2017--This Year is Our Year!!!

Replies

• Helene610
    Helene610 Posts: 2,829 Member
    The graphic was about a dog park which was going to get built. and it was going to be a really, really good dog park. There's a photo of a really cute but serious looking dog. You scroll to the bottom and it say and the cats are going to pay for the dog park. It was so Trumpesque! We watched the new NCIS last night. it's DH's favorite show. We should have gone back to the last show of last season. The promos said 2 agents were missing and I asked DH who was missing? Either we didn't see that episode or we forgot it.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,645 Member
    Helene - I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who forgot some of that last year's NCIS episode!
  • mdubbs1
    There are different versions floating around of that meme:

g8z8stls6x3p.png
  • mdubbs1
    ltwlu2r95dyr.png
  • mdubbs1
    8lnr2rn3imet.png
  • mdubbs1
    I currently have several dozen small stuffed Grumpy Cats in my car. We ran out at the last cat show and I had trouble tracking them down but finally found some!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    edited September 2017
    I have a stuffed Grumpy Cat that was given to me for my birthday a year or two ago.

I've been busy and tired as well as forgetful about posting. I did manage to get my ticket changed to another destination without a $200 ticket change fee each despite the travel date being outside the "required" travel window. I checked the airline flight status online yesterday and found that 2/3's of the flights scheduled to Puerto Rico yesterday actually departed and landed there. We are now going to Seattle only because we have never been there but also because the ticket cost was almost the same as the ticket to Puerto Rico. We had to keep the new flight within the same time window as my niece could not reschedule her vacation time.
  • mdubbs1
    Jean - I'm sorry you won't get to Puerto Rico (this year) but glad you were able to reschedule!

Today I need to feed the colonies, go to the grocery store and then work! Daggone that need to make a living anyway. LOL!
  • mdubbs1
    7kaken0vy5at.png
  • Helene610
    I'm glad you were able to reschedule without penalty. Seattle sounds like a good place to visit. If you take your passports, you could probably take a quick trip to Canada. That whole area is supposed to be pretty scenic. Even though the airlines are landing most PR flights, I'd think they be lambasted if they were flying vacationers into a disaster area and adding to the crush of people trying to leave. PR nightmare for them. I would think the only people going there are relief workers and people looking for their families.

• Helene610
    Thanks for the Survivor links. I really wanted Alan gone because he's such a bully. And I think he was faking paranoia. I think he just wanted to plant his suspicions all over the tribe. I was surprised Chrissy didn't save Katrina but Ashley would have gone home. And Katrina's comments about the editing making them seem like allies was interesting. I did they they were allied plus I thought keeping Katrina as a buffer might keep Chrissy in longer. But maybe not after reading the commentaries.
  • PamS53
    PamS53 Posts: 1,935 Member
    Seattle is a fun place. DH spent two years there while I was in grad school and I was able to visit a few times. I really enjoyed taking ferries over to some of the San Juan islands, and visiting Pike Place Market is a must see. We also enjoyed driving east about 2 hours to a town called Leavenworth, which is like a Bavarian Christmas village. The drive is very scenic and the town was fun to shop. If it's open, the North Cascades Highway is a beautiful drive, but it closes over the winter. I'm not sure when it closes, however. You'll have a great time! Of course, the food is fantastic, too.
  • mdubbs1
    Helene610 wrote: »
    Thanks for the Survivor links. I really wanted Alan gone because he's such a bully. And I think he was faking paranoia. I think he just wanted to plant his suspicions all over the tribe. I was surprised Chrissy didn't save Katrina but Ashley would have gone home. And Katrina's comments about the editing making them seem like allies was interesting. I did they they were allied plus I thought keeping Katrina as a buffer might keep Chrissy in longer. But maybe not after reading the commentaries.

I had the same reaction to Chrissy not saving Katrina. Surprise that she didn't do it; then reading the commentary and going "oh yeah I see that side".

• mdubbs1
    9pb5mw3ff4un.png
  • mdubbs1
    66omiiwuross.png
  • Helene610
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    9pb5mw3ff4un.png

I can relate to this one. I'vr troed a couple of diets where I counted the minutes to the next meal.
  • KonaKat
    mdubbs1 wrote: »
    9pb5mw3ff4un.png

I love this! A picture is definitely worth a thousand words....or more!!
  • mdubbs1
    9u4ukr9bp4l8.png
  • KonaKat
    Maryanne--I love these fat cat pics!!! They have made my day!!

Omaha Steaks had a free shipping offer, so I ordered 48 steakburgers from them. I really like these burgers.