Workout check-in: You all deserve a (p)real good hand of applause! :)

Options

Replies

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 44X7X35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    Buns, Guns and Abs 30 Day Challenge
    85 Squats
    26 push-ups
    90 leg lifts

April move your @$$ Challenge
    I am in the cities today. I will be clothes shopping! Don't really know how many miles I will be walking but I know I will be shopping for at least four hours!

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd-May20th
    Day 4/28 I am on the road today so my challenge is still to resist temptations! Tonight I will be going out to eat and to the movies to celebrate my son-in-law's birthday! I brought Macademia nuts and cheese crisps to sneak into the theater! I know...they can kick me out!
  • jowaring
    jowaring Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Today's workout after warm up.
    Squats 6x6@75lbs
    Bench 6x6@50lbs
    Rows 6x6@65lbs.
    I've had over 2 weeks off lifting, the app said to deload 20% so today was nice and easy.found it hard to get motivated and took longer off than planned.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i did . . . squats in flat shoes. gosh knows what will come of this but it didn't seem any worse than not doing them in flat shoes.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 85

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squats-3X5X 35
    Russian kettle bell swing-10X10X 35
    I am starting week one of increasing the reps from 7-10 swings per set in preparation to transition to the 40 pound kettle bell.

Buns, Guns and Abs Challenge
    90 Squats
    30 push-ups
    90 leg lifts

I was on the road early this morning so will take a 2 mile walk this afternoon. Maybe evening one!

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 23rd - May 20th
    Buffalo wild wings had perfect food choices for this WOE. Naked grilled chicken tenders! Cheese curds! Dipped in ranch! Keep hitting the macros!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    So last week into this week has felt a bit like I'm just faffing around when I go in, buttt I think I spent my time in the gym better today than I have in a while. I decided to test my one rep maxes for some of the big lifts in preparation for starting Wendler's 5/3/1 next week. I think I've gotten what I can from SL 5x5 and the mental relief of just accepting that I can do something different is huge. I'm slightly intimidated by having to learn new assistance work, but at the same time I think that will be good for me. So today's workout took forever, but gave me some good boosts.

Squats: 1x5 each at empty bar/95/115/135
    1x3 @ 155/165
    Tested 1 rep at 170 and nailed it! Hard but smooth, with good form. It's possible I could have done one at 175 but I feel fine about 170. It's above my bodyweight, if barely!

OHP: 1x5 each @ 52/57/62/67
    1x3 @ 72, failed 4th attempt
    1x2 @ 77, failed 3rd attempt

Bench press: 1x5 @ 52/62/72/82/87
    1x3 @ 92, 1x2 @ 97

I hit PRs in all of these lifts today, which I am very proud of considering I didn't really finish coming back up from my deload. It felt good to change it up instead of feeling like I had to grind out more and more reps.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Amy fantastic work out results!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly getting better a OHP ! I'm still only on the 20kg bar only but last workout I did 1 x 4 reps, then 4 set of 5 reps and I am not struggling as much as I used to. Took me a while haha. When I first started I found 5 sets of 3 reps a struggle.
    Squats I am not going up in the weight just yet - at 35kgs including bar - and I'm finding this pretty hard going with proper form. But I will get there.

• canadianlbs
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So last week into this week has felt a bit like I'm just faffing around when I go in

oooo, another wendlerizer \o/ amazing maxes.

IzzyBooNZ1 wrote: »
    I'm finding this pretty hard going with proper form. But I will get there.

i just may be starting on a phase where the weight isn't much, but for once my squats feel clean and natural as far as the form. i tell ya, i have been 'heavy' with them [for me], and i've been where they felt 'clean', and by this point, i'll take 'clean' every time. always having to fight them . . . meh. even if you win each individual battle it just gets really old.

on that note, i did my bike commute but didn't lift. i was tempted, because that 'i'm just going to go light so it doesn't count' thing . . . and i'm a little greedy for more of yesterday's pretty-good feeling at 65 pounds. but tomorrow is deadlifts and press, where i've lost ground on them both. so i be'd have and came home.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 20X10X35
    Increased from 7-10 reps/set really is challenging!

Rest Day Squats
    35 push-ups
    95 leg lifts

I will be taking 2-2 mile walks today. Nice to be back to normal!

Day 6/28 feeling grounded into this challenge! I see success in my future!
  • jowaring
    Options
    Tonight's workout after warm up
    Squats 5x5 @85lbs.
    Ohp 5x6@42lbs.
    Deadlift 2x5@120lbs.
    This is my 2nd workout after starting back so the weights are low.ohp is 10 lbs lower than what I was lifting before my holiday and felt really heavy.squats and deadlift felt really easy though.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options

Yesterday

Bench - 2x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 75, 1x5 @ 95 and 2x3 @ 110
    close grip bench - 1x10 @ 45, 1x8 @ 65 and 2x5 @ 85
    incline bench - 1x10 @ 45 and 2x5 @ 80
    dry sauna
    50 minutes walk treadmill at 4 incline and 3 speed

Today went to gym before work and it was shoulders but I only did a couple of the exercises from that and did a couple other ones instead.

