Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Jeanette, definitely praying for this to be a good fit for Brian -- the car sure would be a plus, but the growth opportunity would be even better.

Patti, it got to mid-80s here today -- too hot for me but I'm too stubborn and cheap to put AC on mid-April. I got my exercise getting the boxes of CDs and DVDs to be sold labeled and stacked right at the garage door. FedEx will pick them up tomorrow, so I don't have to wrestle them into and out of the car -- my back is grateful. And was grateful for the percocet this evening.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Karlalm58 - Karla - AL(gulf coast)- DO THESTRENGTH TRAINING FOR UPPER BODY X3 THIS WEEK.
    Luzingg - Patti - OH - No cheating
    Jp_in_Ky - Janet - KY - Fully back on track-Track it all, no cheating
    Cindy619 - Cindy - MA - THIS WEEK I'LL EAT LIKE I LOVE MYSELF
    Smack59 - Suzi - OK - TRACK IT ALL!
    bertevans - Bert - IN - drink water and get 10Ksteps each day.
    Eniads- Diane - MD - TRACK EVERYTHING I PUT IN MY MOUTH.
    68Myra - Myra - NC - Stop and Think
    Xjsjaguar - MaryLynn - VI, BC - -INCREASE DAILY PROTEIN. 90 MIN. ACTIVITIES/DAY
    LivLovLrn - Jeanette - OR- EAT 4 VEGGIES A DAY
    Java_Mom115 - Beth - MI -80 OZ WATER DAILY, 6 WORKOUTS, TRACK EVERYTHING
    JudyAnnsews - Judy, MI -Keep on keeping on
  • luzingg
    OMGs updated, and I removed a few names. They can always be added back if they return.

Now here is a quote a friend of mine shared on FB today and I thought it was appropriate to share.
    "What's my goal weight? I don't have one. I will not define myself by a number. My journey is about feeling stong, confident and healthy"

And from the incomparable Lucille Ball
    One of the things I learned the hard way was that it doesn't pay to get discouraged. Keeping busy and making optimism a way of life can restore your faith in yourself.

And just to make you laugh:
    Every notice how irons have a setting for permanent press? I don't get it. Steven Wright.

So have faith in yourself, find what works for you and be kind to yourself no matter what.

Hope this starts your day off with a smile
    Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Good Morning Ladies-
    Just printed my boarding pass for tomorrow- I'm actually looking forward to the trip. I get to see my friend who does proof reading for me.
    Haven't seen her in about 4 years- and it will be good just to get away despite the business involved. :)
    Patti- Love the quote and so agree- I am so much more than a number weather is my age or weight. Thank you
    Karla- you're rocking the new specs- how is Glenn?
    Janet- you'll love wearing fashionable sunglasses- I'm still wearing contacts and have lots of sunglasses in every facet of my life.
    Wrinkle protection you know......
    Jeanette- you're going to have a wonderful summer- Will Alana spend much time with you? Good luck to Brian.
    MyraLynn- Stop in when you can. Sometimes we all get sidetracked
    Beth- Take care of you please
    Judy- How is your PT coming along and your son- getter better everyday I'm sure.
    Need to run- but day at the office but I'll pop in when I can
    Cindy
  • judyannsews
    judyannsews Posts: 23 Member
    I had a great day yesterday. For the first time in a long time, I feel really focused on losing weight. I also felt so good because I got to do three exercises at PT. they hurt but I was glad to finally do something myself. Of course when I went to bed last night, I was in agony. I finally took a Percocet d slept good. I think it may be back to the recliner for a few night.

David is doing really good in PT and OT. In fact he has already met half the goals in OT. It is the PT that will take the most time. He said the hospital is fantastic, both of them have been.
  • luzingg
    Good morning.....why, yes it is!

Cindy, so excited for you and your upcoming visit with your friend. If you have to travel for work, at least it is to someplace sunny, too. It will compliment your disposition.

Jeanette, feeling positive on behalf of your Brian. Remember, if He brings you to it, He will bring you through it. Major hugs and good vibes.

Judy, I am keeping the prayers going for you, your son and the entire Felty clan.

Janet, I hope we can find a day to get together as soon as I get back on May 8th. The following weekend Edd will be on a camping trip, would you be up for that? Or would you prefer to keep it during the week?

Karla, hoping that Glenn is improving every day and he never has to through this again. Are you having to do much other than inspecting the site?

