OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Karla, I love the "gray striptease" and I am going to share it with my hairdresser. She will get a big kick out of it. On Fridays at the salon all the blue hairs come in for their weekly wash and set. My hairdresser calls it "roller derby". I am going next Wed to see Dory with my GFs. I have seen more movies in the last month than I have seen in the last 5 years, but am loving it.

Cindy, despite it all you are sounding happy, if not relaxed. I pray that the wedding drama from the witch just makes you laugh. Remember, she has no power over you unless you give it to her. Treat her like the a&& she is, smile, hold Ricks's hand and walk away. I am so excited to see the cover on Sunday. Do find some moments for yourself before you unravel!

Off to the oral surgeon in a few. Got the rest of the peaches peeled and frozen, bags pack d for the weekend and now just need to stop at the grocery on the way back from my appointment. Mom mentioned she was going to have to go get a little bit of ice cream for the rest of the peaches, so I will add that to my list and drop it off before I leave town.
    Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies............yesterday was a rough day for me. My brother informed me that he has been diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer on his spine. He has lesions on his spine. They are taking a biopsy to find out what type of cancer it is so they can figure out what treatment to give. He is seeing the oncologist today.....he's very positive about it and says he's ready to accept God's healing however it may be. He lost his son to cancer when he was only 4. He would have been Greg's age. He lives in North Carolina, so I don't see him as often as I would like.

Patti: I'm sorry for your mom having to deal with your sister's behavior. Family is so important. I'm wondering why she went to visit in the first place. Your mom's so lucky to have you to be there for her, no matter what. I'm glad she's feeling better now.

Karla: Enjoy your visit with your dad and classmates. I'm wanting to see Finding Dory with Jillian and Cole. I hope they don't see it while they are vacationing in Destin with Greg's dad.

Cindy: Enjoy your visit with your mom and step dad. Have fun at the wedding. I remember Dan and Annie's wedding and refused to get caught up in Annie's family's drama. I think Dan's high school buddies, several of our friends in attendance, and many glasses of wine helped make the reception great! :)

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Hi gang! A hot day at the lake, but we found a good spot to anchor the boat and swim this morning. Bones - I even have enough signal to check in with y'all!

I just did the absolute stupidest thing. - lost my prescription sunglasses into deep water ! I'm so aggravated with myself! I'll have to go the Walmart and get some non-prescription to wear while we're here. I just can't tolerate being in the sun without my sunglasses. Thank goodness my eyesight isn't very bad....

Bert - big hugs all around. I hate that C word.
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies......my brother called yesterday and the oncologist wasn't happy that his other doctor said he had Stage 4. He is testing for what type of cancer it is. My brother goes back next Wednesday for results. He sounded encouraged.

Another sunny day today. It's very warm as well. I'll work on the pool today and then will relax in it. Have a great day everyone.

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Good morning!

Cindy, hope you enjoy the wedding and that the nonsense is minimal.

Suzi, been there on the Rx shades. Bummer. Enjoy the water anyway.

Bert, keeping your brother in mind and prayer -- keep us posted. Sure sounds like the one doc jumped the gun. Test first, for goodness' sake!

Karla, I know you have a mega-fun weekend -- enjoy every moment and here's hoping your eyes cooperate.

Patti, what did the oral surgeon say? Bought a few peaches yesterday and thougt of you. You'll have to tell me what you do when freezing them. "Roller derby" made me laugh -- my mom's standing weekly appointment was on Friday, of course. NEVER understood how somebody could go a week without washing her hair, but she was utterly inapable of doing her own hair, despite having That Mom Hairdo our moms all seemed to have.

MaryLynn, you're probably just getting up -- have a great day, my muscled friend.

Have been out for errands already (flash one-day sale on Fancy Feast and a deep-seated need for yogurt). Going to stay in for the rest of the day, I hope -- it's beastly out there and I do not car for this loaner car. Still no word on mine.

Later!

• cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Just a very brief stop- toes are painted, bought new shoes, super cute and headed to the salon for a blow out shortly.
    I will not let this woman do anything to mar the happy couples day and I will turn the other cheek. Patti you are so correct she has no power and never has- unfortunately she spent years learning how to twist Rick out of shape.
    Personal maybe tomorrow. Mom hasn't arrived yet- bad weather so I convinced her to stop in Maryland.
    Hugs to all and think of me about 3:50 today. LOL
    CIndy
  • JP_in_KY
    Cindy, hope all went well for everyone yesterday and that the cow shrank from creating trouble on the kids' big day.

Getting lots of laundry done here and planning to stay in and alternate being productive with being a sloth! Just wanted to stop in and say hello.
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Hello all. Fun weekend with a great zoo adventure yesterday. A small Zoo but very well kept up and a good variety of animals. Pictures to follow. My reunion meeting went well, just three weeks away.

Janet- Sounds like you are having a leisurely time back at home with some fruit and yogurt. Yum.

Cindy- There is nothing prettier than fresh toenail polish and cute sandals. I have my toes are a sea foam green and everyone exclaimed about them. Lol. I had my Brighton flip flops on with diamonds. lol.

Glenn, JJ and I teamed up and cleaned and house and yard at my dad's. Glenn did the weed eater and JJ mowed. I vacuumed, mopped the floors and dusted the furniture. It really need it and didn't take us but about an hour. Dad didn't want us the spend the time doing that, but it sadden me to see the house and yard like that. It sure looked wonderful afterwards.

I tell you Glenn and Jason are real duds on a road trip!! I want to stop and do things fun with the kids and they don't.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    s5eyge1w5tn8.jpeg
    Izzy and giraffe
  • KarlaLM58
    qc9u91v12vug.jpeg
    The baby bunnies were less than two weeks old.
  • luzingg
    Home and beat! Here is the short report
    Bad news: can't get tooth extraction until July 12th , then have to wait at least 3 weeks before they can fix the tooth causing the pain.
    Good news: this is the last you will hear about. In the grand scheme of things it is just occasional pain. My BFF has cancer and is facing it with such dignity and positivity, I have no right to complain about a little tooth pain

Bad news, the river was flooded and we spent most of the weekend in the heat rescuing the dock.
    Good news: dock is safely ashore and the time spent working with our friends and family always brings us closer with great stories of the rescue.

Bad news: I nearly passed out from the heat in my cabin last night
    Good news: the heat was from the awesome dinner I made. Reuben's, tater tot waffles and fresh sweet corn boiled in milk and butter. My neighbor swore it was the best tasting corn ever. I would never waste the milk or butter to do it this way again, just saying. I really didn't see a big difference. But then again, I usually eat my corn without any butter or salt.
    End of report.

This will be a very busy week. We will be spending the entire week of the fourth at the cabin. Son and DIL will be there too. My DIL and I are going to have a Mexican fiesta either Saturday or Sunday. I am to make the tortillas, guacamole, chorizo, and tomatillo & pineapple salsa. There will be anywhere from 6-16 people coming for the weekend. We never know, folks just show up, and that is how we like it. I am going to talk some workout videos and try to get a couple workouts in.

Heard from Jeanette. She is doing well, Brian's job is getting better and all seems to be going fairly well. She just isn't ready to come back to MFP at the moment but thinks of you all.

Patti
  • cindyr619
    Good Morning Friends-
    The kids are married- all went better than expected although if looks could kill the one when I danced with my step son should have shot me straight to my grave- but not my issue her's.
    The book cover is out along with the back page- so happy there.
    Working on one FINAL look before sending it to the fairy formatting and I have officially fired the girls- in a very nice way but they both agree they are letting me down- so all is well there.
    Mom has arrived and starting to relax I think- so far I've cooked a couple of nice meals for them too. She wants to walk when I get home from work- not sure how she'll handle the heat since she lives in AC down south but we shall see. She will be 80 in January but she doesn't act like it - but you can see she is slowing down.
    Patti- you can still express your tooth pain - we know you aren't having a pity party- and you're a great support to your friend.
    Karla- so nice of you to take care of your dad's place for him- Izzy pics cute as usual.
    Janet- what is your next big adventure?
    Need to run but wanted to check in- I'm really going to do my best to get on plan today and start taking care of me.
    Hugs to all
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    edited June 2016
    Good Monday morning. It was a great trip back, but we were all tired and ready to be home. I am strapping back to my routine with my home, watering, laundry, pups, my breakfast and touching base with you!

