No F-Ups February 2017 Week 1 (2/1-2/7)

Options

Replies

• mmultanen
    mmultanen Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Some good small NSV this week: increased energy, fitting well into a smaller pant size, people noticing weight loss <3, increased lung capacity. Scale is still being a total *kitten*. I wouldn't care or obsess about scale numbers since I'm not really after them EXCEPT I want that 300 I can win in the office weight loss challenge.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    nikoba wrote: »
    On another note...for those who started off pretty overweight and maybe more on the sedentary side...when did you introduce exercise?

In a perfect world I'd like to lose 80-90 pounds...but realistically, I'd settle for 65ish. That would put me around 170.

I was thinking of giving myself a month to get adjusted to low carb again before starting up an exercise regimen. I have dogs, so when weather permits, I do walk them daily...once the weather hits above 35-40 degrees, the walks will begin to grow in length. I was thinking for starters, I would focus on body weight strength exercises (squats, planks, lunges, etc) and I have some 2 & 5 pound weights I can add. I also bought some exercise bands. But any suggestions for when and how to start up exercise would be awesome and appreciated.

I'm almost 5'10", and was 252lb when I started low-carbing. I started with light exercise the first week. 3 days a week, I did one of those "walk at home" videos. Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk (30 min), with the 2lb hand weights. After that I increased the weights to 3lb, 3x/week. And then added hand movements after that to the whole video using those weights. After that, I started adding more days per week of exercise and started real strength training, since I already had good mobility and a good foundation.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    On another note...for those who started off pretty overweight and maybe more on the sedentary side...when did you introduce exercise?

I was 60 pounds overweight and...older. I started out like a warrior (walking) and paid for it with knee problems (bone bruise) so yes, take it moderately.

The upside of having the knee bone bruise was my orthopedic doc said a stationary recumbent bike would be fine so I purchased one (Cheap-$139-Marcy ME 710) and still use it, 2500 miles later. Not much fun but effective.

ETA: knees are fine now (have been for a couple of ears) and I'm back to walking for health.
  • baconslave
    Options
    My February Goals:
    Beast Total Body 3 days/week
    eat at loss calories 1-14
    eat at maintenance calories 14-28

2/7 status: other than having the plague and feeling kind of terrible, things are going well, the scale is being a giant pain in the *kitten*, but my eating is on point most days, my exercise has been very good though I had to tone the intensity down some for being sick...looking forward to maintenance calories, I'm so tired of having to eat at a deficit.

NO JOKE :rage: I was able to eat at maintenance for a short while, then my health nonsense kicked in, I had to get out of ketosis and stay and gained a little weight from the stress. So now I'm back at a deficit again. It sucks :lol: Especially since the scale is continually unimpressed with me and my high intensity workouts.

I hope you are feeling better tomorrow. I'd say "right this minute" but I'm a realist. :wink:
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

In a perfect world I'd like to lose 80-90 pounds...but realistically, I'd settle for 65ish. That would put me around 170.

I was thinking of giving myself a month to get adjusted to low carb again before starting up an exercise regimen. I have dogs, so when weather permits, I do walk them daily...once the weather hits above 35-40 degrees, the walks will begin to grow in length. I was thinking for starters, I would focus on body weight strength exercises (squats, planks, lunges, etc) and I have some 2 & 5 pound weights I can add. I also bought some exercise bands. But any suggestions for when and how to start up exercise would be awesome and appreciated.

I'm almost 5'10", and was 252lb when I started low-carbing. I started with light exercise the first week. 3 days a week, I did one of those "walk at home" videos. Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk (30 min), with the 2lb hand weights. After that I increased the weights to 3lb, 3x/week. And then added hand movements after that to the whole video using those weights. After that, I started adding more days per week of exercise and started real strength training, since I already had good mobility and a good foundation.

Seconding the Leslie Sansone workouts--they are a great way to ease into exercise. iTunes has one that's 10 10 minute sessions that you can mix and match for only 2.99 if you want to check it out. I'm sure some are on YouTube as well.

• Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Ok, got off the F train and back on the A line....

Cals-- check
    Carbs--sub 50
    Steps--14k
    Exercise--70/300 weekly minutes

Scale is not improving my mood.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was spot on!! Good day, good workout, good food. Loads of water. I even tried out some yoga!!!

A-
    Would have been a plus, but for Special Lady Time!!
  • LEAS86
    LEAS86 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's been a good few days health wise.
    Weighted this morning and I'm 3lbs down.
    Calories and carbs are staying consistent, water consumption has tailed off a bit so need to bring that back up (but still an improvement on January's effort!).
    All in all no F ups so far
  • baconslave
    Options
    New week thread. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10513723/no-f-ups-february-2017-week-2-2-8-2-14/p1?new=1
    Up early cuz I have that appointment. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    2/7: Carbs were good. Forever at the top end of my maintenance range. Ugh. It's not over so we'll call that good. I did get up early and did my strength training workout. I took my collagen in my morning coffee. I did not get in a household chore.
  • StarshipFighter23
    StarshipFighter23 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've had a pretty tight first week of February... Not got to the gym as much as I would have liked, but I have been doing some sort of activity (dancing or playing the drums) when I haven't been able to go so I'm still counting it as exercise! My carbs have been good all week - less than 10g daily - and I've been working on my electrolyte balance and tweaking my supplements to make sure I'm getting what I need from this WOE. I'm still losing weight and I'm on schedule to hit my goals of losing 60lb by the Summer - 22lb down, only 38lb to go!
  • Butterfly2022MD
    Butterfly2022MD Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I starte lcd on Thursday. I've worked out twice this week. on Thursday I was 180 lbs. i'm not cheating at all.
  • judimarie513
    judimarie513 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can i still join? I started lchf before Feb 1st but I'm so into this! I'm doing things on keto I've never done! Like no cheating, or wanting to, satisfied & energetic! I'm ready to do this & my goal is to log, do steps & elliptical, & stay on track this month!! Yesss!!
  • wahagent05
    wahagent05 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Restarting this journey again! Loved it before...had great results! Anyone can add me as friend if desired!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Can i still join? I started lchf before Feb 1st but I'm so into this! I'm doing things on keto I've never done! Like no cheating, or wanting to, satisfied & energetic! I'm ready to do this & my goal is to log, do steps & elliptical, & stay on track this month!! Yesss!!

Sure thing! Join us on the Week 2 thread. :smile:
  • Phab_Phebe
    Phab_Phebe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just want to be consistent eating a Lchf diet! It's hard as a beginner!
  • baconslave
    Options
    Phab_Phebe wrote: »
    I just want to be consistent eating a Lchf diet! It's hard as a beginner!

It can be. But what will serve you best is stacking the deck in your favor and creating habits and routines. It's making a planned-out route that all you must do is follow. Over time, those habits are made and the momentum carries you through uncertain situations. Get in the habit of pre-planning for everything food related. Always keep on-plan foods available on-hand. Those will help you most. And do your best to say NO when you need to to preserve that consistency. Is the food going to get you where you want to be? No? Then stay away from it.
  • wozy46
    wozy46 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ^^^yeah, like my already telling myself NO to the fresh strawberry cream cheese pie in my fridge that my husband and sons will eat tonight. Full bore sugar. I felt guilty making it, but that's what they requested, so....Happy Valentine's Day to them.
This discussion has been closed.