totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    @WifiresGettingFit :smiley::smiley:

Friday was good.
  • totaldetermination
    Saturday was good
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Keep up the great work, you've got this!!
  • totaldetermination
    edited June 2017
    Sunday and Monday were both good.

Thanks @WifiresGettingFit - it seems to be slowly getting easier. It is becoming more of a habit to eat reasonable quantities. But I will have to reduce my calories to lose weight. Maybe one more week like this and then reduce it. At least I have stopped the gain that was creeping up on me, so even that is a big win.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    You don't have to reduce every day, particularly if that impacts adherence. You can reduce every other day or reduce 2 out of 3 days, whatever makes it easy to stick to is what will work the best long term.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @totaldetermination So glad to read that it's getting easier for you! Keep at it! =)
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    I agree with tcunbeliever, if you are having a problem with reducing the calories just do it every couple days. Look at your overall weekly calorie needs and plan from there. If you feel like you are depriving yourself day in and day out it makes it really hard to stay on track, its much easier to restrict one day knowing you don't have to the next.
  • totaldetermination
    Thanks for the really great advice to reduce calories every few days. I'm going to start with that.

Tuesday and Wednesday were both good.
  • totaldetermination
    Thursday and Friday were good.
  • totaldetermination
    Saturday was good.
    Sunday was good until the evening when I had a cookie. and then another. and then - well for me they're a bit like pringles - pretty hard to stop. So I finished the pack and it was 700 calories. I went for a walk for about 450 calories. so was only 250 calories over (my not very accurately measured day).

I've had a long run of 'good' days. so I still feel that I'm doing well. it was just a slip up but i know that i can bounce back.

Today is a new day. I'm sticking with the half breakfast plan.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Just keep moving forward, you've got this!
  • totaldetermination
    Monday was good - the half breakfast worked well.
    I'll do the same thing tomorrow.
  • totaldetermination
    Tuesday was good.
    There was some cake at work and I thought I'd best avoid it. I walked past several times and didn't take any. Then I decided to have just one tiny slice and that I wouldn't have any more after that. It worked and I didn't have any more. I guess that's good but actually I didn't want or need the cake. It was just habit and lack of control. So I'm a bit disappointed that I couldn't just say no.
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    By the sounds of it just having a small piece is something to be happy about. I imagine that there was a time when it might have been a large piece... or two. Don't let it get you down, there is no shame in having treats now and then.
  • totaldetermination
    Its been a good week - I have been working long hours to meet a deadline which means no time to eat too much.
  • totaldetermination
    Still doing well. I'm looking forward to the weekend and the break from work.
    I have a family event on Sunday and am going to let myself enjoy a few well-earned drinks even if it means going slightly over in calories for the day. I'm sure the weekly total should be ok.
  • PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    It's nice to have some leeway for special events. Have fun!