hack squat - wide stance 1x8 @ 90 and 1x8 @ 50, narrow stance 1x8 @ 90 and 1x8 @ 50 (just counting the plates)
    hack squat calf raise - 2x25 @ 140
    side lat raise - 2x12 @ 12.5
    front single db raise - 2x12 @ 12.5
    hour walk on treadmill at 5 incline and 3 speed
  • fanncy0626
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @DawnEmbers you're lifting numbers have always been fantastic! I have a question that maybe you could give me your input on. I am less than 10 pounds from my goal weight/body fat percentage. I have only been lifting to maintain muscle mass so I have moderate weight amounts. I do Stronglift and the Kettlebell. I am on a Keto diet. I eat approximately 1200 - 1300 cal per day. I predict I will get to my goal in two weeks or less. I would like to build muscle and strength at that time. Knowing this about me what would you recommend for me to do.

Any and all advice would be appreciated. My weightlifting goal is to add 10 pounds of muscle and be able to lift heavy things! Even though I am going to be 60 years old at the end of the year I would like to be a competitive lifter/bodybuilder.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    it's totally reset time in my world. 175 deadlift and 70 press and 95 bench will all have to wait a few cycles for me to get it together again. so today was t-day and the day where that crystallized.

i got my presses at 50/57.5 and 65, but the last two top ones were so ugly i didn't even have any weight on my left leg. this isn't good and enough is enough. i need to actually work on my press now that the 'milk injury' that gets mr t snickering is in the past. and i need to acknowledge the toll that it took.

so that's a plan. the deadlifts were supposed to be 135/155/165, but today was the second deadlift session in a row where 165 was too much for me. i did two and then i called it myself. so i unloaded back to just the 135 and did an extra Spite Set. been a lot of those Spite Sets in my life recently :tongue:

there were some good points in among all the fail. press needs work but i had that feeling where you a) know how heavy it is and b) the heaviness isn't actually a problem. the fact that i can't do the full rep with that weight seems sort of trivial. i'd rather stand holding 65 pounds and knowing it's too heavy for me and also knowing i'm perfectly equal to it, than press 65 pounds feeling like it's not too heavy but knowing my body isn't really pulled together underneath it.

deadlifts were different. my grip has suffered, so that's one thing. aside from that, i just don't have any form so it's no wonder i can't get 165 to come up. the spite set felt good, actually. so i'm going to make that my new line in the sand and move forwards from there holding onto that set of sensations i liked.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 90
    OHP- 1X5X 45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 15X 95/105/115/120

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X35

95 Squats
    35 push-ups
    95 leg lifts

I am going to be gone most of the day so I will take an evening walk.

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 24th-May20th
    Love this WOE fat is just melting off! I lost another 0.8 pound this morning.
  • jowaring
    Options
    Tonights workout after warm up.
    Squats 5x5@90lbs
    Bench 5x5@60lbs moved up by 10lbs as 50 felt too easy last time.
    Rows 5x5#65lbs.
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X35

100 Squats
    40 push-ups
    100 leg lifts

I will be taking 2-2 mile walks today. I only need 0.2 miles to meet my 100 mile goal for the month! No reason I can't exceed it!

Day 8/28 The beginning of week two! I am going to reflect on how well I did with my goals during the first week and tweak them if I need to!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options

deadlifts
    1x10 @ 115, 1x10 @ 135, 1x8 @ 185
    with belt 1x4 @ 215, chalk added 1x2 @ 255 (rough) tried 3rd rep but couldn't get to the knee
    sdl on 35 plate 2x8 @ 135
    elliptical 30 minutes while studying
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    First workout in a while that was anything resembling strong lifts/reportable

Crazy friends roping me into half marathon training is seriously interfering with my lifting. ☹️

Squats 5x5@50lb
    Did a 1x5 of front squats as well, that mostly told me I still have form issues on my squats in general that need worked through. Guess me and the wall will be getting cozy for some "squat therapy" again.
    OHP 6x5@50lbs - this was surprisingly easy compared to the last time I did these. So I may be sporadic, but I am apparently doing something useful lately.
    1x5@55lbs - since the 50 went so smooth, I kind of just wanted to prove I could- for next time.

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Last minute trip to Virginia to go see my wife means I haven't been near a gym or in any position to check in for a workout. I did not forget about you guys, though!

Today was my first day back. Traveled all day yesterday, so I am rather tired.

I did power snatches (worked up to 90lbs single, missed 95, then did 5x3 @ 67.5), squats (up to 122.5x10 as an amrap set), push-ups (40 total in 7 minutes, ladder style) and a KB power circuit (10 mins, 35 lbs, clean lunge squat, push press). It felt good, and I'm already feeling the sore!

I will be there to start the next thread if you all don't have a good pun for it, haha ;)
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    krokador wrote: »
    I will be there to start the next thread if you all don't have a good pun for it, haha ;)

i know of someone who does . . . hope she does it.

i started a mafia game so self-inflicted fml and all that. but in the meantime and before it happened i did get into the gym.

did squats, flat-footed. not really a whole lot to say, but i stopped at 60 pounds and i guess tomorrow is goign to tell me whether i used my glutes/hamstrings or quads.