QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!

Options

Replies

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Silly question: How does each team get bonus points? Do we achieve it as a team or does each member achieve it going after 1000 miles?
  • hawkins410
    hawkins410 Posts: 2,105 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Silly question: How does each team get bonus points? Do we achieve it as a team or does each member achieve it going after 1000 miles?
    It is a team effort to achieve as many minutes/miles as possible each week. There are no bonus points for 1000 minutes/miles! It is just a target some of us shoot for to try to get as many minutes as possible for our team (and our bodies!) before the maximum weekly cut-off (of 1000 minutes/player/week). The bonus points come into play only AFTER a team reaches the destination. At that time, for every 10% THE TEAM accumulates over the destination mileage, the team receives 10 extra points. The spreadsheet automatically factors it in. B)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,372 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    It is a team effort to achieve as many minutes/miles as possible each week. There are no bonus points for 1000 minutes/miles! It is just a target some of us shoot for to try to get as many minutes as possible for our team (and our bodies!) before the maximum weekly cut-off (of 1000 minutes/player/week). The bonus points come into play only AFTER a team reaches the destination. At that time, for every 10% THE TEAM accumulates over the destination mileage, the team receives 10 extra points. The spreadsheet automatically factors it in. B)

Thanks for the quick reply!!!!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    But to be even more clear...once a person gets their max of 1000 exercise minutes, it no longer counts toward the team total of minutes for that week, so those people can't help their team get more bonus points by getting more minutes over the 1000, correct? Those minutes after a 1000 only count toward personal placement not toward the team total.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @b3achy: That is correct. If you refer to the spreadsheet, you will see the two separate columns.
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    hawkins410 wrote: »
    @b3achy: That is correct. If you refer to the spreadsheet, you will see the two separate columns.

Thanks for verifying.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if this has been asked yet, but does vigourous house cleaning count? I wouldn't count my everyday cleaning and such, but I had a day of pretty intense house cleaning, moving furniture and scrubbing floors.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    I am not sure if this has been asked yet, but does vigourous house cleaning count? I wouldn't count my everyday cleaning and such, but I had a day of pretty intense house cleaning, moving furniture and scrubbing floors.
    If your day was an unusual occurrence and if you would count it as "exercise" in your MFP diary even if you weren't in any type of challenge, then YES, do count it! Just remember to subtract any down time, such as coffee breaks, texting fun, phone calls, that sort of thing. Thank you for asking! :)
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    Awesome!!! Thanks for your answer!!! :)
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    So I just tried to look at the spreadsheet and it says I need permission to access it ???? I got into it earlier so I am not understanding the problem.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So I just tried to look at the spreadsheet and it says I need permission to access it ???? I got into it earlier so I am not understanding the problem.

Spreadsheet closed for the week about 40 minutes ago (9 pm CDT) . Will reopen after Mission Enforcer makes the transition for the next destination.
  • hawkins410
    Options
    The spreadsheet closes at 9:00 P.M. PDT on Sunday Evenings! If you tried to access after that, it was shut down while this next week is being prepared.
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options

The spreadsheet basically is closed for a period of time as Mission Enforcer preps it for the new week. He will post later this morning when it is back up.
  • smile_laughter
    smile_laughter Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    I saw that in week 3, we are not to put links of videos in threads. For the last 2 weeks, I have picked 1 video to put in my news thread to encourage others who are not in this challenge to try something new. I haven't copied anything else.....just 1 video link. May I still do this?
  • lbenson2006
    lbenson2006 Posts: 3,372 Member
    Options
    For the radio calisthenics, we do not have to do all the videos at least once during the 5 day period, correct? So for example, if I really love the first two I do on day one, I could do this same exact combo for four more days and would be able to get the challenge points?? Thanks!
  • hawkins410
    Options
    @biketheworld: Duomo Arigatou! I hope you enjoy Kyoto! :)
  • hawkins410
    Options
    I saw that in week 3, we are not to put links of videos in threads. For the last 2 weeks, I have picked 1 video to put in my news thread to encourage others who are not in this challenge to try something new. I haven't copied anything else.....just 1 video link. May I still do this?
    We would love to have you post the challenge videos on your News Feed! That way I will know you find them useful enough to share!

We are only asking that the challenges not be summarized on the TEAM THREADS so much that there is no reason for the players to even visit the Weekly Announcement.
    So, carry on! :)

• hawkins410
    Options
    For the radio calisthenics, we do not have to do all the videos at least once during the 5 day period, correct? So for example, if I really love the first two I do on day one, I could do this same exact combo for four more days and would be able to get the challenge points?? Thanks!
    Yes! Any combo, any order. I like the one with all the different people doing it (the fourth one). They all look so happy! So I will probably do that one most of the time. :)
  • Joanna2012B
    Options
    A Question for this weeks challenge 3....can we eat back some of our exercise calories or do we have to be under our set # of calories? My workouts are very intense most of the week and I tend to eat some of my calories back, which always puts me over my set calories, however, leaves me under my calories.