I love Tuesdays, spending time with Mom and TRX, lol. My son has a painting job for me so will be meeting with him right after TRX. I have lunch with my BFFs tomorrow and will find out the details of the breast cancer treatment. Don't even want to think about it but I know it has to be done. There is also a dinner on Thursday night with her and some other friends, not sure if I can make that one. Will depend on how quickly I need to get the painting done.
    I have thick cut brined pork chops in the crockpot with apples, garlic, rosemary and fennel....Edd's favorite. They won't be done before I go to the gym, so it will be a late supper for me.

Need to get it together and get to Mom's. Until later
    Patti
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Good morning ladies,
    It certainly sounds like the happenings in your lives is turning towards the positive, which always is encouraging. We spent most of yesterday outside in the sunshine, gardening again. Getting loads of Vitamin D these past few days, that is for sure! Looking forward to another sunny day outside and will need to get out there before it gets too hot to hike around here.

Jeanette I'll be praying for you and Brian this morning as he attends his interview. Doors seem to open when and where we least expect them and hopefully this is one of those for you both. When I did some online searching in public health and nutrition in Oregon it looks like there are plenty of openings for experienced professionals, so it would be great to get your practicum done and behind you! Perhaps there is a summer camp, healthcare, homecare or senior center that would fit the criteria for you? Does the school provide any leads for you to pursue, or is it totally up to you? My thoughts are with you as you go about your busy day.

Patti, your dinner menu sounds delicious and I love roasted garlic anytime! The upcoming painting job sounds like fun and of course it is great exercise for anybody. Along with the painting, TRX and Zumba, you'll be running laps around us all in no time! Lunching with friends who are going through trauma can sure be tough and sometimes we just need to remember that we are there to listen and hug. There is always a safe place in the arms of our best friends and I'm sure your friend values the commitment you continue to make in her life. We need to remember that we only have today - this moment - in which to make a difference. As we learn to value the moment and cherish one another (as well as ourselves) smiles appear. Thanks so much for the smiles you caused in my life with the quotes you shared today too!

Judy, such good news for David as he makes huge strides towards recovery already! Great to find your focus once again. It can prove elusive at times, especially when we get a setback like you have experienced so recently. As you continue to manage more movements and exercise, you are wise to take something to keep on top of the pain that results. Finding the balance of nutrition that works best for you is equally important as your attitude and it sounds like you're discovering some strong desires to work through it all. Well done. Rest when you need it!

Cindy, life continues to shine around you as you look forward to your travel and connection with your proof-reading friend. Sounds like your activities are keeping you hopping as you step into the day ahead. Your positive outlook is always noticed and hopefully appreciated by those you encounter regularly. I sure appreciate it! Travel safe and come back refreshed, even if it is mostly a business trip. I hope you find ways to "unplug" from the routines of life and appreciate how far you've come already!

Janet, it's good to get things organized without having to move. Moving has been such a regular part of our lives and that always prompts the sorting and prioritizing you've been addressing lately. It is amazing how quickly we can accumulate things and how little we truly need to keep, or that has been unused for far too long. When someone else can make use of goods that we have valued in the past, it makes so much sense for them to be passed on in some way. Nice to hear that you can be back on a regular foods and hope you're enjoying them all! Finding out that your vision changes will allow for a surgical procedure soon for correction is a mixed blessing. They have certainly come a LONG way with what they are able to do and hopefully you can find a reputable professional to handle this delicate procedure. Enjoy the warmer weather and hopefully find some time to sit back and soak it all in as well!

Karla, glad to hear that Glenn's procedure was minimal and that he can hopefully look forward to a speedy and full recovery really soon. How are you feeling after all this? Juggling so many balls in the air makes for some pretty tired muscles both physically and emotionally. Just find the balance that works best for you as you continue to step forward with your normal high enthusiasm for life. Pleased to share in the beauty of the blossoms with you and that you were able to find those stylish new glasses! So many changes in your life, I bet you are never bored!

Myra, I liked your new goal of "stop and really think" and it's important to me too. Such mindfulness slows us down to allow us to evaluate, enjoy and embrace healthy attitudes to the happenings around us. While I am a devotee to spontaneity, I admit it can bring unexpected consequences. Giving ourselves an extra moment or two can make all the difference between positive and negative outcomes. This forum provides an opportunity to listen and learn from others and I continue to enjoy this with you. Thanks for being you!

Beth, I hope you are finding some balance in your busyness this week. Take care of yourself as you engage in life and carve out some personal space to just breathe in and out slowly. Raising a family while juggling professional responsibilities is almost always stressful and it tends to catch us up unexpectedly at times. So glad you have found us here and that you continue to improve every day as you step confidently towards your personal goals and dreams.

