Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Just a quick check in. Hope all is well with everyone. I've been so busy with my visits and getting evaluations done. I'm also helping administer state mandated testing to children at my former school. Now it's time for rest tonight
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Home, showered and eating dinner. I am beat. If only I could just paint. First I have to wash down the walls, patch all the holes, clean the baseboards, vacuum, and that is just the living room. There is an a/c unit mounted in the wall and I don't think they ever cleaned any part of it. Let's just say I don't know how any air was even getting thru it......DISGUSTING! There were so many nails in the walls that, once patched, the wall now looks like it is polka dotted. Had the best lunch with my GFs and got all the details on my friend's up coming treatment. She gets her first chemo May 3rd. Radiation will start after July 11th. She will definitely loose all of her hair by the end of her second treatment and in prep she got her shoulder length hair cut short today after out lunch. It is super cute and she has a picture for whether hair grows back. Her hairdresser told her if she needs an emergency head shaving she will bring her in at the end of any day to get it done. She will be looking at wigs this next week and has already bought some head scarves and a few hats. Her attitude is very positive and we are all anticipating the best possible experience. She is one amazing woman!

Janet, all my CDs have been put into my computer on I Tunes, and are in notebooks. I got rid of the jewel cases and kept paper inserts (album covers to me) and have them alphabetized and in plastic storage boxes. I can honestly say I have never once, in 10 years, looked at a single one of them. I can't bring myself to get rid of them though. I'm with you on the roses, not my favorite. Sounds like things are really shaping up at your place. Sending up prayers for your Aunt Pat, may she have no pain and have peace in her life. Cherish whatever time you have with her.

Karla, I think this time with Jason is perfect for both of you right now. Also hope you get some good news from Your Dr.

Judy, great progress is being made on your end. Prayers continue. You and David are never far from my thoughts.

Jeanette, on pins and needles hoping for a good job offer for your sweet husband.

Need to chill for a bit. Circuit in the morning and the going to work on the rental. Will not make TRX tomorrow night though.

Patti
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Another good early morning to you ladies! I am up early on purpose today because the company that Brian interviewed called him yesterday instead of today to arrange for him to do a ride along with an established driver today. We have been trying to research the company (Cintas) to see if they are good to work for; mixed reviews from what we can find. It sounds like a job that is right up his ally though, so we'll see how it goes. I also get to see my brother and his two girls today. I'll drop hubby off at the office, which is near my parents' house, and then go to my parents' house to visit until he is done.

Sorry for no personals again but I am not much on mornings and also need to get going so we can leave when he wants to.

Have a wonderful day!
    Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette
  • luzingg
    Jeanette, good news all around it seems. Don't know much about the company but it has been around for a long time. I hope it works out. Getting a ride along is a great sign. Have fun with your family and we will see you when when we see you. Keeping positive thoughts heading your way.

Need to get to the gym in a few minutes but wanted to just pop in and say hi. It will be a busy and long day, but I always do better when I am busy. My daughter lives a couple of blocks from where I am working so am hoping I have time to pop in and visit with her for a bit. Want to be home by 8pm. Will check back then.
    Have a great day all
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good morning ladybugs. I am sitting at my physician's office at the Chander Eye Institute at UAB Hospital. Eyes already tested and waiting for visit with Dr Fowler. Jason is in the car sleeping. lol . We enjoyed many laughs on the ride up. Mostly on Glenn's rear situation. Lol.
  • KarlaLM58
    Now that ticks me off!!!!!

I wrote each of you a special note and it only posted my first paragraph !!
  • KarlaLM58
    Finished at doctors office and already in Montgomery on the drive home.

I received a good report, backing down on my medications and returning to her other office in the bigger hospital for some dry eye testing. I return for that in June.

Judy- I am so enjoying your great sense of humor!! I loved the "ding, ding" for Janet getting the Tilapia correct. You are a riot!!

Patti- You are in your element doing that cleaning and painting!! I know you will have it all gorgeous again. Have you visited your daughter's home before? I know she will love you dropping by.

Janet- your housekeeper will make your home shine today. Mine is in sore need as we missed our date due to being out of town. How are you feeling? Have you spoken to Aunt Pat today? Can you post the link for the Eagles for me again?

