Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    good progress, do you count calories, as in weighing your food, or just wing it with one meal a day. eyeballing portions?

I do both - depends how motivated I am to use mfp for logging! I generally do log on weekdays and then am more lax on the weekend - both with logging and with how long my eating (drinking) window is. I pretty much stick to a strict one meal (not necessarily one plate though - I won't finish a meal feeling hungry), an hour or less on the weekdays and then stretch that out to a few hours on the weekend to include some alcohol.

If the weekends start slowing me down significantly though, I'll rethink that.

I find that the weekend slackness helps with my state of mind though - I'm don't do well with feeling deprived and having been on so many diets in my life it has become old! I'd rather lose slowly while feeling satisfied and "normal" than crash and burn losing quickly and never feeling full.

My sentiments also.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    Options
    Love the progress! You, Sandy and I are at similar stages/weights and I believe we have similar goals as she said... Love it!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Love the progress! You, Sandy and I are at similar stages/weights and I believe we have similar goals as she said... Love it!

It's good - it does give me motivation for sure, seeing how well you guys are doing...
  • minigrrll
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Well, my body is a mystery to me... (Not complaining, mind you).

Somehow it decided to drop another .5kg overnight. I'm kind of like, whateva, and we'll see what happens tomorrow. Trendweight isn't really buying it either! :D

hdo8rwvtk83x.png

Ediited: Changed Trendweight settings so that it only looks at data since I started on 23rd May...
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options

Yes, you as well. I keep losing track. Tracey has our similar stats, she's nearing the 150s, but has similar goals. I truly do love it. We do totally rock!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Well, my body is a mystery to me... (Not complaining, mind you).

Somehow it decided to drop another .5kg overnight. I'm kind of like, whateva, and we'll see what happens tomorrow. Trendweight isn't really buying it either! :D

hdo8rwvtk83x.png

Ediited: Changed Trendweight settings so that it only looks at data since I started on 23rd May...

Too funny! Nicely done though!
  • minigrrll
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Gained a tiny bit today as I knew I would. Impressed that it's not more though... Really though I'd bounce back up a fair bit, so pretty happy! Plus Trendweight took off over three weeks from my date to reach goal...

9v5qeo29avmm.png
  • blambo61
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Progress! Your doing great!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thanks!
  • minigrrll
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bit of a disaster, but also kind of a win. We had pizza for dinner and I ate entirely too much pizza! In fact I pretty much gorged on the stuff. BUT... I'm counting it as a win due to the fact that pre-OMAD I would have eaten exactly the same amount, BUT, I would also have had all the calories from all the other meals I had eaten that day in my body. So that will have definitely limited the damage. I've not stepped on the scale yet though - a bit scared! I will do that shortly and report back! :)

Plus, I went for my walk last night and it did pour with rain (hasn't rained for WEEKS!) and I didn't melt. I did almost freeze to death though as the temperature was a lovely 26c (78F) when I started and had dropped to a very chilly feeling 20c (68F) by the end... Keep in mind, it's winter here, so this isn't nice warm summer rain!
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Well, yesterday was a bit of a disaster, but also kind of a win. We had pizza for dinner and I ate entirely too much pizza! In fact I pretty much gorged on the stuff. BUT... I'm counting it as a win due to the fact that pre-OMAD I would have eaten exactly the same amount, BUT, I would also have had all the calories from all the other meals I had eaten that day in my body. So that will have definitely limited the damage. I've not stepped on the scale yet though - a bit scared! I will do that shortly and report back! :)

Most definitely a win and I feel the same on those days! I would've had my typical day of overeating and still overate something like pizza! And if the scale doesn't budge or you show a gain, all will be okay because a phenomenon is occurring in your brain that's changing it to having a healthier mentality. It's the bad mentality that has kept us in a yo-yoing state before and getting rid of it is crucial for success. The more we deal with and practice a healthier mindset, the better have we chance to maintain a healthier lifestyle.
    Plus, I went for my walk last night and it did pour with rain (hasn't rained for WEEKS!) and I didn't melt. I did almost freeze to death though as the temperature was a lovely 26c (78F) when I started and had dropped to a very chilly feeling 20c (68F) by the end... Keep in mind, it's winter here, so this isn't nice warm summer rain!

Woohoo! I am so thankful you didn't melt! Gracious, it would be dull around here without you. :-) LOL, see now that temp you mentioned that almost froze you to death, poor thing (lmao), that right there would give me a weathergasm. I'll take 68F over this 90+ heat with added humidity anyway!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Yeah I'd be dying for the lower temp in the summer for sure - but it was a VERY COLD rain! Without the rain it would have been fine.

The 26C (78F) was PERFECT though - the humidity was (surprisingly, as it rained, though that rolled in super fast) really comfortable - I love winter (and spring and autumn)... Summer, not so much!

I grew up in Winnipeg Canada, which has the coldest winters of any city over 500,000 people in the world (or something like that), which you would have thought might make me a bit tough about the cold, but no, I'm the biggest wimp for cold ever.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Good job only eating in your window even if it was Pizza I'm sure it was worth it :p
  • minigrrll
    Options
    If only it WAS worth it - it was a bit under-cooked and soggy. Even though I put "Please make super crispy - almost burnt" on the order! The first clue was when it arrived in only 20 minutes. Of course we still ate it like we were starving...

Weigh in for today - could definitely have been worse and Trendweight took another few weeks off my goal date so I'm taking it! Also my measured weight stayed in the 180s... Phew.

ov7eg80000ao.png
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    Way to go, Sarah!!! Pure awesomeness!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thanks!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Friday today so official weigh-in for the week. Two pound loss, so I am pretty darned happy! Averaging 1.8lbs/week...

lblye5vgnajc.png

ds4xpw4cp2ig.png
  • blambo61
    Options
    Very good!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member