Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and what an absolutely lovely looking salad!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    Happy Birthday and what an absolutely lovely looking salad!

Thanks!

I would eat that salad every single day of my life if I didn't have to make food for other people...
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! That salad looks awesome!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!! :)
  • minigrrll
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So not TOO much damage from the meal last night. I think I only went over calories by about 500 or so, so I really think the gain was due to the salt (it was Sichuan Chinese and I noticed the saltiness for sure):

h8b8pt1i8umu.png

Next challenge - camping this weekend. Camping is always a problem for me... Plus I know my partner will want chips and cake and other crap food (he is a junk food addict), so it is going to be hard. Just have to stay strong! Oh, and the wine and beer...
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    You had a great loss and I hope you have fun on your camping trip!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Eat nuts while camping during the day. They have a lot of calories but they will keep you from eating a lot later on. Has been my experience anyways.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Chinese will do it to ya for sure but no worries because it will come back off...Have fun camping :)
  • minigrrll
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Eat nuts while camping during the day. They have a lot of calories but they will keep you from eating a lot later on. Has been my experience anyways.

Thanks! Maybe not nuts though - I can down a whole package of those things in seconds! I think my full receptors are missing... :neutral:

I'm actually going to try to do OMAD while camping. Even if I can make it until 4 or 5pm it will be a win. I just have to say no to the chips that are sure to be pulled out at 1pm...
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Chinese will do it to ya for sure but no worries because it will come back off...Have fun camping :)

Yeah, just about to go and weigh now - fingers crossed!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Well, didn't do so well this week:

66uta6zq2pn5.png

Only down 0.5 kgs/1.1 lbs from last week. Still - at least it's down and not up! I also "feel" thinner, so that's a bonus....
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    That's great! And Feeling thinner is an added bonus!
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Any down is a plus in my book. You had a good week
  • Vanguard1
    Vanguard1 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Great work
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Not such a great weekend weight wise due to the camping. I thought I did pretty well on the OMAD front (I didn't eat in the day and only had one meal, albeit a larger meal than I would normally have had), but my body says otherwise (a gain of 3.5 lbs/1.6 kg). I did definitely drink too much alcohol, but it was totally worth it!

The two weigh ins from Sat and Sun are just estimates based on the weight on Monday. And at least it is going down again, so I'm pretty sure it's mostly (all) water weight. And strangely enough, I still feel thinner!!

rumn7tv7zq0k.png
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Sorry for not commenting on anybody's posts - just so so busy at work...

Weight slowly coming down again - amazing how quick it goes on and how slow it comes off!! Just hoping it comes down enough by Friday to show even a tiny loss this week...

cx3ckepnfccu.png
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Not posting my weight spreadsheet today as it's not making me overly happy! TrendWeight at least reminds me I'm going (slowly) in the right direction! (And I've now changed my goal weight to the actual final weight I'm aiming for.)

cqbm6x6pey3y.png
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I have to be fairly careful with my meal tonight as tomorrow is my official weigh day. Thursday night we always eat in a restaurant at Broadbeach as we have to drive down to the Gold Coast to pick the child up from choir. I kinda feel like pizza or a nice veggie burger...
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    You're doing very well and what a nice treat you have in store for tomorrow! Best to you on your weigh-in!
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! Slow and steady losses are better than heavy losses and regains. Our bodies take time to adapt to the new physiology of the new weight. Thats what my body is also doing these days. Just keep going and don't feel let down. Hitting plateaus is a sign that we are doing well and are on the right path.