Glenn is going to the doctor today early, so I won't be back in time. He is doing well.

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    edited April 2016
    Jeanette, the ridealong is a good sign. Cintas is certainly an established company, and if Brian tries and doesn't like it (assuming they make him an offer, he can always start looking again. Fingers remain crossed.

Karla, great news about your eye. By September I'll have helpful hints on cataract surgery, I hope. (My biggie is getting transportation to and from each surgery, which won't be a problem for you.)

Eagle Cams: http://dceaglecam.org/

Patti, hope you get some Susie time today. The "painting" job sounds like a lot -- but it's good activity!

House being cleaned today, and will then go to sale at the Ann Taylor Loft outlet and maybe drop by Polo outlet -- love their tees (the men's are so soft and clearance stuff is an additional 40% off). Need to figure out what I'm wearing to the shower Sunday (dressy casual) too. And I need to wrap the shower and wedding gifts (might as well take those two, because it's a destination wedding and I'm not going). Always more to do!

Am getting back on track, albeit imprefectly, this week but feeling motivated.

See you all later!
  • JP_in_KY
    Just stopped back and laughed at the fact that I typed "imperfectly" imperfectly. Yay me!
  • luzingg
    Good evening, it was a long, tiring but productive day. Glad to get my workout before working. I am done in! Did not stop buy Susie's, just too tired and I know she has been working extra hard this week. They had a big sale at the book warehouse and her job is to sort through and restock the shelves. I feel her pain. Yesterday I did 8 flights of stairs just going up and down my 3 step ladder. Today I hit my 10K steps while painting, but only did 6 flights

Janet, thank you for the Imperfect chuckle.

Karla, safe travels. This sounds like a positive step. So glad Glenn didn't know he was the butt of your jokes........and don't your tell him I said that either, lol. You and Jason definitely needed some laughter.

Sorry folks, this is all I have the energy for tonight.
    Patti
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Hi ladies,
    Sounds like things are humming along everywhere! Just wanted to check in and see you all.
    Hugs till tomorrow,
    MaryLynn
  • KarlaLM58
    edited April 2016
    Good morning ladies and TGIF. I'm trying to decide which direction to go in today. I need to pay some small bills today or tomorrow, I need my oil changed today, I have a Provider Board meeting today at noon at Fortis College, which is right near the UJ Chevy dealership. So should do those together. I need a massage, since I have two to knock out before the end of this month or I will lose them at Massage Envy. Sorry, I am just rambling my thoughts here!!

I have been up since 4a enjoying the quiet and my new 8" Kindle Fire HD. I gave JJ the one I bought at Christmas. He stayed on it nonstop watching Supernatural. Such a great Nana I am, and he's such a sweet boy. Well, soon to be a teenager.

Mary Lynn- you are doing great on your exercise I saw on the feed. Congrats.

Patti- I had fun with my son. I won't tell Glenn about your funny. Lol. Your daughter has so many of your traits.

Janet- I ordered a complete setup for my guest bathroom in an awesome Mermaid motif. Complete with wall decor, shower curtain (expensive) gorgeous curtain sea shell rings and a sign that says "All little girls dream of being a Mermaid". I can't wait to see it all. I also ordered all new cushions for my back patio deep seated set, love seat and two chairs with ottomans. Plus a new coffee table. It is all going to look great. I just think of you when I decorate or update my home as you are always working on yours. I still have to pick out a plush bathroom rug to POP with the Mermaid curtain, which is linen of course. But wanted to see the curtain. Izzy will love all of this.

Cindy- what do you have on the agenda this weekend?

Judy- how are you? Your son?

Myra- Are you back home?

Jeanette-!I know you are busy at your parents and with family. Thoughts and prayers for you dear.

I'm going to do my upper body DVD and start focusing on me again!!

Karla
  • JP_in_KY
    edited April 2016
    Good morning. Karla, Izzy is going to jump with joy when she sees her new bathroom! Your indoor and outdoor refreshing sounds fabulous too.

Quick stop for me and I may not be back until Monday. Today is mani, errands, then dinner and pops concert with a friend. And must wrap shower gifts too.

Up and out tomorrow, first to spend time with my Aunt Pat, who is in her final earthly days, then to spend the night at my best friend's home. Sunday is the bridal shower for her daughter-in-law to be (whom we all adore), then home Sunday night.

