Sarah's OMAD Journal

Replies

• wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    I like that he idea of a smaller goal, I may do that if I find myself never seeing an end. The August prediction is based on your settings, sounds like maybe you have it set to lose a pound a week? That's why it's making that prediction. I like to encourage people to look at those with weight charts, Brenda's especially. It's so encouraging to see that she lost slow and steady over 36 weeks or so and, in the end, she reached her goal weight. :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited June 2017
    I had a few weeks where I lost 3 or more pounds BUT my overall weight loss average was 1.73 pounds a week...Don't get discouraged if you have a week with no losses or less than a pound because it will average out eventually :)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    wsandy8512 wrote: »
    I like that he idea of a smaller goal, I may do that if I find myself never seeing an end. The August prediction is based on your settings, sounds like maybe you have it set to lose a pound a week? That's why it's making that prediction. I like to encourage people to look at those with weight charts, Brenda's especially. It's so encouraging to see that she lost slow and steady over 36 weeks or so and, in the end, she reached her goal weight. :)

I just set a goal weight of 190 in it - it uses a trend weight or moving average to smooth out noise from daily fluctuations in your weight. So if your average is going down, then you really are losing weight. I think it uses the last 14 days to calculate the average so it will get more accurate when I have more days of weighing.
  • minigrrll
    I had a few weeks where I lost 3 or more pounds BUT my overall weight loss average was 1.73 pounds a week...Don't get discouraged if you have a week with no losses or less than a pound because it will average out eventually :)

YES - I have to remember this! If I don't lose or gain in a week, I have a tendency to just throw in the towel and eat because clearly life isn't fair! :neutral:
  • minigrrll
    edited June 2017
    And actually I just realised Brenda is correct - I have also put in there that I want to lose 2lbs per week so that's why it says "You must cut 598 cal/day to match your plan." Though the numbers on that don't actually add up to 2lbs (3500cals x 2) a week. Unless it takes into account what you have already lost... Who knows! :)
  • Brendalea69
    edited June 2017
    minigrrll wrote: »

YES - I have to remember this! If I don't lose or gain in a week, I have a tendency to just throw in the towel and eat because clearly life isn't fair! :neutral:

I used to be the same way and I would give up too soon but this time it was different for me and Im glad I stuck with it...I was about the same weight that you're starting out at and if I can do it then you can do it too!!! :smile:
  • minigrrll
    I used to be the same way and I would give up too soon but this time it was different for me and Im glad I stuck with it...I was about the same weight that you're starting out at and if I can do it then you can do it too!!! :smile:

Absolutely - I am using you as inspiration for sure... :)

• minigrrll
    Official (Friday) weigh in: -6 lbs in just under 2 weeks so I am quite pleased. I've never been a fast loser and certainly not one of those people who loses, like, 7 lbs in the first week.

aao9r4uo4p1j.png

Even TrendWeight has taken 2 weeks off the time it thinks it will take me to get to 190!

05eu32dughim.png

• shans34
    shans34 Posts: 535 Member
    You are doing great! Keep going!
  • Brendalea69
    AWESOME!!! :)
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Great job!!
  • minigrrll
    Thanks guys... :)
  • mikseyniha
    mikseyniha Posts: 442 Member
    Awesome! Keep it up :smile:
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    1MADGIRL wrote: »
    Welcome :) glad to have you here! Yep the sun is pretty intense down under :)
    I grew up in Australia and I miss it terribly!

Thanks! Where do you live now?

Malta, Europe . Nice hot weather here as well.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Official (Friday) weigh in: -6 lbs in just under 2 weeks so I am quite pleased. I've never been a fast loser and certainly not one of those people who loses, like, 7 lbs in the first week.

aao9r4uo4p1j.png

Even TrendWeight has taken 2 weeks off the time it thinks it will take me to get to 190!

05eu32dughim.png

awesomeee girl x :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    That is really good! Congrats.
  • minigrrll
    Thanks everyone!

Back after the weekend... As usual my weight jumped up a bit on the weekend but it's already starting to come back down this morning:

lfhwcxnj3v6h.png

I'm going to try to have a really low calorie day today - like maybe 400-600 calories for my meal. Will see how it goes! :neutral:
  • OMAD2017
    OMAD2017 Posts: 73 Member
    Good luck! It's surprising how much you can eat if you pick the right foods.
  • minigrrll
    Back down to Friday's weight today, hope I can drop a pound or two by this Friday's weigh in...

I managed to eat only 500 calories yesterday, but I'm pretty hungry right now (1pm Tuesday afternoon)!
  • minigrrll
    Finally remembered to take a pic of my dinner - my fave epic salad: coleslaw salad mix (cabbage, carrot, corn), chickpeas, feta cheese, peas, chopped baked potato, oregano, basil and balsamic vinegar):

o0t8vrb2qx3f.jpg

Even after my giant salad I had a nice 1.3 lb loss overnight:

87wpi9aiml3i.png

Today is my birthday though (49 woohoo!! :) ) and we are going out for dinner tonight. I'm sure it will be salty and I'm likely to retain a bit of water, but hopefully won't make too much of a dent in my progress...