Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• Java_Mom115
    Java_Mom115 Posts: 43 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi ladies! Once again I'm playing catch up...The tooth saga lasted (still lasts), and as it turns out I have been grinding my teeth so much lately due to stress that I've bruised the tissue down deep. But the root and tooth are OK, so...the answer is time and motrin.

In other news, I'm back on the exercise (more than walking) bandwagon and it feels good! The scale crept up a few pounds in March, and that's coming off now. Yay! My neurologist put me on another preventative medication for my migraines and I should see benefit from it soon...right now it's making me tired!

I have missed a lot and will go thru to catch up...sorry for no personals! I have been thinking of you ladies

Happy Sunday! It's gorgeous here!

Beth
  • Java_Mom115
    Java_Mom115 Posts: 43 Member
    Wow, so much has happened since I had last checked in! Prayers are with each of you in your daily lives, in big things and small.

Beth
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Karla, what a beautiful bloom. Only one day? How sad -- glad you were home to see it. How is Glenn feeling?

Beth, hope the new med works wonderfully for you once your boy adapts.

Ran errands early, then took a nap. Have been indulging in many things I will be away from again as of tomorrow. So be it. Need to be way on track M-F because I'm away Sat.-Sun. for a bridal shower for best friend's son's fiancee, who is just a terrific chick.

Working on CDs but going to watch the basketball game at 3 -- can do laundry and such during that. Tomorrow is eye doc and my eyes take extra time to un-dilate so that's always interesting.

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Karla, so relieved to hear that this surgery, and incision were much smaller and sounds like he is doing well.

Beth, glad to see you. Hope the new meds do the trick for your migraines. May be that the migraines and teeth grinding are feeding off each other. Hope you get relief of both very soon.

Janet, ish I live near you so I could go then your CDs before you out them up for sale. My collection is extensive, but never complete.
    As to lunch. My best day is always Wed. I am already booked this week so what about the 27th... Anywhere, any place! We leave on the 1st of May and return on the 8th, no further trips until June the 9th. Let's do this!

What a wonderful day spent in the sunshine with my daughter. Hit the outdoor monthly market, thrift and antique stores. Then spent a couple hours at my Mom's. She was so thrilled to see us. There is a local garlic and herb farmer who was at the market. She is well known for her garlic blends. She sells them dried and in a grinder. OMG, they are quite simply the best I have ever tried. She is available on Etsy now and I can say if you order from her you will never be disappointed and will probably be as hooked as I am. Anyway, the name of her shop on Etsy is WeezysSpices. I just bought the smoked salt and garlic blend.....so, so, so good. Also bought a hickory smoked corn chowder mix and had it for dinner tonight (not available in her Etsy shop) I added some canned milk, fresh corn and bacon and it was very good.

Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Patti, the 27th is out for me -- so let's do it when you get back. Sorry! The spices sound wonderful. I'm a Penzey's junkie ad need to go through my spice collection sometime. But first, need to organize the CDs I'm keeping and rip most of them to the computer.

I can do that over the next few weeks -- and when it's done, whee! (DVD keepers are already reasonably organized in special notebooks.

Bit by bit ...

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited April 2016
    Patti- I have been waiting to hear what fun your daughter and you bestowed upon today. Sounds wonderful! Interesting! And yummy!! I love spices and garlic. I will check her out on Esty. I wish I had had a daughter, one of my bummer's in life. Good thing Monica has shared her two with me. They call me their Pseudo-mom. lol .

Janet- You are one busy lady and thrifty too.

I have gotten over 11k step just accomplishing chores around the homesite. Jason helped me remove the huge plumerias from the greenhouse and lower the large pots in the ground to keep them from tipping over. Most are already in bloom and oh so fragrant. I did chill out this afternoon and watched the movie " Rickie and The Flash". I then jumped up and fertilized all the plumerias and my vegetables. I have bell peppers, jalapeños, cabbage and squash going.

Beth- nice to see you, good news on the meds and exercise. I was a horrible teeth grinder myself, hence, all my bottom teeth are capped and two bridges on top, lol. Do personals when you can, we just love to see you.

Why did part of my post disappear ? Good thing we have that one hour to edit. lol

I added that I best go prepare Glenn some dinner before his Sunday shows start.

Have a great evening and even better week!!

Karla
  • judyannsews
    judyannsews Posts: 23 Member
    I made it thru another day, eating correctly and even went for a sort walk. David moved from one hospital to another. When he tries to walk with a walker they have a wheelchair behind him. A therapist is in front of him helping him move his legs.
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning ladies and welcome to another week. Another week to make great choices on our eating and exercising.

Judy- Congrats on your healthy eating track you are on. Sounds like your dear son is making progress and researching the facilities he needs. My prayers are with your family without ceasing.

Patti- my heart is still full of love for you and your daughter and your wonderful day together yesterday, including you Mom. So blessed.

I am on the run today. Credentialing to do this morning and then off to Biloxi for some training with the new client.

My plumerias look wonderful this morning. Below is a bloom for you all to enjoy this morning.

Cease the day!!!

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Good Morning Friends-
    Sorry I was MIA all weekend- Getting stuff done around the house was a good thing this weekend. We went with Em to check out a house- the kids want to buy and stop renting.
    So Mommy and Rick were off and running.
    I have a biz trip Wed/Thursday this week so I'm not sure if I'll check in- but I will try. With the busy weekend food was sketchy but I got in over 10K in steps both days.
    everyone sounds pretty up beat and for that we are rocking the world with positivity.
    Need to run but I'll be back.
    Cindy
  • luzingg
    Quick stop. I have new OMGs for Judy and Janet and me, will update later today. Anyone that stops by, please update your OMG. With all this positive energy, let's get some momentum going.

Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    Hi Cindy - it's that time of year for busy!

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    hc2bqjxxzvfh.jpeg
    My new glasses
    Karla
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS to Janet :)

best of luck to Jeanette for Brian's job search!

speedy healing to those in need. yikes, Beth, I hope you can wear something at night to stop that stress grinding. my teeth hurt just thinking about it.

Karla, I am smiling. and saying the serenity prayer. and trying to redefine "normal". btw, i really like your new glasses, but I ADORE your plumeria! :) that's just gorgeous.

thanks, Patti, for picking up goals this week. please make my goal: STOP AND REALLY THINK

Bert, I'm in need of mulch too, but my back says.... um, no. but... weeding isn't back-friendly either, hehe.

Cindy, congrats on the loss i read about... um.... last week? I'm sorry i've been a slacker here lately, I'll try to get my mojo back (in multiple ways)

Judy, I'm glad you are officially back on the list and I hope your son's treatment is fruitful, and you continue to improve with physical therapy.

waving hello to everyone else, and apologizing for what i've missed,
    myra
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Good morning ladies! It is a beautiful sunshiny day here! This is my last week at Corban until August. I will still teach at the studio
    until the first week of June. It doesn't look like I will be able to do a practicum this summer. Nothing has come up that I can find; I didn't expect
    it to be this hard to find a place.
    Hubby is still looking for a job. He has had a couple of interviews and still some possibilities there, but no firm offers yet. He is working
    hard at looking for a job so I'm sure something will come up soon.

Karla, love the pics, thanks for sharing. The flowers are beautiful as are you :smile: I agree that when things don't turn out the way we
    want them to, sometimes it is because there is a better option for us. A former friend once told me an analogy that I use quite a bit. She
    used to babysit and would let the kids play in the front yard. She would tell them come up in the yard and they sometimes would
    complain and she would say "I can see around the corner and a car is coming" God can see around the corner and knows what is best
    for us.

Cindy, loved the pics of teaching Emily to sew! What fun in so many ways. Hope the business trip goes well and that you have time to
    take care of yourself while away.

Janet, I need some of your organization skills here! Over the years of the illness this place has gotten out of control. I guess if I don't do
    the practicum this summer I will focus on getting this place back in order. I may be going back and forth to my parents' house too, though
    because my dad will be getting a hip replacement. They told him it would be several months out but if a cancellation comes up he can
    get in sooner.

Patti, glad to hear your day with your daughter went so well; and that you got to spend time with your mom as well...so special. Thanks for
    sharing the Etsy shop, I am a huge garlic lover! I'll check it out once Brian has a job again :smile:

Beth, good to hear from you; I have been enjoying your pics on FB!

Well, I have a houseful here; it is a visitation day/time for Will and Avery which means Andrea and Alanna are here as well. So I'm off to hang
    with them for a bit before heading to work. Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette
  • luzingg
    So nice to see so many smiling faces here today.
    Karla, love the new glasses and the plumeria. You are all beautiful
    Cindy, loved your blog this week. Made me remember when Mom taught me to sew, I was 10 or 11 years old and got a basic sewing machine for my birthday that year. Started off making the prettiest orange and yellow A-line dress, with a zipper and long sleeves. I know my Mom thought I was nuts for trying something so challenging right out of the box. But she was an excellent teacher and I wore that dress proudly.
    Jeanette, sending successful vibes for a good job for your hubby. I am so sorry about not finding a spot for your practicum. Maybe fall will be more productive. Prayers that your dad gets his hip sooner than later. I know you are going to miss your Corban classes. sure wish I could find a class here.
    Have had a very productive day. Pantry, fridge a freezer are stocked. I have 10 bulbs of garlic roasting, thick pork chops in brine, huge salads made for dinner and lots of veggies chopped. Need to start some laundry and then Zumba tonight.

I WILL UPDATE OMGS LATER TONIGHT. IF YOU HAVEN'T POSTED YOURS YET, NOW IS THE TIME.

Patti
  • luzingg
    Oops , Myra, didn't mean to ignore you. I got your OMG. Always nice to see you. How is the smiling going?
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Hi, everyone! Gorgeous day here. Had eye doc this morning -- n real change to the prescription, but an odd bit of good news -- my cataracts have progressed a bit -- they don't hamper me much now, but the doc declare them at the stage where insurance will pay for their removal, and I'll get that done this summer. I will have to pay an extra $1,200 or so per eye to get toric lens implants because of my astigmatism, but it's worth it to me. Because my prescription is so odd, glasses cost a fortune, even with relativeky cheap frames, so it'll pay for itself in a few years. I've worn glasses since I was seven and haven't been able to wear contact for 20 years. Gee, I'll be able to buy cool sunglasses!

Myra, lovely to see you. Sounds like you are doing what is most important for YOU. Brava.

Karla, you and the plumeria are beautiful -- in that order. How's Glenn doing? Is he working from home or did he go in today?

Cindy, hope you get good weather on your trip. By this weekend you'll be ready for a rest.

Jeanette, still hoping a practicum site will crop up. I've never had the luxury of being able to get stuff organized befor a move so I'm working no it now.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Good evening ladies; just wanted to mention that hubby (Brian) has an interview tomorrow morning at 10 (or today if you are looking at this on Tuesday morning). This is a sales position that would provide a work vehicle and has opportunities for him to move up in the company. We would appreciate your prayers if you are a praying person

Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette
  • luzingg
    Janet,,yeah for cool sunglasses and no longer needing prescription glasses! You are so right, will be worth every penny.

Jeanette, sending prayers that he nails the interview and gets the job!

Zumba was great but man was it hot in the gym. Need a shower and then I will update the OMGs. Laptop,and shower are both upstairs, lol.
    Patti