So I likely won't be able to check in but will do my best to eat reasonably while I'm gone.

Next week is wild too. Getting the rest of my things hung on the walls Wednesday evening (I think 38 items -- 34 small show posters on the walls in my study). Monday doc appointment and Wednesday I get my eyes measured for the cataract surgeries to come. Hoping to get more clutter-busting done next week as well -- also hoping to get away for a few days next month.

Big hugs to everybody!
  • luzingg
    Good morning, it is cool but sunny. The rains yesterday made everything smell all fresh and springy! Another busy day. Starting with Zumba and Pilates. Then more cleaning and painting. Trying to put in about 6 hours a day. He has a renter moving in May 1st and we are leaving the 30th. I got the living room and hall done yesterday, including washing the windows and replacing all the outlet covers. There is no dining room. So today I will tackle the two bedrooms and hope to have at least one of them completely done. Tomorrow I will do the other bedroom and start on the absolutely nasty kitchen or equally disgusting bathroom. I want to work Sunday and Monday so I can take Tuesday off to spend time with Mom. Will be nice to have extra pocket Change for out little vacation.

Karla, funny you should say my daughter and I share a lot of traits. Last Sunday we discovered out taste in food is totally opposite. At one point she said " I think we should contact Maury for a DNA test!" She has a very dry sense of humor and will say things very deadpan when she is kidding. I am starting to be able to tell when she is joking. My dad was very droll, but not quite like her. I think her adopted dad's demeanor was very much like hers. I also think her long history of depression and poor self esteem also play a big roll in the way she expresses herself. Love the mermaid theme for your guest bath, I know Izzy will love it.

Better go or I won't make my class.
    Patti
  • luzingg
    Home after another long day of cleaning and painting. Zumba and Pilates done to Prince today. OMG, heard about a massive killing in Peebles, Ohio. That is just up the road from my cabin, a very small country town. The killer or killers are on the loose. What is this world coming to.
    Tomorrow will be more work and then going to see The Jungle Book with my BFF. Edd is going on a trail ride in southern Ohio with our son. He sorely needs a day of fun.
    Missing all my friends here today. Hope everyone is enjoying whatever pursuits they are involved in.
    Patti
  • KarlaLM58
    7ni9ve9fp2f0.jpeg
    Izzy and I at her dance studio tonight for pictures. So fun.
    Karla
  • judyannsews
    judyannsews Posts: 23 Member
    Cute picture, Karla.
    Fred and I have been watching Anne I'd Green Gables. I love that story so much. I am doing good, icing my shoulder right now. David walked 75' this morning and 90' this afternoon. They plan on letting him go home on Thursday.
    I have stayed on my eating plan for a whole week!!
  • luzingg
    Karla, you and Izzy look adorable.

Judy, such great news for David and you sound like you are on the right track too.

Off to work on the rental and then movie time. My back needs the break. Hoping to be able to put in a full day there tomorrow and maybe done by Monday. The kitchen is the worst. Just don't understand how people can create and live in such filth. The only positive is they did not smoke in the house. That would have doubled my cleaning time.

Patti
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Hello all, quick check in to say hello and say we are on the road again. We received a last minute invite to my sister in law's new house just north of Charlestown, SC. Her brother and family will be there as well. My girls are excited to visit with their two year old cousin. Speaking of little girls, Izzy is adorable in her dance costume!

Sorry to hear about your Aunt, Janet. I'm glad you have the chance to visit with her. And happy for you to be off that strict diet!

A ride along sounds like good news for Brian! I hope it is a good fit for him, Jeanette. I'm sorry to hear your practicum didn't work out. I hope some other opportunity presents itself for you to complete your graduation requirement.

Judy and David sound like they are both on the right path with recovery. Continued good thoughts for you both.

Everyone seems busy with various things these days. My strawberry patch is prolific now that we have put up bird netting ;). I know I'm eating more sugar than I should, but at least it's natural and, my goodness, they are delicious. Natures candy.

Marylyn, how I envy your hikes! Thank you for your kind words. You may have missed a calling as a motivational speaker
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Darn iPad cut my post short. Grr.
    Have a great weekend -- I am thinking of all of you.
    Myra