Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @bearly63

Scoobydoorun.com and use coupon code runsonespresso ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2020
    My cat has lost half of a pound. She is in fierce eating mode. Poor thing. I gained more than she lost...

Food
    Really ate a little better the last few days. We made homemade tacos rather than buying the overly greasy artery clogging taco casa ones. I'm day 4-5 on the antidepressants. DH says my mood is better. I am tired and the constant headache is tiresome. Todays food needs to be some veggies- a salad actually sounds good.

Toe
    I forgot to call the podiatrist, but was watching the Toe Bro and he treats toe fungus with nail removal. So I suspect that nail removal isn't something my PA or PCP is comfortable doing. I did smear the mentholatum on it. @quilteryoyo , It will slow it down and offer a mental band aid.

My calcium is 10.4, so it is a bit high. I'll just run it by the surgeon. Albumin was also high. "Higher albumin levels may be caused by acute infections, burns, and stress from surgery or a heart attack"- so i guess that could be normal with surgery.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,881 Member
    Are we doing the ScoobyRun? Looks good - I'll sign up and use @RunsOnEspresso coupon code.

I hope the storm/hurricane will just stay a little bit west, away from the coast. The Realtor said that it shouldn't get any thing blown on windows since it's the 9th floor. Yikes! The funny thing is that little section of the east coast rarely gets a hurricane. Supposedly, we heard years ago, there is some type of water system that keep them off that coast. But around 1996 or so we rented a condo for a week and one came and we had to go back home! It wasn't bad really, like a 1 or 2 I think, but with two little kids we weren't going to stay!

Went to school yesterday because I needed to bring and pick up things and ended up staying there working a lot longer than I planned. Came home and right after dinner fell asleep and slept until 9:30am. That felt great!

I know the next 4 weeks is going to be crazy because they expect several teachers to quit next week. We keep having to make schedule changes because of room size, class size, numbers signing up to do the virtual learning, teachers quitting. I pity all school schedulers and all teachers and administrators. Basically anyone in education! And the poor cleaning lady, who has been there 25 years that the kids and everyone adore told me they hired people to help but they are quite lazy and don't clean the way they should. There is a company that comes at night to disinfect but they hired people to continually clean door handles, bathrooms, etc. We have plexiglass squares to go around each student.

@bearly63 - yeah, I would hold off on those meds and just exercise more - especially strength training. Didn't Doctor recommend that? But then again as @elise4270 said you don't want it to get really bad later on. I basically know nothing! Do your research like you said.

@quilteryoyo - saw you got to 135! Nice!
    @shanaber - saw you ran!!! Wow that time went by quick!
    @elise4270 - hope you are feeling better mentally and physically. Think of you often.
    @RunsOnEspresso - signing up for scooby run! I missed what it's about, but I like doing these kinds of runs, though my dog is too little to run.
    @avidkeo - sorry you can't run for a while. GRRRR.

I guess I'm here for food and exercise talk, lol.
    I did my four runs for the RunBet - M/T/Th/F - felt good but that was pretty much all I had time for. So glad I signed up! Did a 60 min Pellie ride today called Feel Good ride. Misleading, it was hard! but afterwards I do feel good!
    Food - doing good. Normal smoothie, salad (had one slice of pizza someone brought in to school) and then pasta for dinner and ice cream. I've been on an ice cream kick for a few weeks. I eat it after dinner every night! A store brand (Publix) of Mint Chocolate Chip - about a cup. Then I brush my teeth and don't eat till morning. Since I can't really snack easily it is working out well. Since I slept so late my weight was down to 146.5. It won't be there when I wake up early though.

• bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    @ddmom0811 Haha...feel good ride.....They talk to you about how you should love yourself and play great music, all while kicking your ๐Ÿ‘ lol! Hope the storm steers clear of you and the job calms down soon! Nice running too!

@Elise4270 Cats and men....seem to lose weight easily :s and to you and @RunsOnEspresso thanks for the link!

I am doing another longish ride tomorrow so I am resting today...should do some upper body though.

Food - whatever sweetheart chooses to make....I made pizza last night.

Happy Saturday
  • Elise4270
    @bearly63 my poor cat isn't losing very fast. She's been on diet food for 3-4 months and just half a pound down; she usually gains it right back since she slips in to ravenous thieving cat mode. I should probably taker her in for a diabetes check. But I hear that's really hard to identify in cats. She seems to get anxious and just eats.

