Options

Replies

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Coffee?

Coffee and tea are allowed.

Edit: Can we all see how mellow Goat has become? Plant oils? Sure, why not? Sweeteners? Whatever, you be you! LOL, where has the cold-hearted iron-fisted tyrant wandered off to?

Snap out of it man!

No actually don't because I'm probably gonna be drinking wine once a week still...
    but I'm totally good on all another points.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I've actually been working on incorporating more veggies into my diet again right now ;) BUT I will follow along with great interest and it's something I might experiment with in the future.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Hello! I haven't stopped by the group forums in far too long! I've been missing y'all!

This "Meativore May" challenge was life changing for me! I highly recommend it for anyone willing to try it! After two years I'm still primarily Meativore, and don't plan to ever change back to eating the way I did before.

Yay, good to see you! Don't be a stranger. <3
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    genmon00 wrote: »
    I like this! NOW if i can stick to it is another story lol BUT I can still join if I start out with maybe doing a day a week? And see how many days I can do? ***DISCLAIMER: I will cannot give up sweentner, more like i dont want to :wink: *** Can I still be in? Please?

They are "discouraged" but not a deal-breaker. Many people find the sweeteners mess with their hunger signals, intensify cravings, or otherwise make things harder than they need to be.

I get it, really. If you read the original thread, I discuss how giving up the artificial sweeteners was the last thing I was willing to give up. I even had a month-long experiment with them, before giving them up, to justify keeping them.

Still, they aren't recommended. But, it won't be considered a failure, if you keep them.

Yay! If i truly eat what i want i am primarily a carnivore at heart. One more VERY important thing, can we drink alcohol? Important holiday in May, Cinco de Mayo! Lolololol No, really can we? Im not a big drinker but i will be that day lol
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    No to the alcohol. There needs to be a line somewhere, and that would be on the other side of it. A month without alcohol isn't going to kill anyone. Actually, it might benefit some.

My [hardcore] view is that all plant-sourced calories are verboten. I am willing to tolerate plant-oils, although I still think they aren't good. But, they act like fats when ingested. Alcohol doesn't act like a fat or protein.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Count me in ! After a stressful past few months, I need to get back to basics again!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    *facepalm*

I need to remember the oddness that is my office a bit better. We have a George Foreman grill at the office, because one of the guys likes to have grilled chicken for lunch. I'll have to see if he'll let me cook up burgers.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    In looking at my garden, I am expecting my pepper plants to really start producing right about the middle of May. For me, peppers straight from the garden are the only thing that not animal based I can't resist. I will stay in until those are ripe.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »
    I think I'll do it. Various things have pulled me away from it and I ought to get back.

I do have a question for you all -- what do you do for the midday meal when you work outside the house? When I did it last time, I worked from home and had the luxury of cooking up a pound of ground meat for lunch. I can shift that to dinner, but I can't fast for that long and need to eat by noon. I tried cooking the ground up (even if only barely) and then reheating it at work, but that was...lackluster. I like being able to eat it right out of the skillet. ;)

How about ham or prosciutto wrapped around you fav cheese sticks? Fat easy and portable.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    No to the alcohol. There needs to be a line somewhere, and that would be on the other side of it. A month without alcohol isn't going to kill anyone. Actually, it might benefit some.

My [hardcore] view is that all plant-sourced calories are verboten. I am willing to tolerate plant-oils, although I still think they aren't good. But, they act like fats when ingested. Alcohol doesn't act like a fat or protein.

...Stomping around loudly...

That'll be a tough one but I'm game!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options

Oky doky im in!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Lol, thankfully, my big camping trip is in June, so I'm good! :lol:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Options
    Dragonwolf wrote: »

Lol, thankfully, my big camping trip is in June, so I'm good! :lol:

Lol
    The timing is why I think I can do this in may. If it were July... not happening. I'll be drunk most of my vacation! Lol
    Ok. I may be exaggerating just a tiny bit..
  • Rob_in_MI
    Rob_in_MI Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm close to that most days....I'm in
  • Chillycatmum
    Chillycatmum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am jumping back into this one, going to have to take it easy with the fat at the minute, but even so the meat is still the main foods that don't cause me issues and I loved the way I felt after I did zero carb the last time, this time though I am going to aim for the full lifestyle change
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Why not? As much as I love my veggies, they are not loving me these days. :)
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I would crave broccoli, cabbage, or my homemade salsa on day two, but you all go on ahead, and I'll cheer you on!

(plus, I prefer to use meat as a seasoning type thing for each meal, vs the star of it. I like meat, but I'm not IN LOVE with it, like I am with a pile of collards swimming in chicken broth/pot liquor, and studded with a few specks of bacon).
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I keep going back and forth on this, but I think I do really want to try it out, given the positive health results so many others have seen.... So... I'm in? Nope, no question mark, I'm in! :smile:
  • Scochrane86
    Scochrane86 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I would be willing to give it a go!