Catch you all again soon. Sorry if I missed anyone this morning. Hugs to you all, friends!

MaryLynn

• JP_in_KY
    Better get a post up while I can still say "Good morning!"

Jeanette, been thinking of Brian all morning.

Judy, great reports from both you and Dave. He is going to recover quickly, which is not meant to diminish the magnitude of the job -- watching one of my dad's dear friends come back from G-B in his 70s impressed me with how devastating the syndrome can be. Great care is crucial, and Dave has it. Glad you are able to DO some things at PT now, but please do deal appropriately with your pain.

Cindy, smiling for you, knowing that you finally get to see your friend and proofreader. Yes, I am going to start dreaming about cool shades and will start keeping my eyes open for bargains.

Patti, that weekend may work for me, unless I am in SC -- no need to stiick to weekdays here. Love the Lucille Ball quote -- choosing optimism is the only way for us to actively value ourselves.

MaryLynn, my ophthalmologist will do the surgery. He's the guy who fixed my spontaneous retinal tear and he's young but deeply experienced. I have been fortunate to find first-rate medical providers in Louisville. Hoping the one other retired person I know here can take me (she's also my cat sitter), or I will use a car service.

Working on organizing my remaining CDs and burning them to my computer. I've also started laundry and stacked the next two months' worth of canned cat food in my pantry (they get Fancy Feast Grilled Chicken each morning, mostly so I don't have to smell anything unpleasant. (Yes, I actually think about stuff like this, and about rotating the evening flavor.)

It is SO nice to have my yogurt and other normal-for-me foods back! My mind and body are still rebounding from the tension of the thyroid saga and prayers of thanks keep going up. That includes giving thanks for each of you.

• xjsjaguar
    Jeanette - Any news on how the interview went for Brian? You guys have been in my thoughts all day...take care of yourselves, okay?
    MaryLynn
  • xjsjaguar
    Judy - How's the pain level doing today? Any better? You've been in my prayers as well.
    MaryLynn
  • judyannsews
    Pain is better as long as I don't do anything. I did cook a delicious dinner tonight. Sautéed tala pie with Cajun seasoning served with a salsa made of Champaign mangoes, cucumbers, chives avacado and lime juice. For sides I roasted butternut squash cubed and asapagus with balsamic vinegar infused with garlic. Very yummy and nutrious!
  • luzingg
    Judy, your meal sounds so fresh and inspired. What is tala pie?

Where did this day go. Wonderful time with Mom, as always, then TRX done outside in the sunshine. Met with my son to check out the house that I need to clean and paint. It never ceases to amaze me how people can be so filthy! We gathered all the supplies and paint and I am ready to start tomorrow after lunch with my GFs. Got home around 8:30 and scarfed down the chops I made, so starved. Before I could get my salad dressed I got a call from my nephew, the brother of the one who passed away. We were on the phone for over 2 hours. We were close when he was younger but he has always been very much a loner and hard to draw out. I think his brother's passing changed him in many ways. He is now seeking out the world. Connecting In ways he always avoided. It was a very good conversation. He is planning to be traveling thru this area, currently he lives in Oakland, CA, and wanted to know if he could come visit. Of course I welcome him with open arms. Now I am exhausted and headed to bed. Lots to do tomorrow, doubt I will make it to Zumba but will get plenty of exercise working on the house. Will stop by before I head out. Hoping there will be good news from Jeanette on Brian's interview.

Sweet dreams, if dreams there be
    Patti
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Good very early morning ladies! I have been awake since about 3:30 my time for no particular reason I can think of. I'm hoping to get a few snoozes in before I head to work for my last day of the semester at Corban.

Brian felt his interview went well. They said they'd contact him Thursday if they would like to see him for an interview with the next level manager. He also checked in with a former employer to see if there was a possibility of a job there. It is a lumber yard he worked for for about 10 years and quit when they had new ownership and changed things so his pay depended on commission, but they made it really hard to earn that commission (I'm not fond of the idea of him going back to work there). No word back from the several dozen other places he has applied.

Just stopped in while my chamomile tea is steeping; hoping to head back to bed for a couple hours. Have a wonderful day!

Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good morning ladies. Beautiful morning down here in the Deep South on the Gulf.

Jeanette - Pinkie fingers crossed for Brian. Sounds like he has a lot of irons in the pot, so to speak.

Judy- that meal does sound divine and spicy just like I desire! Do share that Tala pie recipe on our recipe page please!!!

Patti - so glad Brian's brother is reaching out to family, especially to his great Aunt Patti!!