TT: How has your summer eating and exercise plan progressed with the elevated temperatures? Are you enjoying new fruits? Swimming? Staying inside?

Patti- I saw your pictures on Facebook of your flooded dock. I feel the same as you do about not complaining about my eye when there are others that face much worst. I am going for a cleaning and evaluation of a cold sensation I am having in my upper right region. Ouch. This is tomorrow.

Cindy- I feel the similar stare when we are at family events when Glenn's exwife is there. She is not mean, but the man she cheated on Glenn with, and married, has passed away now and she is alone. Now she has to endure our blissful happiness. I am really against infidelity as I saw my mother do it to my father. Plus, it is just plain wrong.

Janet- How is your leg healing? I hope you hear good news on your car today.

I saw the most endearing picture of Jeanette's husband holding her youngest granddaughter on Facebook. I post comments to her there.

Mary Lynn- How are your stairs going?

I better get to work in my office. I also have to run pick up Brutus' antibiotics as the vet called late Friday and said he could use some for his infected teeth. She also said he had kidney disease and anesthesia wasn't recommended for his teeth. So we are not sure what to do to help him. First step is the meds though.

I'll check back later.

Karla
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today is going to be spent straightening up the house, running errands, etc.

TT: I actually eat better in the spring and summer. I definitely eat more fruits than normal. I exercise at the gym and walk at the mall (dislike treadmills) when it's really hot and muggy outside. I'm excited to get my black raspberries that I ordered from our local orchard. The days of bending over to pick berries is over for me I think. I eat them fresh.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    A quick hello before I go off to the doc for a tweak from my last surgery -- in-office stuff that may hurt for a few days but oh well. Leg healing well too - am down to a large band-aid now.

TT: I've been doing better. More fruit and perhaps I'll make some gazpacho this week. Have been uneven but better in eating, but I am outside even less in summer (sun sensitivity, heat sensitivity and loathing of humidity).

Patti, pain is pain, regardless of the source. Hope it stays sporadic.

Karla, glad you had so much fun.

Cindy, you triumphed -- that dance with your stepson had to put a grin on your face.

Bert, is the pool swimmable yet?

MaryLynn, did you and Myron build an entire castle this weekend? I know you could!

OK -- must get going. Had a protein shake but will eat more after doc. Have a great day!
  • luzingg
    Good Monday morning, we had storms last night so hope that helps with the humidity. It has been brutal all weekend. Lots of shopping today, need a few things at a lot of different stores plus groceries. Wish I could win a year's worth of Blue Apron, lol. My GF with cancer is getting 3 meals for 2 a week, one of her out of town friends has prepaid her subscription for the duration of her treatment. My GF says they are wonderful.
    She gets to pick her meals and they arrive super fresh in a well insulated container. Absolutely everything you need to make the meal is included, down to the seasonings, flavoring a and sauce. Also with large print, easy to follow instructions to prepare. My other GF is going to start ordering some for herself. Just something to keep in mind if you ever need to help someone out and are at a loss for how to assist.

TT: I always struggle more in the summer because of all the junk food floating around all the different cabins. I have yet to find a good alternative to chips. Popcorn is out because of my gum disease, those danged hulls give me fits. I do tend to be very active and drink lots of water. I am not one to stay indoors. I still go to the gym for at least 3 classes per week and have vowed to do some workouts at the cabin if we are there for more than a weekend. Taking my TRX to the cabin and have weights from 3-15 pounds, along with a workout routine for them, already there.

