2017--This Year is Our Year!!!

Replies

• mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    edited September 2017
    (Not sure why the photo ended up in a different post than these words).

Our most recent rescue/adoptee. I think folks could make this into a lot of funny memes.

This very sick girl showed up in Lil's yard. She's now all fixed up and headed for a new home. Our biggest problem was that even though she'd never been spayed she had a microchip! We were terrified someone was going to demend her back. BUT there was no response from the original owners, thank goodness. We FINALLY got it transferred to us yesterday and were able to approve an adoption. I LOVE her new family. It's been awhile since I've been this excited about a new family.

• mdubbs1
    x0oxaux7817n.png
  • Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    Keep those cat pictures coming. DH and I got a good laugh from them. These days, we need all the laughs we can get.
  • mdubbs1
    zcp97tmp44dk.png
  • mdubbs1
    wphqacbbayji.png
  • mdubbs1
    v4ebt0e4x0hx.png
  • mdubbs1
    sb7l77w3r4st.png
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    New month!! Where has time gone? The older I get the faster time passes. I woke up to 37 degrees this morning.

We will only have 2-1/2 days in Seattle. We cut the number of days we were going to spend in Puerto Rico in order to make the ticket the same cost as the Puerto Rico ticket. Seattle starts "rolling up the sidewalk" for activities in early October. We had 5 days planned in Puerto Rico.

Some good tours in Seattle are completely eliminated; others are reduced to once a day with the times often overlapping so you can't do more than one a day. We aren't staying in the main city because of the cost but staying at an airport hotel.

I really wished the airline had given us a refund instead of making us hunt for a place to use the ticket at the same cost and one that we had not visited. An online acquaintance who moved to the Seattle area is joining us on Saturday. We had to use the ticket in the same time frame as my niece could not change the time for the vacation., At least, we are not losing the money of the ticket.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Jean, will you have a car in Seattle? If so, there are lots of things you can do on your own instead of taking tours. If you haven't already gotten one, get a guidebook for the area and you can figure out what interests you most. I usually check out several from the local library to decide which one I might want to purchase or borrow again for the trip. I think Pike Place Market is a must see, and I'd really encourage you to take one of the ferries over to one of the islands. You can walk on most, if not all, of them and many of the San Juan islands are small enough to be walkable as well. Whidbey island and Orcas island are both very interesting. I believe the Space Needle is fairly close to Pike Place Market, so you could easily see both the same day. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy some nice weather, but it may be fairly cold and rainy at that time of the year so I'd recommend layers and rain gear or all-weather outer clothing.
  • KonaKat
    Pam--We will not have a car. I've spent a lot of time looking at things to do. I was told by people there that it is easier to take the light rail than to deal with the traffic and parking. The friend that will be meeting us will have a car. I really enjoy professional tours on the first time in a strange place as the information given by the tour guide is very insightful.
  • KonaKat
    A sad day but likely not the last one. Where people gather together there is always the risk of some demented person trying to take them out.
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - I watched the two-hour season opener of Grey's Anatomy and thought of you as they were showing things like the Space Needle and the ferries.
  • mdubbs1
    c2pdmmfxcafs.png
  • mdubbs1
    edited October 2017
    All the other boxes were too big:

53ntbh201n7v.png
  • mdubbs1
    ty0ps8pt0xn8.png
  • Helene610
    mdubbs1 wrote: »

53ntbh201n7v.png

Trying to squeeze into something one size too small. LOL
  • Helene610
    edited October 2017
    ty0ps8pt0xn8.png

If I stare at it long enough, it will stretch to four feet size. Good thing I'm patient.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »

53ntbh201n7v.png

Trying to squeeze into something one size too small. LOL

Been there, done that!
  • KonaKat
    Love your all's captioning of the cat pictures. I'm too tired to be witty. I spent the day as a special ed teacher with no break. I had two K students who were autistic with one of them with a feeding tube. Both of the autistic students appear to be very smart but just can't communicate, etc.
  • Helene610
    How sad for those students and their families. A friend that I met on NS nine years ago had an autistic son. He was 6 at the time. I don't know what kind of interventions he had but e seems like a normal 17 year old. He asked me to be FB friends so I see the sports and music items he posts. he seems to have a lot of friends as well. He recently organized some kind of a fund raiser. I'm happy for him and his family that things have turned out so well for them. I hope your students find ways to communicate and have happy lives too.