TotalDetermination's journal

Replies

• WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Slow and steady wins the race! (not that there is a race =P)
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Life is still very busy so the weight is still going down. I could try to improve on my weekend snacking but in all im happy, and i dont really feel motivated to change because its just too much effort and the improved rate of weight loss would not be big enough to justify the effort. I guess that the current plan is good (if not perfect) and seems to be sustainable (which perhaps makes it perfect :smile: )

Ive started to feel a little bit less uncomfortable about the way i look.
    Not actually comfortable but not so ashamed to see people who i havent seen for a couple of years. Im really happy about that.

I wish everyone a great new year and hope that we can all support each other to continue on our journeys.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    A good and sustainable plan sounds perfect to me! I'm glad to hear that things although busy are still good! =)

I hope you have a great new year! =)
  • totaldetermination
    so far so good.
    When it comes to weight loss, being busy seems to be an easy way to go for me:smile:.

Except that I actually prefer a slower paced life. oh well ! just do the best i can each day.
    At least the scale is going down.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    I also like a slower paced life haha but it's definitely easier for me to eat less when I'm heavily distracted. =P

I'm glad thinks are still going good! Awesome job! =)
  • totaldetermination
    life is slowing. yay !
    The habits I developed are sticking and I continue to be on plan. double yay ! (is that a thing ?)
  • totaldetermination
    I just looked back on my weight records:

In May 2016 after losing over 80 pounds on mfp and maintaining for over a year, my bmi was 21.
    I injured myself which affected how active I could be. I then stopped watching what I was eating.
    I gained about 40 pounds and in may 2017 my bmi was 28.
    I came back to mfp and lost a few pounds and then left mfp and gained it back and in mid June my bmi was back to 28.
    i came back to mfp and i have been losing weight very slowly since then and my bi is now 25. Just a few pounds to go before it is in the healthy range.

i have lost 15 pounds in 7 months - approximately 1/2 pound per week though the rate has not been consistent.

i am comfortable with how i look and feel but it is not as 'fabulous' as it felt when my bmi was much lower.
  • totaldetermination
    Losing the weight has been much harder this time because i haven't been as active. Also it hasn't been practical to weigh my food. Although i have a better knowledge of the calories in food, it has been like the old (pre-mfp) days where I just tried to eat less.
    Although I have managed to find eating plans that worked it has taken a constant effort to follow them. They didn't really become effortless habits the way they did the first time. I think this is partly because of the uncertainty of how many calories i was actually eating. So my eating pans weren't strict and i was tempted by the flexibility.
    The first time i lost the weight I really felt like I had changed as a person, especially becoming more active. Unfortunately now I dont feel that way at all. I feel like I can easily gain all the weight back and that even just maintaining is going to require an effort. My weight loss has been so slow that i have been almost maintaining, anyway. And it has been a constant effort.
    I know that i don't have a choice. I would rather make an effort to watch what i eat, than gain the weightback.
    Ideally I would like to find a way to develop habits to make it easier but i don't even know what concrete habits i need to develop. I know what i need to 'not' do. Eg no mindless snacking but that's not really a habit.
    i am going to keep going as i have been. I would be happy to lose another 20 pounds, but more importantly than that, i want to also try to find ways to make this more sustainable long term.
  • totaldetermination
    Two habits that I know work
    1. Keep updating my journal here.
    2. Weigh myself

At leat these keep me accountable.
  • totaldetermination
    The last few days have been good.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @totaldetermination Yay for good days! =)
  • totaldetermination
    @WifiresGettingFit thank you !

An Ununexpected celebration at work and I ate a few days worth of calories in just a few hours. I knew exactly what I was doing and just didn't care enough to stop. On the plus side I bounced back effortlessly and immediately to my usual state of 'this is hard but I can do it'. I am really happy about that.

So in all I would say a bit of a hiccup but still doing well.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @totaldetermination you're welcome! Awesome job on bouncing back!
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I feel like there will always be detours...the journey is long, and there will always be moments that go a bit off the rails...the key for me is to keep those moments infrequent, and to get back on the rails fast...so awesome work on bouncing back and getting right back into the groove of things!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    @totaldetermination How have you been doing? It's been a while since you've checked in!
  • totaldetermination
    Still getting by ok :smile: thanks for asking.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Glad to hear it! =)
  • totaldetermination
    I have noticed that this is gradually getting easier (though not easy !). Smaller meals and turning down some treats (while accepting others) is somehow becoming less of an effort.
    This means that I am no longer 'on guard', and today that was my down fall.
    I felt like eating and then I felt like a bit more. So I did. not recklessly but just not with any particular awareness either.
    Not loads of calories but still more than I should be having. In itself its not a problem but it was just really obvious to me that I have been able to become a bit lax and that actually that's not a great way for me to be.
    So time to get my focus back.

On the plus side, I have hit a healthy bmi. Yay !!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Yay, lots of good news in one post! =)