Workout check-in: You all deserve a (p)real good hand of applause! :)

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've been to the gym a few times, but have been too busy to check in. Saturday saw:

Squats 5/5/5 @ 20/30/40 and 5x5 @ 50 lbs.
    OHP 5/5/5 @ 20/30/40 and 5x5 @ 45 lbs
    Deadlifts 5/5/5 @ 65/85/105 and then 1x5 @ 125 lbs.

I increased my weighted carry to 70 lbs, and added some leg raises (lower ab work). My abs are still angry.

The OHP was just a complete *kitten* to get done. Don't know what it was - but it was a struggle. Between the hip injury and then going on vacation, I've seen significant roll back on my strength. Which sucks... but it will come back, I know.

Oh - and my fractional weights came in yesterday! So exciting!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I started a May thread, I hope no one was chomping at the bit to do one? I used a Star Wars pun :)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @DawnEmbers you're lifting numbers have always been fantastic! I have a question that maybe you could give me your input on. I am less than 10 pounds from my goal weight/body fat percentage. I have only been lifting to maintain muscle mass so I have moderate weight amounts. I do Stronglift and the Kettlebell. I am on a Keto diet. I eat approximately 1200 - 1300 cal per day. I predict I will get to my goal in two weeks or less. I would like to build muscle and strength at that time. Knowing this about me what would you recommend for me to do.

Any and all advice would be appreciated. My weightlifting goal is to add 10 pounds of muscle and be able to lift heavy things! Even though I am going to be 60 years old at the end of the year I would like to be a competitive lifter/bodybuilder.

Honestly, I don't know much about building since I'm still trying to cut to a lower body weight. However, I find some of the women over on the forums at bodybuilding.com to be very knowledgeable on the topic. And I really know nothing about Keto. To gain muscle though, would require gaining weight in general, so you would have to work on a bulk and be okay with everything that goes with that route. But you get to eat more. ;-) And it is easier to gain some strength when eating more, far so than when eating in a deficit. Food is fuel, as they say.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    @DawnEmbers thanks for the feedback! I don't mind the eating more as long as it's muscle weight not fat that I put back on. Scary though! I'll check out the bodybuilding site.
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Rest Day

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 6X5X35
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 28X10X35

40lbs loss by May 27 Challenge
    30 push-ups

May move your @$$ Challenge
    I am going to take 2-2 mile walks today.

Move More Sit Less Challenge
    Today's challenge is spring cleaning. I'll prep for my garage sale for next weekend.

Keto/LC 4 Week Challenge April 24th-May20th
    Day 13/28 drink water and stay within carbs.
  • jowaring
    jowaring Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it really hard to get back into lifting after my holiday.need to get some motivation. So finally forced myself to workout today;
    Squats 1x5@45,60 and 5x5@92lbs.
    Ohp 1x5@40 then 5x5@45lbs.
    Deadlifts 1x5@92,then 2x5@126lbs.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    fanncy0626 wrote: »
    @DawnEmbers thanks for the feedback! I don't mind the eating more as long as it's muscle weight not fat that I put back on. Scary though! I'll check out the bodybuilding site.

Well, fat gains will be there too. We just have to work our increases carefully so that those are minimal. Can't be like some guys and gain 8 lbs in a month and expect most of it to be muscle. It is a slow process but worth it when you commit and follow through.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    . wrong thread.