No F-Ups February 2017 Week 1 (2/1-2/7)

Options

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Today was maaaaahvelous!
    I didn't hiit, figured I needed a break, but I did get in a good walk, plus I walked up and down our hill, backwards as much as standard! Wow do you work out different muscles in reverse!

Calories have been a bit high this week, but I'm going to forgive myself, since I've lost FOUR AND A HALF POUNDS! of water, probably lol, but dang, I'll take that *kitten*!

Lots of water. Lots of fat.

I consider it another victorious day!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Walk 80 miles in February, 3.5 mph or greater.

2/1 5.0 miles, 3.55mph
    2/2 4.6 miles, 3.53mph
    2/3 5.0 miles, 3.68mph
    2/5 5.1 miles, 3.57mph

2/6 4.4 miles, 3.57mph Another health walk to another grocery store. Yes, I have a car.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I had some bad foot cramps lately. Potassium to the rescue!

Great days yesterday and today in terms of all my goals. It feels amazing to weigh in well within goal range for two weeks in a row now! I've bumped up calories to 1450 (plus exercise calories though I usually don't eat them all back) but kept macro percentages the same for now. I'm worried about yoyoing yet again but trying to learn from all my past mistakes and proceed wisely!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    2/6: Carbs good. Weight still at top of acceptable range. Collagen with my morning coffee again. No workout, rest day. I did a few dishes otherwise slacking on household chores.

I'd like to do my strength training in the morning tomorrow but mornings are my nemesis so that is very doubtful.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Was a total slug yesterday from staying up til 5 AM watching the Super Bowl. Ugh. I hate it when I start the week like that. Not really a f up, but definitely not productive. Today will be better!
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    For 2/6/17
    BPC yep
    Choc chips nope
    Another coat of paint on the insides of the cabinet doors
    Fathead pizza for dinner last night (and lunch today)
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

2/1 5.0 miles, 3.55mph
    2/2 4.6 miles, 3.53mph
    2/3 5.0 miles, 3.68mph
    2/5 5.1 miles, 3.57mph

2/6 4.4 miles, 3.57mph Another health walk to another grocery store. Yes, I have a car.

That's awesome! I walk to the grocery store every day. It's less than a mile away, though. Keeps me honest; no way am I carrying back anything that I don't need in my bag---it's uphill the whole way back.

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    mmultanen wrote: »
    baconslave wrote: »
    and ditch my attitude, even though it's justified given all the crap I have to put up with. Some people in my life are very trying...

I have a facebook fitness/health group of close friends and my goal for the last 2 weeks running has been to "Not punch anyone"

So far so good. Though I've come REEEEEEEEEEEEALLY close some days to not making it.

Well for me there are some adult people in my life acting like complete spoiled brats who I want to tell to put on your grown-up underpants and deal with it. I have enough problems without them making more for me and expecting me to solve it for them.
    You are looking at a grade-A F-Uper!
    Bottom line, I need to ditch booze completely, and ditch my attitude, even though it's justified given all the crap I have to put up with. Some people in my life are very trying... It's very hard to be strong and resolute when you are so tired all the time. Well, suck-it-up, Buttercup. What is, is. Excuses are not to be tolerated.

Going to do my workout later. Then oldest daughter has a doubleheader against 2 tough teams in indoor soccer.Trying hard to not think about my very important Dr appt Wed. I just know the healthcare system is going to disappoint me again.

Anyway, make today a good day, no matter what.
    Onward. :triumph:

OMG, do you have my life??!?!
    ditto on the health care system, and I am part of it (a pharmacist). It has completely failed me. I had 2 really good FEB days, only had 2 drinks all weekend, but didn't track Sat and Sunday, and didn't exercise those days. UP a pound. I upped my hormone patch, so I am sure it is some water weight, but damn. Frustrating. People are on my nerves right now...pretty much all people..ha!

Hang in there. Good luck at your appointment.

I'm very sorry that you can relate with my dysfunctional life.
    Sometimes our nonsense tolerance gets all used up. I have 4 kids so I have developed a lot of patience. After that's exhausted though, I have no patience with the ridiculous.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »

2/1 5.0 miles, 3.55mph
    2/2 4.6 miles, 3.53mph
    2/3 5.0 miles, 3.68mph
    2/5 5.1 miles, 3.57mph

That's awesome! I walk to the grocery store every day. It's less than a mile away, though. Keeps me honest; no way am I carrying back anything that I don't need in my bag---it's uphill the whole way back.
    Thanks! I've become known as " That old lady who walks here. The one with pink back pack". LOL. It started with me, when I was on BP meds, told to get some exercise so decided to walk to CVS regularly to check my blood pressure. And yes, uphill is no fun especially on the way back. Walk on.
  • baconslave
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Today was maaaaahvelous!
    I didn't hiit, figured I needed a break, but I did get in a good walk, plus I walked up and down our hill, backwards as much as standard! Wow do you work out different muscles in reverse!

Calories have been a bit high this week, but I'm going to forgive myself, since I've lost FOUR AND A HALF POUNDS! of water, probably lol, but dang, I'll take that *kitten*!

YAY, Lori!

Yesterday did well, Hero 90 plus an hour walk. Took dd14 to her games. They won the first one. Lost the second by 1 since they were exhausted from back-to-back games. My daughter got kicked point-blank in her knee cap in the 2nd game. Someone needs to teach them the difference between a knee and a soccer ball! (Their parents were acting so trashy.) Anyway, I had to carry her off the field. Grrrr. She can't put any weight on it this morning. It was purple and very swollen immediately after the injury, but I iced it and she's been taking ibuprofen. We'll just have to see if she is sidelined the rest of the season or not. She usually heals pretty fast. I'm hoping she doesn't need a dr.