Mary Lynn- you are such a caring soul. Thank you for checking in on us all with such caring thoughts. Glenn is doing well and returns to the physician tomorrow afternoon to a checkup. I will keep you all posted. He is working from home some for the shipyard.

I'm busy with business at home until about 3:30 and then I will go pick Jason up to ride to Birmingham with me to see my physician at UAB hospital.

Below I am sharing with you fine ladies my gorgeous Dogwood Bush. This is very special to me as a very close friend's husband gave it to me whom is no longer with us. I'm sure you all know the legend of the Dogwood tree with our Lord Jesus.

Karla

• JP_in_KY
    edited April 2016
    Hello, dear friends.

Judy, guessing "Tala Pie" is autocorrect for "tilapia." Have I guessed correctly? Made me laugh.

Patti, enjoy the painting -- I know you're really good at it. And I am very happy to know that your nephew is reconnecting -- what a gift.

Karla, eager to hear what your UAB doc says about the eye situation. You and Jason will have a quality visit in the car. You must be staying tonight and coming home tomorrow.

Jeanette, keeping fingers crossed for Brian to find something he will enjoy -- he's clearly doing everything right.

MaryLynn, you are a ray of sunshine in our lives!

Cindy, hope the trip is going well.

Judy, how is PT going this week?

My lawn/planting guy was here and has redone my back flower bed -- the dreaded red rose bushes are GONE!!! (Yeah, I know I'm weird but really don't care for them -- probably the many years of deliveries I saw at work on Valentine's Day when I got nothing. Until my dear friend Ken found out that it upset me, after which he sent flowers to my work at least twice a year, always something far more interesting than others were getting. Yeah, my friends are the BEST.) He filled in a couple of spots left by deceased peonies in the front and swapped out the plant at my mailbox but put the wrong one in and will fix next week. He's also going to look for a screen door for my deck -- it'd be nice to have the extra fresh air on days when it's possible. The permanent door is mostly glass but has a custom shade, so I want to keep it as is. The kid's just starting out on his own so am happy to give him my business because he is smart, knows plants and design and has a terrific work ethic.

Must do a LOT of straightening up before my cleaner comes tomorrow. There are CDs all over the place! But I'm down to the final 200-300 I can't bring myself to part with and need to put most of them into CD notebooks and ditch the jewel boxes. Bought the notebooks years ago in a fit of (premature) planning.

Had some tough news last night -- my only living aunt is very ill. Aunt Pat is a tiny ray of sunshine and she was the one family member who never me treated differently because of my size and made me some really cute things -- I still remember them in great detail. I will be able to see her on Saturday when I drive up for Sunday's shower, and if needed I will drive up again to help. Her name is Pat - prayers would be appreciated. She had a cancer recurrence and yesterday they called off future chemo and she is home, with hospice care (her son's wife works for hospice in another part of the state so we know she'll be in excellent hands). I am glad my cousin told me and I will do all I can to make her feel loved and to take her treats -- she's down to 85 pounds on an already tiny frame.

OK -- can't stay at the computer all afternoon -- onward, with a hug for each of you.
  • KarlaLM58
    Darn i didn't post reply on my Digwoid bush, so first, here it is.

• KarlaLM58
  • KarlaLM58
    Well, the box won't let me edit the Dogwood misspelling .. Isn't it gorgeous?

Janet- prayers for your dear Aunt Pat. Sympathy for you and your family as you spend time with this loving person. So many CD's my friend!!

Patti- I know you are enjoying the painting mode with you music mode going I bet!!! Your happiness in your words is so apparent in everything to express and whomever you are with.

I have worked without ceasing this morning on some critical credentials issues and finally stopping to bathe, rest and pack for my trip..

Jason and I will have a good talk, dinner and road trip.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    edited April 2016
    Karla be safe on the road and enjoy your Jason time. It will be good for you both, especially with all that's been going on, including the early end to your vacation.

I moved here with over a thousand CDs so this is a HUGE purge for me! Having iTunes and being able to rip CDs to the computer helps. Still, I'm not ready to give up hard copies of my closest-to-the-heart discs.

Just checked on the eagles and saw one of the eaglets stretch a wing out -- WOW.

Planning on a quiet night -- have to straighten up for cleaner tomorrow but don't feel like doing much and figure I deserve it. Now to fix some dinner and chill ...
  • judyannsews
    Ding ding! You win the prize, Janet! It was tilapia. PT is going good. It hurts like crazy but I am getting more range of motion. DAvid walked 9 ft with a walker today!