TotalDetermination's journal

Replies

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    sunday was good.

(good just means that I am happy with my efforts - I've set the bar quite low but you have to start somewhere :smile: .)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    even a tiny step forward is progress
  • totaldetermination
    thanks @tcunbeliever. i am focusing on small (hopefully sustainable) steps.
    I remembered that when I first started on MFP it took me over a month to find my rhthym. so I am struggling through this with hope.

monday was good.

I had the courage to weigh myself this morning and it has gone down about 4 pounds (since round 2 began).

could be water weight, daily fluctuations or TOM but still its a good sign.

Also, my ticker is showing over 50 pounds lost (ie since the start of MFP) which is a nice psychological victory. I want to keep it there.

I feel I am ready to weigh myself daily. which should give me better feedback on how I'm going.
  • totaldetermination
    Tuesday and Wednesday were both good.
    Im excited to be weighing daily to have more accurate idea of my weight and any weight loss ( or gain).
  • totaldetermination
    I'm feeling quite proud of myself.

I received some bad news (nothing too serious, just a bit stressful). I went to the fridge to start eating (Im an emotional eater). I ate a few hundred calories. I stopped myself and took a carrot and a tomato out of the fridge. I decided if i was going to eat then it would at least be low calorie foods. I ate both. then i went back for more and ate a few hundred calories more of other food. I stopped myself again. I filled up a jug with water. If I have to 'eat' then its going to be water.

Im sitting here now with a jug of water.

The food will be my lunch, and my calories should be ok for the day.

good.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Way to manage the eating monster!!!
  • totaldetermination
    thanks @tcunbeliever.

The rest of the day (Thursday) went ok, so it ended up being a 'good' day.

Being able to turn the day around is a great psychological victory. It's 2 steps forward, 1 step back. but the forward steps are nudging ahead to a very positive and encouraging place.
  • totaldetermination
    Friday was good.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Total, good to see that you are back at it. I didn't think we would ever see you again on here which was sad because this is your group to start with.

Good job getting back at it, I am sure that you will be back to where you were before you know it. I am working at doing the same thing myself.

I will be checking in on here to see the progress you are making, keep it up!
  • totaldetermination
    edited June 2017
    hi @50extra, Nice to see you (and your progress).
    Its good to be back. and definitely helpful for keeping me on track.
    I injured myself, allowed myself to stop worrying about calories in vs calories out and gained about 30lb. At least you enjoyed yourself whilst gaining - mine was just plain miserable.
    so here i am because if I don't do something it will just keep going up and up...

Saturday was good.

@WifiresGettingFit Ive been using the hand measurements to give me an idea of reasonable portion sizes. Its really quite eye opening. when I get a chance Im going to look into it a bit more.
  • 50extra
    Well you have done it before so you know how to do it again. I'm sure that it will all become routine again soon enough.
  • totaldetermination
    Sunday was good
  • totaldetermination
    I now have a weeks worth of daily weigh-ins. I am interested to see what is happening with my weight at the moment.

According to my fitbit i am burning about 2000 calories per day.
    As for how much I am taking in - I am just trying to eat somewhere a little bit below what I think would be 'normal'. Its very much guess work, though i am trying to use the hand size portion measurement idea as a reference.
    In a way it was easier when I could measure and weigh everything because I didn't have to make any decisions. But it didn't teach me portion size - everything was ruled by the scale. So although this is harder if I can get it to work it will be better.
    Well, its the best I can do for now, anyway.

I feel like I am settling into a routine. and if i have to tweak it by reducing the size of my meals then I will do that but (fingers crossed) I should be able to find a way to make this work.
  • 50extra
    @totaldetermination would it be possible to eyeball the portion first and then quickly throw it into a measuring cup or on a scale afterwards? I would assume doing that would quickly force you to learn proper portion sizes?
  • totaldetermination
    @50extra - practically its a bit tricky at the moment. hopefully things will be a bit easier soon. but i am just trying to do the best i can at the moment.

I just weighed myself and was a bit surprised by the number so i weighed myself a second time and it was alot lower. so i tried about 5 more times and got 5 different numbers (its on tiles and flat) the scale has been a bit unpredictable lately so i think its time for a new one.
    Makes me doubt the last weeks worth of measurements i was so glad i had :neutral:.

I am wondering if i will be more or less on the new scale ?
  • 50extra
    Yes it definitely sounds like it's time for a new scale. I have two scales myself, I have one here in Russia and then one back in Canada. I like to consider the one in Canada my nice scale as it reads significantly lower than the one here. Significantly lower as in 4 or 5 pounds. I bought two of the exact same scales at the exact same time and they are that different.
  • totaldetermination
    I ate over again yesterday.
    My meals sizes were good but i had too many of them *sigh*.
    I was eating from boredom (and procastintaing) - not hunger. Every couple of hours I just kept going for more food.

Anyway today is a new day. and although I knew that I shouldn't keep going back, sometimes it feels that I have to actually make a mistake and see it through before I learn from it.

So (hopefully) this is me learning from my mistake.

2 steps forward and one step back. I will still get there.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    @totaldetermination Happy new day! You've got this!
  • totaldetermination
    thankyou @WifiresGettingFit :smile:

Today (Tuesday) was ok.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    @totaldetermination You're welcome and an okay day is better than a crappy day! Keep working at it!