So that was stressful...

Onward.

Ladies Night tonight even though I'm not really feeling it. Their feelings will be hurt if I don't go. So, I go. I've already planned what I will eat. And not wasting my calories on alcohol. Not worth it.

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Bottom line, I need to ditch booze completely, and ditch my attitude, even though it's justified given all the crap I have to put up with. Some people in my life are very trying... It's very hard to be strong and resolute when you are so tired all the time. Well, suck-it-up, Buttercup. What is, is. Excuses are not to be tolerated.

Going to do my workout later. Then oldest daughter has a doubleheader against 2 tough teams in indoor soccer.Trying hard to not think about my very important Dr appt Wed. I just know the healthcare system is going to disappoint me again.

Do I need to punch a *kitten* for you???

2/6/17 - Did GREAT! Until I didn't. Ugh, I have to pull it together....
  • baconslave
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

Do I need to punch a *kitten* for you???

2/6/17 - Did GREAT! Until I didn't. Ugh, I have to pull it together....

Thanks for the offer.
    I just need a vacation from those people...or a vacation from their BS. It must be tiring being so full of themselves all the time...geez. They should take a break.
  • SuperCarLori
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Today was maaaaahvelous!

YAY, Lori!

Yesterday did well, Hero 90 plus an hour walk. Took dd14 to her games. They won the first one. Lost the second by 1 since they were exhausted from back-to-back games. My daughter got kicked point-blank in her knee cap in the 2nd game. Someone needs to teach them the difference between a knee and a soccer ball! (Their parents were acting so trashy.) Anyway, I had to carry her off the field. Grrrr. She can't put any weight on it this morning. It was purple and very swollen immediately after the injury, but I iced it and she's been taking ibuprofen. We'll just have to see if she is sidelined the rest of the season or not. She usually heals pretty fast. I'm hoping she doesn't need a dr.

So that was stressful...

Onward.

Ladies Night tonight even though I'm not really feeling it. Their feelings will be hurt if I don't go. So, I go. I've already planned what I will eat. And not wasting my calories on alcohol. Not worth it.

I'm sorry your daughter was kicked. :/

Thank you. I appreciate you.

I'll punch, or kick a *kitten* for you too.
    Let's go kick some *kitten* *kitten*!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Today was maaaaahvelous!

YAY, Lori!

So that was stressful...

Onward.

Come on Lori, let's go!!!! Mother*kittens* better watch their *kitten* *kitten*!!
  • Ringbearer2
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @baconslave, I remember grade school soccer. It was a county league and many of kids and parents were so nasty. My daughter's team never excelled, but won the league sportsmanship award every year. Much better, imo.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Today was maaaaahvelous!

YAY, Lori!

So that was stressful...

Onward.

Come on Lori, let's go!!!! Mother*kittens* better watch their *kitten* *kitten*!!

Oh, you so awesome. <3
  • baconslave
    Options
    Today was maaaaahvelous!

YAY, Lori!

So that was stressful...

Onward.

Oh, you so awesome. <3

:joy:
    @baconslave, I remember grade school soccer. It was a county league and many of kids and parents were so nasty. My daughter's team never excelled, but won the league sportsmanship award every year. Much better, imo.

It's so awful when parents behave badly.
    The most embarrassing thing about these particular parents are they are from the local high school. My girl and her cousin got put on one of the teams for the next city over (the complex is in, and belongs to that city) since they needed players. So I get to watch people from my town, which is the only team from our town, embarrass our area. Ugh. Way to go... :rage: Go into the bigger city's back yard and act like a hoard of drunk rednecks. Where the heck is my eye-roll emoji!
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    In addition to being a week into the February Challenge, I am exactly a week back into low carb eating after a year+ of destruction. It feels like being back in the embrace of an old lovah...we'll maybe not...but it does feel so dang refreshing.

I've stuck to my goals of being under 50g carbs ( actually well under) and have been in the ball park of my preferred calorie marker. I've been tracking religiously daily.

I took before & after photos, body measurements, and weighed myself...and I think I'm going to wait until March 1st to do it again. I did cheat a little the other day and tripped over the scale, activating it...so I jumped on, and was down about 3lbs. Then I picked it up and put it away. I've never done that before...usually I do a weekly weigh in, so I'm kinda antsy to see what happens.
  • nikoba
    nikoba Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    On another note...for those who started off pretty overweight and maybe more on the sedentary side...when did you introduce exercise?

In a perfect world I'd like to lose 80-90 pounds...but realistically, I'd settle for 65ish. That would put me around 170.

I was thinking of giving myself a month to get adjusted to low carb again before starting up an exercise regimen. I have dogs, so when weather permits, I do walk them daily...once the weather hits above 35-40 degrees, the walks will begin to grow in length. I was thinking for starters, I would focus on body weight strength exercises (squats, planks, lunges, etc) and I have some 2 & 5 pound weights I can add. I also bought some exercise bands. But any suggestions for when and how to start up exercise would be awesome and appreciated.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    My February Goals:
    Beast Total Body 3 days/week
    eat at loss calories 1-14
    eat at maintenance calories 14-28

2/7 status: other than having the plague and feeling kind of terrible, things are going well, the scale is being a giant pain in the *kitten*, but my eating is on point most days, my exercise has been very good though I had to tone the intensity down some for being sick...looking forward to maintenance calories, I'm so tired of having to eat at a deficit.
This discussion has been closed.