Karla, the pics from the zoo were adorable. Glad you spiffed up your Dad's place, I know it makes you feel better when his home is spic and span. So nice you had extra hands to help you.

Janet, good luck at the docs and so glad to hear your leg is healing so well. Hope this procedure is not too painful.

Cindy, so very proud of hiw you handled the wedding and your girls. I hope your time with your Mom brings some relaxation as you two enjoy each other's company. Loved the cover of R2R, didn't get a chance to read the whole blog yet. Ran out of service on the ride home so will get back to finish it today.

Mary Lynn, so what is next for Adam now that he won the contest?

Patti
  • luzingg
    Here is an interesting article from Shape magazine:
    SHOULD YOU TRIM YOUR LEAN ROUTINE
    .....researchers at Hunter College found that moderately active people-those who work out 3 to 4 times per week and get in their steps every day-burn about the same daily calories (up to 2600) as people doing a greater amount of activity. "your body seems to have a ceiling on how many calories in can burn in a day" explains Herman Pontzer, the lead author of the study. The theory is that while your body will incinerate big calories during a long work out, it might compensate by spending less energy the other 22 hours on behind the scenes processes,,like those that keep your organs humming. Any extra sweat sessions will still earn perks in fitness, strength and stamina, but cut yourself some slack if burning calories has you treadmilling overtime.

Just something to ponder.
    Patti
  • JP_in_KY
    Hi -- About due for a pill but wanted to check in. Had three areas (none visible when I am clothed) worked on today. Doc and assistant were fun while working and we had good music in the office too. They really make patients un-selfconscious -- even the unclothed "before" picture-taking. And you guys know I shy away from cameras! My leg is healing brilliantly -- even doc was impressed.

Had an ice cream cone on the way home -- was shaky from the procedures and having not eaten. I have crab cakes to fix later, with an easy salad.Am staying in tomorrow except to pick up Rx and maybe my car. Hoping to rest a lot for a couple of days. Plenty recorded to watch and I have "A Royal Affair" from Netflix to watch in case I need costume drama itch scratched. Watched "Jimmy's Hall" yesterday and liked it a lot - based on a true story and just a low-key film where the drama is about real people and nothing gets blown up.

Mostly I think I need a nap now! Have a good evening, everyone.
  • cindyr619
    Hi Ladies-
    Nice to see everyone-
    Karla- I am still eating to much and not really focused on the WL aspect of my life but I think about it a lot and I'm uncomfortable in my clothes- I was going to walk when I got home last night but I was ALONE- so I sat on the couch and did NOTHING- just listened to the quiet- very indulgent for 20 minutes and then it was time to start dinner as the people were filing in and stating "I"m hungry" So I take that as a victory for me- better than 3 minutes.
    Maybe I should get hypnotized so my stress goes away- lol
    Karla- welcome home and glad you too rise about the ex-wife nonsense
    Patti- I think we have your humidity- thank you dear friend for sending it to us.
    Janet- is this the last tweak? Rest today
    Bert- fresh berries- enjoy

Need to get back at it so I get the hour at lunch I need for writing things- until later.
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    Good quick check in. I have two doctor appointments today. I think I will try and see if I can get my massage in between them Glenn gave me a gift card for mothers day and I haven't used it yet. Dentist this morning and neurologist this afternoon. My eye is less dry than yesterday.

Cindy- All in due time to totally focus on your food intake. My suggestion is just to try and watch portion size for now and keep your water over 64 ounces. You have such a busy schedule and we women seem to put ourselves last.

Janet- You have definitely put yourself number one since your retirement when you finely got out from under all the long working hours. I remember how you used to work when we all first met. You rock now my dear. Isn't it nice? I was surprised that my brother Keith is bitter after a year of retirement. I think him being alone is ruining it for him. His relationship of eleven year broke up shortly before he retired.

I better get ready to head out.

Karla