@ddmom0811 School sounds crazy. There are a lot of adds for online schooling here. I suppose a fair amount of parents are interested in that.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    @ddmom0811 it's because I'm obsessed with scooby doo ๐Ÿคฃ But it will be fun to have a group to do it with! We can say its for my 40th bday lol
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,355 Member
    @bearly63 Mom was on Fosamax - the weekly dose.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    I haven't been tracking today ir yesterday.

After I get glutened I get super hungry so I've been eating everything. ๐Ÿ˜•
  • quilteryoyo
    @ddmom0811 Hope the storm stays clear of the east coast - for your condo and my family in Palm Bay.

Today was my grand niece's First Birthday and her party. So, I ate a hamburger and hot dog and cake and snacks and..... You get the picture. I'm not worried. I know my weight will be up tomorrow. I'll just try to be better next week - starting Monday. Tomorrow's lunch is going to be so good, but oh so salty. I won't be surprised if I'm over 140 come Monday morning. At my mom's request, I am making crock pot cubed steak. You brown the cubed steak and then put it in the crock pot with Golden Mushroom and French Onion Soup and some water. The soup has so much sodium. But it tastes really good.

im3xpasxt3i5.jpg
    Mya in her birthday outfit.

9ulj4ammmt6o.jpg
    Mya smashing her little cake. Loved that she used her feet too! LOL

1nfr547lnbsr.jpg
    Mya and her cousin Shawn cooling in the pool.

f1gk8ojttf6j.jpg
    She wanted to make sure Cousin Shawn knew where his nose was.

liosy8bhbwkx.jpg
    My mom and dad with Mya and Shawn - their great grand babies.

• Elise4270
    @quilteryoyo Cuties!!! good to see Shawn's hand is cast free and he's such a happy guy. Happy birthday to Mya too! She's a beauty.

Food
    No Idea. DH thinks he should lose some weight so he is back to a keto type diet. Which means he gets up in the middle of the night to eat peanut butter and jelly and or cookies and such. LOL!

Favorite salads? I need some Ideas.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    @shanaber I hope you aren't near the fire. Stay safe!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,881 Member
    @quilteryoyo - adorable pics!
    @elise4270 - LOL that's an interesting keto diet! Nothing interesting salad ideas. I make the same thing all the time, other than adding different vegs to it.
    @RunsOnEspresso - Ahhh I see! Well I signed up! Hopefully it goes to a good cause!

Just got a text from principal that we are closing the campus tomorrow due to storm. Not sure it is actually coming here. we are driving down to see granddaughter in a little bit but I guess I better check the weather!

Indian last night. That place is so good!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    @ddmom0811 I believe they do support a charity but last I looked they had not announced which one. But yay! Thanks for signing up!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @Elise4270 summer salad - lettuce of choice, watermelon chunks, mint leaves, feta, sunflower seeds. Tiny bit of balsamic and olive oil.

Right now the peaches and tomatoes are sooo good. Grilled peaches and steaks the other day. Also, the guy who runs the community garden gave us some cucumbers. They are a weird, long twisty kind, and they were delicious.

Pleased to report I am back down into my maintenance range!
  • quilteryoyo
    @Elise4270 Yep. Shawn is just a happy go lucky kid and takes everything in stride. No help with the salad. Mine are always boring, when I have them. LOL at your husband's keto diet. Guess it doesn't count if it is dark outside.

@ddmom0811 Hope the storm stays away.

@rheddmobile Yeah for being back into your maintenance range! I love peaches. I need to get a few with the getting is good.
  • quilteryoyo
    @RunsOnEspresso Do we register under a group or just individually?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    @RunsOnEspresso Do we register under a group or just individually?

Register as an individual & then use runsonespresso in the coupon code at checkout to join the team :D
  • quilteryoyo
    @RunsOnEspresso How many people do you have on the team so far? I will register later today. Which distance are you doing?
  • RunsOnEspresso
    @quilteryoyo Off the top of my head I think its about 10 people so far. My list is in the other room. I signed up for the 10k.
  • quilteryoyo
    As expected, my weight was up today - 139.2. So, happy that it wasn't above 140, but still 3.6 pounds up from Saturday morning. And, I have leftovers from yesterday for dinner tonight. If I didn't get sidetracked on the weekend and have to keep loosing the same 4 pounds week after week, I'd be a skinny mini. LOL But, it seems to work for me, so I'm not going to stress about it.