focus on keeping carbs and fat under

not going to fret if protein or calories go over
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I survived a low calorie day!!!

And I did my 3 rounds of glutes!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Saturday was a high calorie day...2 rounds of glutes, plus most of my upper body, carpal tunnel got the best of me and I skipped the last set, but I knew it was coming and did all my sets full out until my wrists couldn't take it any more, so I feel good about how much work I got done...and food was on target, which is always nice!
  • tcunbeliever
    Sunday we got 11 1/2 inches of snow - it was so pretty, and I totally turned it into a drinking day...started with irish coffee and then cider around dinner and then hard lemonade for dessert....reuben soup for dinner...not much eating beyond dinner and some snowcream, but probably still way over on calories just from the alcohol...no, I didn't log and no, I didn't workout.

Monday I did not go to work and I did not workout, but I didn't drink all day either and I didn't eat more than was probably within plan, though I still didn't log...I spent the whole day cleaning windows, they were gross and probably haven't been cleaned since spring 2017 when I last did an all-day window cleaning thing...lunch was a bowl of leftover reuben soup...dinner was steak, fried onions, and brussel sprouts...also made corn and mac & cheese but I didn't eat any of that and I only ate about half my steak...I did have a glass of wine with dinner and a couple cups of irish coffee, but all in all it was pretty in line.
  • tcunbeliever
    Tuesday, morning combat, lots of walking, happy hour, and glutes in the evening...so, calories still a bit over but activity level high, and that's good enough for today!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Wednesday...walking and a round of glutes...lower back is a bit sore, but I think that's because I was trapped in my cube all day and didn't get anywhere near as much chance to take a break and move around...ate at maintenance and really shouldn't have, I'm supposed to be trimming up in December, not just maintaining...tonight is dress rehearsal, so not sure if I will get exercise time in or not, but should get plenty of walking...maybe I can pace while the girls are dancing????
  • tcunbeliever
    Thursday...had a surprise lunch out with a coworker, we tried a new place and it was super underwhelming, but it was still nice to get taken out for a late birthday celebration...and she's a walker, so we fit in some walking after lunch as well as some walking on breaks...had to leave early to get the dance girl and get her to dress rehearsal, we were there from 5:30-9 last night, but I made use of what time I had available walking the halls and stopping in the room to do squats, deadlifts, plie squats, and marching...no weights, but activity is activity...I ended up with like 11K steps, so about the same as I normally walk when I do a 3 mile lunch walk, which makes me happy...I was very proud of myself and I didn't count how many round of squats and stuff I did, but I could feel my quads when I was walking up the stairs this morning, so it was worth something and worked something, and it was way better than just sitting around being bored...I also did lots of errand running, and helping random girls with their hair and such, so I was useful to the production as a whole.
  • tcunbeliever
    I forgot to mention that I totally stuck to the food plan for yesterday...on a low calorie day...yay me!!!

I STUCK TO THE FOOD PLAN ON A LOW CALORIE DAY

I feel like that should be celebrated since that has been a struggle for me this month.

Also, I think I'm going to tweak my plan again...I was going to do Arnold's workout Jan - Mar and eat unlimited protein while restricting only carbs and fat...but since I'm still kind of fluffy in the belly and I don't want to have more than 10 lbs to lose, I think I'm just going to do that for Jan and then switch back to calorie restriction for Feb...then maybe alternate through May...June is the start of beach season, so that's always a bit of a crap shoot in the planning arena...but I'm totally looking forward to doing measurements and photos at the end of the year and starting a muscle building routine again...it's not just the extra food...I promise!!!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    THAT'S AWESOME!!! WAY TO GO!!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Friday I did it again!!!

I STUCK TO THE FOOD PLAN ON A LOW CALORIE DAY!!!

Helped in part by my lunch date cancelling and me making the good choice to just have a salad, and I did lots of walking but nothing else due to the performance...which was super cute and came off nicely.
  • tcunbeliever
    Saturday/Sunday...I think I did pretty good, but I didn't track as I was just feeling a bit lazy...I should go back and log that just to get an approximation.
  • tcunbeliever
    ok, so eff that...I totally need to plan way better...Saturday was at maintenance, Sunday was over maintenance due to wine mostly...<sigh>...Saturday was no working out, but very active around the house and some minimal walking...Sunday was upper body and I did the whole thing except the plyo pushups, I always skip those because they kill my wrists, and I'm not entirely sure that kind of force on your shoulder is a good idea at my age anyway...but I did make it though everything else, and I went up on many of the weights - yay me!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    I fixed my wine entry based on the actual brand I was drinking, so yesterday's damage wasn't so bad after all...within goal for a maintenance day.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Yay for upping the weights!
  • tcunbeliever
    Monday - I had a low calorie day and I stayed within goal...

I also kind of already tweaked my goals for January, but even based on my old goals (which are on paper and taped to the side of my desktop tower) I was still on target.

I figure with the holidays coming up I would go ahead and adjust the goals...I have a calorie goal, but not really because with the intense lifting I'm not going to worry about calories...I will keep my carbs under target, and my fat under target, but I'm going to allow protein to go over if needed to feel satisfied...I'm also planning to go straight carnivore in January, so trying to lean more and more in that direction for the rest of December.

Workouts were just combat in the morning...and some walking on breaks...we decorated for christmas in the evening, so no working out time, but the house is so pretty and nice!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Tuesday - I kinda survived another low calorie day...I'm not good at these, and starting in January I'm going to be targeting only fat/carbs and eating protein to my hearts content...so, I have my eggs/cheese for lunch, but by the time I got home I was SOOOOO HUUUUUNGRY, so then I ate a bunch of kielbasa, which I'm cool with since it's mostly protein and that's within future goals even if I didn't bother logging in advance...ended the day 210 cal over, usually I allow +/-200, so that's pretty close to within goal...the fat was a bit over because kielbasa is a fatty meat...I'm going to need to keep hot dogs or something thawed out so I have like ready snacky protein for when I walk in the door ravenous.

Also, today's lunch is 6 eggs not 4 since clearly 4 was not enough to hold me until dinner.

Workouts were walking and a round of glutes, which was cool other than making my carpal tunnel flare up...<sigh>...I was going to go up on weights, but I think the new version is 5 sets of 12 instead of 3 sets of 15, so that will probably naturally force me to lower weights a bit due to increased reps. We will see!
  • tcunbeliever
    Wednesday...only walking for a workout, and about 400 cal over goal due to a lovely birthday dinner out...I enjoyed it and had a couple glasses of wine and I'm totally excited to have a new japanese restaurant that I love!!!
  • tcunbeliever
    Thursday...walking, plus 2 rounds of glutes..plus, best of all...

I STAYED WITHIN MY CALORIE GOAL ON A LOW CALORIE DAY

taaa daaa

I was a carnivore day too, so that was cool
  • tcunbeliever
    Posting the plan for January...it looks like a lot, but the plank challenge is only 2 minutes per day, and the abs challenge should be about the same...I just like to have them in writing so I can mark them off and feel good about accomplishing things. The Arnold workouts are going to be the hard ones...not sure how long they will take, but I'm guessing an hour each.

jn53srcd9mvj.png
  • tcunbeliever
    Friday - no workouts except some walking, but calories within goal for a high calorie day.

Saturday - way over on calories, but totally rocked the Arnold workout as a test...so I have kind of baseline weights to start with and now I know that the workout will take approximately 90 min...ugh...not sure how I'm going to fit that in, it's going to be hard.