Sarah's OMAD Journal

Options

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    That is sustainable, you will get there. Steady wins the race!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!!! :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    So my weight has been going up and down like a yo-yo! I was down almost 2 pounds on Sunday morning but then gained that plus a bit more back today... Go figure! I am totally convinced it's the salt that does me in (air popped popcorn with salt yesterday), so I don't stress too much about it. I'm actually super happy with feeling full once a day and not gaining, so losing a tiny bit every week is just an added bonus!

Just had a low calorie dinner tonight (around 450 calories) with those konjac noodles and cheese powder and peas and ketchup (I grew up in Canada - ketchup on mac and cheese (KD!) is normal!). I shoulda taken a picture as it was a nice big dinner, but I cannot for the life of me remember to do that. I am just too focused on getting it into ma belly!!
  • minigrrll
    Options
    The yo-yo! :|

winzpzzxmqrm.png
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    LMAO, "I'm just too focused on getting into ma belly". Nothing like a funny *kitten* phrase to get one laughing in the morning. Yep, sometimes I don't take pictures for the same reason.

OMG, yes, high salt meals will add weight to me quicker than anything and I've learned not to stress about it anymore. I'm retaining 5lbs of water weight due to eating out and having a little mini-splurge (for lack of a better term--slim jims & jerkey--on Saturday, and then yesterday at my MILs she served bbq pulled pork. Two high salt days in a row. I know most, if not all if it will be gone by Friday and maybe then some.

You're doing fantastic and I love your attitude about remaining the same this week.
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    @minigrrll what site/software are you using? I love how it projects into the future based on your current data

is there anyway to make it work with weekly entries instead of daily? I would lose my mind weighting in everyday haha
  • minigrrll
    Options
    x3nomorph wrote: »
    @minigrrll what site/software are you using? I love how it projects into the future based on your current data

is there anyway to make it work with weekly entries instead of daily? I would lose my mind weighting in everyday haha

I think the whole idea is to weigh daily when you use it - that's how it gets a moving average rather than using just a once a week weigh in where your weight could be anywhere at that particular point in time. The website is: https://trendweight.com and it's based on the Hacker's Diet which was a diet that was around in the 90's I think. I remember reading it!

lklympympr4u.png

There are others that do a similar thing - the apps Libra for Android and Happy Scale for iPhones are a couple I can think of...
  • minigrrll
    Options
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    OMG, yes, high salt meals will add weight to me quicker than anything and I've learned not to stress about it anymore. I'm retaining 5lbs of water weight due to eating out and having a little mini-splurge (for lack of a better term--slim jims & jerkey--on Saturday, and then yesterday at my MILs she served bbq pulled pork. Two high salt days in a row. I know most, if not all if it will be gone by Friday and maybe then some.

Yeah, it's crazy really - that you can retain that much water - but there's really nothing else that 5lbs can be! The only time it's actual fat is when you get depressed, throw in the towel and eat everything in sight for a couple of weeks. Strangely enough - the water somehow then turns into fat! HA!

• wsandy8512
    Options
    ^^True!
  • minigrrll
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Slowly slowly inching down - though it's still giving me the same weight as yesterday... At least it's forecasting my goal weight date as 2 days earlier!

j1xldggqqnyc.png

BTW - one of the things I like about Trendweight (and similar calculators) is the following:
    • take my low weight on Sunday of 86.7 (which was a pretty big drop from the day before) - TrendWeight was like, "no no no, you didn't lose 600 gms overnight, your REAL weight is 87.7 based on your previous daily weigh ins, so don't get all excited and ahead of yourself"!
    • then on Monday when I bounced back up to 87.4, TrendWeight was like "no no no, you didn't gain 700 grams overnight, your REAL weight is 87.6 which is actually 100 gms lower than yesterday, so calm TF down"!

I know that as long as my weigh-ins are below the line, I'm still losing, even though the noise from the daily weigh-ins can kind of mask that. So as a pretty slow loser, it's much more motivational for me to look at the trend measurements rather than the actual measurements.

Of course, I always hope that one of those low weights will stick, but with me it always seems to be a drop followed by a gain and then a slow inching back down to that low weight. My body is clearly a bit of a b1t@h...
  • wsandy8512
    Options
    I can see why you like the app you're using, seems like it helps keep everything in check. Your down trend is awesome!
  • blambo61
    Options
    That is a nice little tool! It's good to realize that we don't lose or gain that fast so scale readings don't cause us to stress too much! Congrats on your improvements
  • x3nomorph
    x3nomorph Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »
    x3nomorph wrote: »

I think the whole idea is to weigh daily when you use it - that's how it gets a moving average rather than using just a once a week weigh in where your weight could be anywhere at that particular point in time. The website is: https://trendweight.com and it's based on the Hacker's Diet which was a diet that was around in the 90's I think. I remember reading it!

lklympympr4u.png

There are others that do a similar thing - the apps Libra for Android and Happy Scale for iPhones are a couple I can think of...

thanks, I'll check out Libra then, what caught my attention was the date you reach your goal weight, that's neat, but it seems a daily input is necesary
  • minigrrll
    Options
    It would still extrapolate the missing readings, but the data wouldn't be nearly as accurate or useful...
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I just set up my Trend Weight account, and I am liking it. I will use this over Libra for now on.
  • blambo61
    Options
    You can also calculate a moving average very easily in excel. Just set the current moving average weight to the average of the last how ever many weigh-ins. It will do extrapolation also.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I just set up my Trend Weight account, and I am liking it. I will use this over Libra for now on.
    blambo61 wrote: »
    You can also calculate a moving average very easily in excel. Just set the current moving average weight to the average of the last how ever many weigh-ins. It will do extrapolation also.

I am so into all the data that I use Libra and Trendweight and do a moving average and extrapolation in Excel. I have forecasts that show me losing a pound a week, 1.5 pounds a week, 2 pounds a week and the real moving average. Then I have the rows for important dates highlighted a different color. Though, now I read that back it sounds just a touch obsessive!

In my defense, I have both a math degree and a computer science degree and I'm an information analyst/Informaticist, so I'm going with "it's totally out of my control" (much like the drinking, lol)...
  • blambo61
    Options
    minigrrll wrote: »

I am so into all the data that I use Libra and Trendweight and do a moving average and extrapolation in Excel. I have forecasts that show me losing a pound a week, 1.5 pounds a week, 2 pounds a week and the real moving average. Then I have the rows for important dates highlighted a different color. Though, now I read that back it sounds just a touch obsessive!

In my defense, I have both a math degree and a computer science degree and I'm an information analyst/Informaticist, so I'm going with "it's totally out of my control" (much like the drinking, lol)...

I'm an engineer so I can relate! Now stop that drinking if you don't want to! It is within your control!

One thing with the backwards moving average is that in essence it is a discrete filter (hence it smooths the data out) but it also causes a lag in the data that you can see if you plot the raw data along with the filtered data (which I'm sure you know about).

That's a great combination (CS and Math). I did a BSME and an MSEE (control theory). Take care.
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I will have to look up and see how to do the moving average and extrapolation in Excel. I love making the spreadsheets but have to learn more how to work with the data.
  • minigrrll
    Options
    I did a BSME and an MSEE (control theory).

Control theory - super interesting!