Tiffany's Progress Tracking

Replies

• totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Nice to end the month on such a high :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Thursday #257 - day was mostly good...combat in the morning, walking at lunch, was slack and didn't do abs...work was super stressful, so I ended up eating earlier and more than originally planned...I was mostly able to scale down dinner to compensate, but I did have a slice of carrot cake from the farmers market, so I was still a little over in calories, but within my +/-200 of goal.
  • tcunbeliever
    Friday #258 - totally badass, food on point, workout totally kicked *kitten*...just a great day!!!

Saturday #259 - didn't track food, but probably over on calories, so freaking hungry, not supposed to be an eat lunch day, but too hungry to resist, so had a couple philly rolls, but not over by much I think...also lots of driving and a couple hours of gardening which was pretty much a full body lifting workout with picking up everything and loading the truck, plus unloading everything, placing the raised beds, loading them with compost, planting, and topping with mulch, plus spreading mulch in the thin areas nearby...huge dinner afterward, crab cakes and bang bang shrimp - so YUM, plus half a bottle of wine, but just a small bottle.

Sunday #260 - way overslept, so had to load the truck in a hurry and hit the road...no hunger...and this is supposed to be an eat more day...so finally had a big lunch at 4pm at the ice rink, and a big dinner at 9pm after weights...probably in line on calories, or under, hopefully not too under.

So...the hunger thing...I think it may be either meal timing or hormones...lucifer's waterfall started sprinkling Saturday night and full on flowing by Sunday morning...hormones I can't really do anything about...but here's the other interesting thing I noticed...

Friday I had a small snack when I got home, then did a lot of weights, then had a light dinner, then did more weights, then had a snack after I was done with weights.

Saturday I was just super hungry by like 9 am I was just going crazy with hunger. Saturday after doing a very intense "routine" of gardening, I ate a big dinner.

Sunday I had like zero hunger all day long, which is unusual for that time of month, particularly on a day after a lot of activity that wasn't even a scheduled lifting day.

So, it seems like, I need to not just eat MORE on lifting days, but I need to eat a big meal AFTER I'm DONE lifting. That, hopefully, will tame the beast and keep the hunger away by somehow magically signalling my body that it was worked hard, but it was also fed well, so it can just shut the frack up.

I normally don't eat after 8pm, but I'm going to start just doing my lifting FIRST and then eating, even when that puts me way late for eating...and see how that goes in terms of controlling hunger.

On the plus side, for the most part this skipping lunch on the non-lifting days is going great...I like having a snack and then a big dinner and eating all my calories all at once, makes me fell all full and fat and happy.
  • tcunbeliever
    May in review:

I planned 53 workouts for May.
    I completed 31 of those planned workouts - the ones I missed were mostly abs and stretching, there was only one day that I missed my weight routine and that was the Friday of Memorial Day weekend.
    I completed an additional 11 unplanned workouts, mostly cardio and 1 glute routine.

Overall, May was solid...I did quick measurements on Saturday before heading out of town and I lost in my lower belly, so that's a good sign - I didn't have time to do full measurements but I'll get those at the end of June or something. I do feel like I struggled to keep eating under control for most of May, and also that I struggled to not drink all the freaking time...there were just so many celebratory days in the month, going to need to work on that.
  • tcunbeliever
    Monday #261 - Pretty good day...food was over in carbs and a bit under in protein, but calories were in line, so there's that...morning combat *on a MONDAY*, I like never combat on Mondays because I have to be at work an extra 30 min early and it's a struggle to get up that extra early time to workout, but I managed it...probably the first time since ballet started last September...plus, walking at lunch/breaks...and abs in the evening, another thing I haven't been good about doing on Monday, but got 'er done yesterday...no evening walking but that's because I had to hit the ballet store for recital supplies...it's almost recital time and that will be awesome because then ballet will be over for the season and I can go back to something approaching a more normal schedule.
  • tcunbeliever
    Tuesday #262 - good day, not perfect...food was probably on point, we had the sports banquet tonight, so I just had to guesstimate the food...combat in the morning, walking at lunch, glutes in the evening, I was supposed to do upper body too, but my carpal tunnel is acting up, so I'm taking the night off of upper body...with any luck tomorrow I can fill in with the upper body.

Got kind of craving in the evening...not hungry, quite full, but wanting *something*...opted for raspberry tea instead...yay me!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Wednesday #263 - ok day...didn't exercise in the morning, but walked on my breaks...no walking at lunch since I had lunch with a friend on maternity leave...made good lunch choices, and not terrible choices at happy hour in the evening...not great, protein was low, and carbs were over, but calories were on target, so that's good...feeling kinda sluggish and sleepy, probably from all the carbs...probably going to do an omad day to help clear out the system and get back on target.
  • tcunbeliever
    Thursday #264 - today was pretty darned on point...it's hard for me to have those on the low calorie days, but I did a pretty epic job...could have had more protein, but carbs were good despite a lot of salad, and my protein was OK, just not as high as I would like...of course, I did not exercise other than walking...I'm supposed to be focusing more on getting all the abs done this month, and I can't say I'm starting with a bang...at all...need to get more on that...I normally don't try to make up missed workouts, but maybe I need to...maybe that would be the incentive I need to get them done on-schedule, because fitting in extras later is super hard!
  • tcunbeliever
    Friday #265 - solid day, it was a high calorie day, so easier to stay in goal...did combat in the morning, walking on breaks, had soup for lunch, double cheeseburger extra cheese for dinner, glutes/back&biceps/more glutes, and wine for dessert...pretty on-target, but kind of feeling blah about life the universe and everything...
  • tcunbeliever
    Saturday #266 - probably an ok day...I didn't track...got the child to ballet and walked for a fun and beautiful 90 min then ran to Lidl and shopped...got home and made dip for D&D, and ate half a bagel with cream cheese (Lidl has the most delicious bakery bagels in the freaking universe)...went to D&D, ate some chips/dip (but not a lot) and some "crack" which is a peanut, almond, raisin, cashew, m&m trail mix blend that is FABULOUS...then had one small plain sushi roll for dinner plus a very small glass of shiraz which was delicious...I didn't track, but I didn't go crazy and I feel like I probably kept it in line...no additional exercise since I arrived home at midnight.
  • tcunbeliever
    Sunday #267 - first of all, I stay on track SO MUCH BETTER when I keep up with this dumb diary, it's such a stupid little thing just popping on to update on my day, but it just somehow makes it more REAL and keeps me FOCUSED.

