Sandy's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Eating more is working for you :) KUTGW!!!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @brendagaudette, thank you and yes it seems to be working so far. :-) May not for long though if this sciatic nerve pain doesn't go away. I'm able to do indoor cycling, planks, pushups, and yoga, but that's it. Even walking aggravates it, but so does sitting and lying down so I feel sort of screwed, none of the exercises listed activate the pain though. Yoga helps quiet a bit, but the effect of less pain is only temporary. :-(

I hope this lets up by next Friday, it'll be awful to be on vacation in London with this crap. All the walking. The stairs. Ugh.
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    I heard that pain is horrible :( They have a bunch of exercise videos on YouTube for sciatica pain...I hope its better by your trip o:)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Too funny, I was doing some of those youtube ones for sciatic nerve pain earlier. lol

I appreciate the well wishes, thank you :-)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    My eyes were bigger than my stomach today, it's only the second time this has happened with a meal. It's all good though as it doesn't happen too often. Some days you are hungrier than others even when you eat one meal a day. It is what it is.

I baked two low carb-low sodium wraps in the oven because I wanted crunchy like chips. Buried under the mound of sour cream, cheese, jalapeños, lettuce, my own homemade salsa of onions, tomatoes, 1/2 lime juice, garlic, vinegar, and cilantro, is 4 oz. of lean ground beef. I couldn't finish about a 1/4 of the meal. In total, including with my banana, blueberry, yogurt, banana, and chia seed smoothie, the meal would've been 1326 calories. I probably ended up around 1200
    pavvfnfc44z2.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    OMG I'm drooling!!! :p
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    @brendagaudette, thank you and yes it seems to be working so far. :-) May not for long though if this sciatic nerve pain doesn't go away. I'm able to do indoor cycling, planks, pushups, and yoga, but that's it. Even walking aggravates it, but so does sitting and lying down so I feel sort of screwed, none of the exercises listed activate the pain though. Yoga helps quiet a bit, but the effect of less pain is only temporary. :-(

I hope this lets up by next Friday, it'll be awful to be on vacation in London with this crap. All the walking. The stairs. Ugh.

I've had that a couple of times and not fun. Have you tried an inversion table? Might help if you can stand to do it.
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ooooohhh so mouth watering :smiley:
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    I've had that a couple of times and not fun. Have you tried an inversion table? Might help if you can stand to do it.

I don't have an inversion table, only been on one once and it freaked me out. I'm sure it would feel great though for this. I actually did some trigger point therapy yesterday and it worked on relieving that area the whole day. I brought myself to tears by lying on my back and then putting a tennis ball on the painful areas, it hurt a lot, but it was worth it.

However, it seems I was babying that area so much the past few days that it put stress on the rest of my back. I could hardly sit yesterday. The tension rose whenever I sat down, not the sciatic nerve pain, but whole rest of the back pain, including Osteoarthritis in my lower back (OA had calmed down the past week and it's yet another reason I love OMAD--I haven't had any Rheumatoid arthritis flareups since starting but OA took longer). My hubby bought me a special seat cushion and it sucks sitting upright with perfect posture instead of comfortably, but it's sitting comfortably that isn't good so. lol It has an area that relieves pressure for the tailbone.

Sciatic nerve pain barely noticeable this morning. I am trying to remain positive that I'll be okay soon.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Glad you're feeling better today!! :)
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    That's good update :smiley: be gentle with your workouts for a few days.
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I appreciate it. And, I will be gentle :-)
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Sorry to anyone who sees this in the "share your meal" thread. I like to keep tabs in here for my benefit and so I don't forget anything. This way, if I have a bad week, I can easily check out my pictures and see where I went wrong. lol

8oz. Ribeye steak, baked potato with 1 piece of bacon, 1tsp butter, 1tbsp sour cream, 1/8 sharp shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup lima beans. I forgot to make my dessert before eating... 1/2 cup greek yogurt (vanilla) and 1tsp natural creamy peanut butter. Total calories for the meal is 1486 calories.
    lehjyyow215j.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling better too :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    That looks good!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I'm bummed this morning, and starting get upset. I should not have rode along with my hubby when he went golfing yesterday. It was too soon for my back and it didn't matter that he took it easy driving the cart. :-( I'm concerned about our trip to London. I don't have a regular doctor, just a family practice that I rarely go to. This back problem is going to ruin this trip for me and my husband. It's not just sciatic nerve pain anymore, it's like I've also aggravated the osteoarthritis which had let up significantly since starting OMAD. Oh, and I don't know why, it's not like a wanted it or was hungry--I never eat my exercise calories back--I had a Snickers two pack. Kicking myself for that. :-(
  • mikseyniha
    Options
    I'm bummed this morning, and starting get upset. I should not have rode along with my hubby when he went golfing yesterday. It was too soon for my back and it didn't matter that he took it easy driving the cart. :-( I'm concerned about our trip to London. I don't have a regular doctor, just a family practice that I rarely go to. This back problem is going to ruin this trip for me and my husband. It's not just sciatic nerve pain anymore, it's like I've also aggravated the osteoarthritis which had let up significantly since starting OMAD. Oh, and I don't know why, it's not like a wanted it or was hungry--I never eat my exercise calories back--I had a Snickers two pack. Kicking myself for that. :-(

I'm so sorry for your pain. Are you taking any calcium and vit d supplements? If not, you should. I suggest you take complete rest until your trip. Plus try a home massage of the area with hot coconut or sesame oil. It helps a lot. You may also burn some camphor in the oil. Just put camphor in the oil while it's hot. And then once it dissolves, massage with it. I have done this many times and it really helps in soothing the pain or any internal inflammation if any.
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Thanks so much, @mikseyniha. No, I get enough sun not to need vitamin D, but I should take a calcium supplement. I've been using trigger point therapy on the spots affected with a ball, it does help alleviate the pain for awhile; I especially found it helpful after taking a hot shower this morning and then using a ball, as well as a "roller log thingy" with hard foam knots on it. The oil sounds like a great idea, I happen to have coconut oil in the cupboard, maybe I'll try that today as well.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, @mikseyniha. No, I get enough sun not to need vitamin D, but I should take a calcium supplement. I've been using trigger point therapy on the spots affected with a ball, it does help alleviate the pain for awhile; I especially found it helpful after taking a hot shower this morning and then using a ball, as well as a "roller log thingy" with hard foam knots on it. The oil sounds like a great idea, I happen to have coconut oil in the cupboard, maybe I'll try that today as well.

Don't take vit d for granted. I live on a very sunny island in the Mediterranean and most of us have vit d deficiencies.

I'm really sorry abt ur back :(
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Oh goodness, maybe I should have D levels checked then. I'm a Floridian, so I understand the sun thing. And, thank you. I'll keep working on it in hopes it'll get better.