2017--This Year is Our Year!!!

Options

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,790 Member
    Options
    I had the dentist yesterday. We drove to CT starting at 9 and got there around 1. My appointment was at 2 and DH's was at 3. I'm getting a crown for my implant and he needed a filling. We stopped at Whole Foods on the way back. They used to have a great selection of GF products from their own bakery. We only found scones and pies. We had no interest in the pies. They used to have bread, rolls, muffins and biscuits. I wonder if the lack of selection is related to Amazon buying Whole Foods. We'd found a very skimpy selection in a different Whole Foods several weeks ago but thought it was just that store. Now I'm thinking they've discontinued some of DH's favorite baked goods. We got home around 9 and slept in this morning because we were so tired.
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    Options
    Helene--There is some arthritis in the hand but the x-rays appeared to indicate some bones were dislocated. As a result, I was told to see an ortho for a final opinion. I fell on my left side about two weeks ago.

It sounds as if you had a very long day. Sorry that the Whole Foods didn't work out. I don't know if it is an Amazon acquisition issue or the reality some stores just simply quit carrying certain products.

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Opinion piece - real losers in the amazon/whole foods merger:http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/29/opinions/amazon-whole-foods-perrone-opinion/index.html
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Isn't that the standard line given that no one "will lose jobs?"

This has been six days of being on plan if you call coming in at 1200 calories on plan.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    One of my biggest problems with all the challenges on the old NS board was me insisting on defining "100% on plan" myself. The long long ago origin of this group was a few folks who felt the same. So please DO define being "on plan" in your own way. LOL!!!!!

While working in a grocery store is probably not anyone's dream job working in an amazon warehouse - where if amazon has its way we'll all be getting our food - apparently is hell on earth. Even if they were to promise no job loss the jobs they might make available could be awful.

• mdubbs1
    Options
    Jean - I was reading what came through on my professional feed yesterday and this headline made me think about your area and it's grocery issues: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/29/upshot/theres-only-one-grocery-store-in-most-rural-areas-should-we-expect-two-health-insurers.html?_r=0
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Lost 4 pounds last week.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Jean - WAY TO GO!!! You definitely are back on the bandwagon. :)
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne--We mentioned "what is 100% on plan;" I think it depends upon what we plan and not that of some company. We know best what works for each of us. If I don't have something I really enjoy, then I will break over and indulge big time. As a result, I will permit myself once a week to eat out, or have some food I enjoy that might be considered a "no no," but stop with that serving. Yesterday, I had a reuben combo from Arby's; love their reubens!!
  • KonaKat
    Options
    I am having breakfast of Quaker weight control oatmeal with blueberries added. Those are healthy little things so I'm starting to eat them more often.

https://authoritynutrition.com/10-proven-benefits-of-blueberries/
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    My scale read the same today as last Monday. Oh, well....

I've been working on miscellaneous chores since Friday afternoon. Chugging away through my list. I'm making good progress so far. Took a break this morning to take Lola to the vet. She goes about every 6 months so they can make sure her mouth/teeth don't get too bad.

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,790 Member
    Options
    I agree with Jean;s explanation of what is on plan. We make our own plans and stick to them as much as possible. That could include planning in some treats like eating out now and then. Being off plan si when you ignore what you've set out and just any and all things just because they are there. They are not factored into doing something in moderation. It's just a binge. So I's say, with the loss you have going, you are on the Maryanne plan and it's working.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Maryanne---It is frustrating but perhaps your body is taking a rest before it begins losing again.

Helene--Goog explanation of "on plan" and examples.

I went to the city to visit a friend recovering from back surgery. I had lunch at home before going and passed on eating or drinking anything in the city but waited until I got home to fix dinner.
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Have a great 4th of July.

Started the day with Quaker Weight Control oatmeal with half cup of blueberries added.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Have a great 4th of July!

I'm planning eggs/toast for breakfast. Just saute'ing (sp?) vegetables makes me feel like a chef (yeah, I'm easy).

Then I need to feed the colonies.

Then I'm going to spend the day trying to catch up on CROM's accounts.

Living the dream. LOL!
  • KonaKat
    Options
    I'm having a Smart Ones Chicken Oriental for lunch. The picture on the package shows all this chicken, which has gone into hiding in mine.
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    Monday evening I had the NS chicken vegetable stir fry. Awful. And strange. This evening I had the Healthy Choice Simply stir fried rice (chicken, vegetables, rice, sesame sauce). Definitely better than the NS (although I realize that's not saying much).
  • KonaKat
    Options
    Good morning. I've been up since 6am. Since it is now 7:50am, I guess I should start thinking about being productive.

I had Quaker Weight Control oatmeal with the last of the blueberries for breakfast. I'll be buying more but I won't be buying the Smart Ones Oriental Chicken again. The sodium in it compared to Lean Cuisine was outrageous also.

Have a great day!
  • mdubbs1
    Options
    I've been fighting the computer today for some reason. Hopefully everything back "on" now.

I watched the CNN special on the Eighties - the technology episode. I remember that so well. I wonder if younger folks today will ever have a period where they live through so many amazing changes.

Had a shelf stable day today, starting with JC oatmeal (and raisins), JC soup, NS mac n cheese and chili, mixed and halved (other half tomorrow), and JC kettle corn and yogurt "dream bar". Not the protein of a packet day but variety!