Today was good...food was on point, I even have some wine and still within goal...I did over an hour of weights (glutes/chest/back)...an hour of gardening, I did have to keep taking breaks because I was so physically exhausted after weights, and I managed to smack my forehead on a low hanging branch because I'm a genius...then walked for half an hour while the girl was taking her ice skating lesson...then did half an hour of yoga, pilates, and foam rolling in the evening...which was when I decided I had earned some wine and opened the chambourcin...yay me!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Monday #268 - today was a good day...I did my morning combat, and my lunch time walking, but totally wimped out on abs in the evening due to hunger and having to cook.

Today was the LAST ballet Monday of the season, so the last time I have to get up at 4:30am instead of 5am - I'm totally going to enjoy the extra 30 min of sleep!

I skipped lunch, as planned, had my planned ham/cheese snack when I got home from work...then after ballet I was looking forward to abs and then dinner...but when I got home there was no dinner...it's 8pm and my "darling" husband did not cook dinner WHICH IS HIS FRACKING JOB ON BALLET NIGHTS...I was super pissed, and super bitchy, and I didn't even get to stay mad at him because he totally apologized and was being a reasonable human being...then I was irritated because he was being so nice....but I did feel better after eating...<sigh>...it was just super crappy to be eating dinner so late and to have to cook it myself so late at night...I went to bed early since I was super tired, so no time for abs, I was still pretty stuffed at 9:30 when I trundled off to bed.
  • tcunbeliever
    Tuesday #269 - mediocre day...no combat in the morning, walking on breaks but not lunch due to a team lunch, glutes and walking in the evening...didn't do my upper body weights because I didn't get home from track practice until after 9pm and I ended up eating dinner and heading to bed...I did eat all the food I was supposed to eat, so that's a bonus...and next weight day isn't until Friday, so in theory I can do upper body tonight...however, tonight is the meeting for jury duty, so again, I have no idea when I'll be getting home...maybe I won't hit so much traffic and I can do it before I go.
  • tcunbeliever
    Wednesday #270 - today was pretty badass, actually...walking at lunch, chest/shoulder/triceps before and early dinner, had to go to a jury duty meeting, then after I got home I did more glutes...I did skip the scheduled yoga/pilates, but that's ok, I'd rather make up the weights I missed...PLUS - HUGE BONUS...even though I was quite hungry, I kept everything food related totally on plan and did zero extra snacking!!!

TA DAAAAAA!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Thursday #271 - today was a hungry day...and I worked around it all day long and did really well right up until evening...3 glasses of wine later...at least all I ATE that was extra was a yogurt...usually when I start drinking I go super crazy with the carby snacks, but this time I was pretty good, I just had the one extra yogurt.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Only one extra yogurt is definitely a win. I hope you had a good weekend and I look forward to seeing your update!
  • tcunbeliever
    Friday #272 - I think I mostly ate on plan, I don't think I logged dinner...walked while the boy child ran.

Saturday #273 - didn't log, and ate a lot of food because it was run run run all day.

Sunday #274 - didn't log, but other than wine I ate on-plan, so should be fine.

My girlfriend is coming tonight to spend a week with me, so I'm totally excited to be going to the beach and spending some time catching up with her, haven't seen her in a year...not sure how the food thing is going to go...there will likely be wine at night with dinner...but a glass or two a day is not the end of the world.

I will try to at least log food...much of it depends on if that stupid app is behaving on my phone, I'm usually a web gal, but the web version is just not doable on my little phone.
  • tcunbeliever
    Monday #275 - food was pretty good, except for the after dinner wine...that put me about 400 cal over loss values, but still 300 cal under maintenance...

Since I'm not going to be lifting while at the beach, I'm going to try to stick to 1200 calories a day and keto.

Keto should be easy to stick to because I LOVE fresh steamed seafood...and if I stick to just eating a snack and dinner, then I'm hoping to keep to the 1200 cal.

Going with a friend that has little ones, and they all eat like 3x/day where I only eat 1x/day and my daughter 2x/day...hopefully everyone can just eat and it won't be an issue that some are eating and some are not...little ones can be so odd.
  • tcunbeliever
    Tuesday #276 - dude, I am so tired today...got up early, but didn't get to workout since I had houseguests...did my lunch walk, and it was super hot like sweaty ball soup so that just kind of sapped my energy instead of restoring it like walking usually does.

Now it's almost home time and I can't wait because nothing at work is working and there's just no reason for me to be all stressed out before vacation.

Dinner is planned, food should be on pointe today, so that's cool!!! We will be heading to the beach immediately after dinner and won't arrive until late, and then I have to deal with a house with no AC left on and a freezer/refrigerator that I'm told wasn't working...<sigh>...needless to say, I won't be updating anything tonight.

I'll try to at least key food and a few words here...if I can borrow my daughter's tablet you might get more detailed updates, but typing on the phone is bleah!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Safe travels! Happy vacation!