI- but that is when we get to the neuro
    That will be 3 monhts out - our area is lacking them but I want one in our county as long term this will all be on me. I'll share more when I get real details- but for now, if this is what they say- not good, and in some ways I think it is worse than alzeheimers
    much quicker progression.... at least it explains so much about his behavior towards me over the last few years.
    Anyway not crying in my coffee- just move on.
    Writing a new book - Peyton's story and quite a few times I've cried, going to be emotional that's for sure.
    Anyway I need to get back in the WW groove- I've been a member for a month and haven't tracked more than 10 days- SO not good. I keep trying
    Need to run
    Waving to all
    Cindy
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Bert, good luck getting your refund. I'm sure they'll want to put it on your Sears account. Most put it back on card it was purchased with. I hope you get different results. Have you gotten estimates on your roof yet?

Patti, I have a brown thumb as well. Nothing better than garden fresh tomatoes. I'd love to plant a garden but I wouldn't be able to tend to it as needed in the heat.

Cindy, so sorry to hear about Rick! I hope and pray it's not what they think. I hope the nuerologist can find a different treatable explanation.

Been busy babysitting all week. I have the boys tomorrow then not Friday. It's my daughter's weekend to work so we'll have the baby, the boys go with their dad this weekend. Puts a damper on my weekend plans of getting kitchen together in the new house though cause she works second shift. I'll go down early Saturday and work till 12 so at least I can get a few hours in with my husband. Haven't been taking the new muscle relaxer cause I don't know how I'll do on it and I've had kids everyday. The older ones tend to themselves but the baby needs a functionable sitter. I'll start them Monday. I don't take any of my meds when I am alone with the baby cause well I need to be 100% there and I tend to get brain fog on them so the pain in my hips and legs has not been good but I'm a fighter and I push on. I take my meds around 5pm, she got off at 6 this week, that way by the time she gets here they are kicking in. Had to take the middle grandson (Alex) to doctor today for swimmers ear. Man I don't miss having to haul a baby and two kids around 🤣🤣. Yup it show how old you really are. We went to grocery after the doctor. I need to get on my game with eating. It's been horrible. Menopause is killing me, well that's my excuse, hehehe.

Have a great day all!
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Oh, hoping early next week I can share some pictures of a completed or close to completed kitchen 😃😃😃😃

Patti, I'll be sure to let you know when it's showable so you can come visit for sure as long as you don't mind my Rugrats 🤣🤣
  • cindyr619
    Options
    Hello-
    Checking in. So far I'm on plan- lol but its only 11 AM-
    Menopause does stink Paula - who would have thought PMS for Post PMS - lol

Anyway just hopping on to say HI
    We'll chat again soon
    Cindy
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all. Not much to report here. James is back to feeling OK - whew. Today I'm busying myself doing small things - have someone coming tomorrow to clean the three big rugs in my living area, the couch and my chair/ottoman. Long overdue but I finally really NEED to get it done, and I'm also trying to schedule the dryer-lint removal people. DANG, my life is exciting! Eating has been, well, not the best. Que sera, sera.

Cindy, fingers crossed that Rick will get some help. You're a trouper for sure. How are the girls and the pups?

Bert, any word from Sears? Stuff like this shouldn't have to turn into a saga, but what do we know?

Paula, you amaze me - you do so much for everyone. Please do take the best care of yourself. Post kitchen pics when you can - you and Luis must burst with pride when you see how much you've accomplished in the new house.

Patti, wishing you no more car/truck troubles. I have no garden advice but hope you get at least a few surprise tomatoes. Summer produce is just such a gift. Had local sweet corn last night, and the peaches I bought the other day are sweet and juicy. Time to make a fruit salad - maybe for tonight.

Waving to Diane and Karla.

• luzingg
    Options
    Good afternoon all. Car issues continue here. Edd now thinks the fuel filter needs changed in the truck. He barely kept it running to get it home. My window works and he could find nothing wrong but I definitely heard something fall into the door. So the door panel remains off with all the door "guts" showing, lol. I am doing pretty well on food choices but not so well on tracking. It's a start.

Cindy, keeping you and Rick in my prayers, can only imagine what you both are going thru. Keep checking in, do your best and ask for help.

Janet, good to hear James is better. You do know how to party!

Paula, you are definitely tough but still need to take better care of you. The heat will be brutal on Saturday, maybe wou should wait for next week when the weather is more reasonable. Do you have a generator for fans?

I have lots of jalapeños so I think I should make some jalapeño jelly.

Supposed to go to the cabin tomorrow but Edd just got a call that one of Mike's rental has water pouring into the street. Mike is at the cabin so Edd is off checking it out. Always something

Patti
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Good evening,

Janet, glad James is feeling better. I have always been the go to person when someone needs help lol it's who I am. I will burst with pride when we get at least one room complete lol

Cindy, hope your day went well.

Patti, you sure aren't having luck with vehicles. Hope you get them straightened out. As for the heat Saturday. My husband is going to put in a window unit ac and block off doorway to dining room and laundry room so we just have AC in kitchen. It's going to be miserable so otherwise I'd never be able to do it. Heat kills me, well makes all my symptoms worse. Luis would never let me work it temps that are horrible. He's like my service husband, 🤣🤣🤣, at least I didn't say service dog lmao he knows when I'm doing bad before I do lol. No worries, saftey first ALWAYS! Well except for my fall lol

Today was a good day. Ended up taking my gabapentin earlier cause pain just sucks and when it started early this morning I knew I needed to get it under control. The baby was a happy boy today, his two top teeth finally came through, Alex was a huge help too. Funny how when I'm not feeling the best, pain wise, they just know and step up. But I need to take my meds regularly for a few days to get back to a tolerable pain level.

Going to see Mom tomorrow with my sister, she's driving so I'll be medicated lol. Good thing is that as a chronic pain sufferer I've learned to mask my pain or at least mask how bad it really is.

Well I'm off to bed, took a couple muscle relaxers and my gabapentin and I'm ready to pass out.

Have a great night!

Paula
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. No time for personals today. It's opening night, and I need to get to church to get things organized.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert