Sandy's OMAD Journal

Replies

• mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Yeeaayy congratulations :smiley: Welcome to Onederland :):)
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    YAYYYYYYYYYY welcome!!! Please enjoy your stay!!!! :D you did it!!!!!!!!
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    @shans34, Thank you, It really does feel great. I will never be skinny, either, I feel the same as you. I'd be happy around 140, but I've set 130 as a goal for extra play room. :)

@mikseyniha, thank you!

@1MADGIRL, lol, thanks for the onderland welcome! I hope to never visit the two-hundred range ever again!

• wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    Post vacation meal... a hearty serving of chicken noodle casserole, a generous salad of mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, onion, and an ounce of sharp shredded cheese with homemade honey mustard vinegarette dressing, and topped off with a banana, vanilla greek yogurt and peanut butter smoothie with chia seeds. I do not know how many calories because my mother-in-law made this for us to eat today because she correctly assumed we'd have jet lag, she was right! She doesn't use no fat nor low fat for her meals, so I am assuming a good calorie count. :-)
    vsm247m39awr.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    I'm in "Onderland" now!!! I'm sure it would've been more, but we really made our last night there a night of super indulgence! We drank all day and had a big ole meal at a local Italian restaurant with dessert to boot! I had so much fun in London and truly do credit the walking over 13k steps a day, on average, as well as my conditioning from eating one meal a day for so long, for helping me stay on track. We drank alcohol everyday, and I enjoyed things like steak and ale pie with mashed potatoes, burgers and chicken sandwiches with chips (fries) or onion rings, sugar in my coffees (too strong over there to go black, lol), lasagna, spaghetti bolognese, salads, fish n chips, roasts, etc.

I never once felt like I was on a diet while on vacation, I felt like a normal person who only eats when they're hungry. I'm sure there are foods I didn't fit in while on vacation, but so what? I couldn't be expected to sample everything. However, I did try Marmite--it was disgusting!! LOL

cgdj9p32kqy6.png

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ONEDERLAND!!!! Great job!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    That meal looks fantastic
  • NoMoreAfatChick
    NoMoreAfatChick Posts: 226 Member
    I'm in "Onderland" now!!! I'm sure it would've been more, but we really made our last night there a night of super indulgence! We drank all day and had a big ole meal at a local Italian restaurant with dessert to boot! I had so much fun in London and truly do credit the walking over 13k steps a day, on average, as well as my conditioning from eating one meal a day for so long, for helping me stay on track. We drank alcohol everyday, and I enjoyed things like steak and ale pie with mashed potatoes, burgers and chicken sandwiches with chips (fries) or onion rings, sugar in my coffees (too strong over there to go black, lol), lasagna, spaghetti bolognese, salads, fish n chips, roasts, etc.

I never once felt like I was on a diet while on vacation, I felt like a normal person who only eats when they're hungry. I'm sure there are foods I didn't fit in while on vacation, but so what? I couldn't be expected to sample everything. However, I did try Marmite--it was disgusting!! LOL

cgdj9p32kqy6.png

@wsandy8512 welcome to "Onderland".... happy that you had great vacation time, great food and great weight loss...
  • wsandy8512
    @mistymeadows2005, thank you :-)

@shans34, it truly was delicious!

@NoMoreAfatChick, thank for the warm "onderland" welcome and all :-)
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Beee-youtiful post vacation meal!!!
  • wsandy8512
    @amflautist, thank you :-). My MIL is a great cook!

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Sounds like a great time and congrats on getting to onederland! Fasting has truly changed my life also! It has been good.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    @arguablysamson... OMAD has saved me from myself and given me a life I never thought possible. Thanks so much for sharing your story and getting this way of life out there so people like me could happen along it. Nothing I've done before has ever worked like this, I constantly struggled no matter what kind of plan I was on. OMAD has taken away the constant obsession I had over food.

I do not do low carb or low fat, I have a quite a balanced diet on my plate and if some days I lack in a macronutrient, I naturally make up for it on another day. I don't over exert myself with exercises. I don't feel a need to fast any longer than I normally do on a daily basis which is about 23 hours, give or take. I don't feel deprived. I don't have sugar addiction anymore. I don't have heartburn anymore. My rheumatoid arthritis flare ups have been reduced significantly, same with osteoarthritis. I have energy and now my sleep pattern is back and without having to take any nighttime OTC sleep aids!

OMAD isn't a diet to me, it's a way of life. I know I'm still very early on in my OMAD journey, but I've been faithful and, even have included days of indulgence, everything just feels right. It seems so easy. I know I will come across weeks of little to no weight loss, I may even gain, but it won't change the fact of how much better I feel on OMAD. So, once again, thanks for getting your story out there!

I am touched, very touched! :-)

Here's my BIG CONGRATS extended to you! I know exactly how seeing that "1.." on the scale is. And you'll continue to expand yourself and your results!
  • wsandy8512
    thanks @blambo61 and @arguablysamson :-)
  • wsandy8512
    Really enjoyed my dinner today, even though I overcooked my pork chops--going to be a grandma today, more than likely, so mind wasn't all on the cooking. :-)

Anyhoo, along with the chops I had a golden, twice baked potato with applewood smoked bacon, butter, sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese, and jalapeños, as well as a nice mixed green salad with the rest of the 1 oz. of cheese I didn't use on potato, an onion, and my homemade honey mustard vinegarrette salad dressing. Drank a nice banana, blueberry, peanut butter, and vanilla greek yogurt smoothie, and am now enjoying a cup of coffee with a bit of creamer. Didn't eat back as many calories as I wanted to, but I tried. Just too full! lol
    j6479q00c4jq.jpg
    k956zt93g9uf.png
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Really enjoyed my dinner today, even though I overcooked my pork chops--going to be a grandma today, more than likely, so mind wasn't all on the cooking. :-)

Anyhoo, along with the chops I had a golden, twice baked potato with applewood smoked bacon, butter, sour cream, sharp cheddar cheese, and jalapeños, as well as a nice mixed green salad with the rest of the 1 oz. of cheese I didn't use on potato, an onion, and my homemade honey mustard vinegarrette salad dressing. Drank a nice banana, blueberry, peanut butter, and vanilla greek yogurt smoothie, and am now enjoying a cup of coffee with a bit of creamer. Didn't eat back as many calories as I wanted to, but I tried. Just too full! lol
    j6479q00c4jq.jpg
    k956zt93g9uf.png

OMGGGGGGGGGG NOM NOM NOM! Those potatoes, though! <3<3
  • wsandy8512
    OMGGGGGGGGGG NOM NOM NOM! Those potatoes, though! <3<3

I know, right? I love me some twice baked taters!
  • shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    That meal looks awesome! Gonna be a grandma? That's awesome! Congrats.
  • wsandy8512
    @Shans34, yes ma'am I am. I was hoping to be 50 first before becoming a grandma, but my son is still rebellious at the ripe ole' age of 22! lolol My daughter-in-law's water broke this morning, she was only 4cm dilated so it's probably going to be a long day for them. I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it. :smiley:
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Wow Sandy thats awesome news! Congratulations and keep us posted :smiley:
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Congratulations young grandma :)