Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    She did go a little yesterday so feeling better. We have some butt treats (as we call them) we've been giving her. We do know about pumpkin. Our last dog had issues as he got older. We just haven't been to the store and I don't stop in for 1 thing these days.

• swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I have watched a self serving video of 27 minutes long had a phone conversation and a follow up email with my social security liaison. Zero studying. I took an antidepressant but ya know the cumulative effect of lessened depression is not there. I need to suck it up today. Violin was canceled d/t family emergency. I can use the time to catch up. I feel fat today. I think it is because my rib muscles hurt. I just wanna nap. tylenol and advil with my tea, Ill regret the advil, stomach or back? uh lets do stomach. blah.

make me study.

@quilteryoyo Hope the CT goes well.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    Vent
    Dh is particularly combative lately. I can't wait to tattle to his PCP. It seems his employer is collecting info regarding who wants the covid vaccine. DH asked what I thought and I told him to make his own decisions. He pressed. I won't be jumping in to get it. And he accuses me of undermining the whole effort and now there is no reason for him to get it. How so I inquire? gruff silence... hmm funny from someone that was unyielding touting that it was all a hoax.

I am so tired of my views and decisions personally offending his being. Perhaps I should learn to eagerly ask him what I should think on all matters. why must i endure? why am i not a sand crab?
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,413 Member
    Options
    Elise I don't know what it is with guys when they get like that. Ask your opinion and then want to argue with you about it. Sometimes I think they just want you to agree with them and reinforce whatever they are thinking.

My dh is likely eligible to get the vaccine early but I think we both plan to wait simply to see how it works and how people do with it. I know it is probably safe but...
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @shanaber Good to hear the hamstring is letting you out a bit. I guess I missed what happened, I am trying not to be so self-absorbed that I miss others struggles. I know runners can get high hamstring tendinosis that takes a bit to heal. Mine has shown up on every MRI for the last 4 years but isn't much of an issue since I am not running, walking.

I keep telling dh he is a ... um... rabid wolverine, Tasmanian devil? He is working to change his ADD med and agrees that perhaps he's is being a rabid old codger. yay.

Bear is so rowdy again this morning. He wanted in the bedroom and was rattling the door, Dh got on to him and wedged a piece of cardboard in it. Bear came back. Dh chastised him again. Bear came back. LOL! Dh tossed him outside in the cold. So I rescued him, fed him and still he wants in and out. I don't know what it is about the brisk temps, but it makes him nutty. Thank goodness for squeaky squirrel and the battery wiggle fish.

Back
    It is easing up. Stiff enough to be cautious but loose enough to move around. I am confident that Pt today will have me sorted out. No meds and no heat the last 20-24 hours. The wrist is finally better.

Jerk
    I am a tiny bit twitchy and more vibration-y.

I have a capstone-like exam at 10 today worth 10% of my grade. If I do better on it than my lowest exam grade they will replace it. That would be nice, so I am hoping for an 85 or better. Studying is coming along. I am behind 3 chapters and can hopefully catch that up today.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    Ya'll. That "do better than your lowest exam" bit is an impossible joke. I felt that I did well on it and made a 78.3% poopoo. That score is in the 92 percentile nationally as well as within the program. Meaning 3 people in my class scored higher than I did (statistically). The average for the program is a mear, mere? 64.4%. dang. if 65 replaced your lowest grade? cmon, still failing. Give me hope and just yank me around, yall. not cool. My score is at the highest "level" which is 78.3-100, so barely. It predicts I will succeed in the program and pass the board. good. perhaps I can have a vaca now.

@quilteryoyo get the scan done? splurge on lunch?
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    @swenson19d I did get the scan done. It didn't happen when planned, however. Dad had a VA appointment this morning at 8:15, which should have been done in plenty of time to make it across town for my scan at 11:00. When we get there, we find out that his doctor had gotten pulled to work somewhere else today. If he wanted, he could see another primary care provider. We opted to see someone else, since we were there. She said she had put in an appointment for 8:30, to just go to their waiting room, which was just across the hall. Checked in and an hour later, we were finally called back, then it took the doctor at least 30 minutes before she came in. In our discussion, I said something about being there at 8:00 and she said, "Really? Wonder why it took them an hour to bring you back? I thought you were a no show." Then, she was extremely slow and having to update a lot of stuff in the computer. At a little after 11:00 she said she wanted him to go pee and come back for an ultrasound of his bladder to see if he was evacuating all the way. He did that and while waiting for a nurse to come do the ultrasound, I called the place where I was getting my scan to let them know I would probably be 15 minutes late. In order for me to not have to rush, they rescheduled me for 12:45. We finally got out of the VA at 11:30 and made it to the imaging center at 11:50. (It never takes that long at the VA. I don't know what was going on today.) We sat in the parking lot for almost an hour, with the car running most of that time for heat. We had snow and 30°F with wind today. Burr. Once I went in, they were fairly quick and I was done by 1:15. Should get the results tomorrow or Thursday.

And, as for lunch, mom and dad wanted Wendy's, so we stopped and got two of their 2 for $5 Dave's singles and fries to bring home for lunch/dinner - ate at 3:15.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @swenson19d - how was pt? did it fix all the pains, especially your back? It is good to know when you think you did terrible on something based on your view of what is good (like 90-100 is an A, etc.) that your grade really isn't bad and is in fact a decent result. I also think in some of these programs they design it so 50% fail so it maintains the status of the program and ensures those that really want it, do the work.
    Hobbes is the same way in the colder weather as long as it isn't windy. He doesn't like the wind.
    I used Dr. Google to diagnose my hamstring. I am pretty sure it is high hamstring tendonitis. I have had it before (not diagnosed) but this has been the worst making it difficult if not impossible to run. Taking some days off and doing specific targeted exercise seems to be helping a lot.
    We had agility last night and I was concerned it would be terrible. Then when we got there we were the only ones who showed up to class, yikes... so much pressure. So for a full hour Hobbes and I ran and ran and repeated sections of the course without many breaks. He was having a ball though and was so happy just to run. I didn't slip, didn't make any sudden turns and didn't re-hurt the hammie. It got really tired and achy but has been fine today so far. Hopefully I am on the mend as long as I keep it easy and don't do anything stupid, certainly no guarantee there.

Food - we were going to have stew last night but it was not defrosted at all. So bizarre as it had been in the refrigerator for a couple of days. Maybe we need to adjust the temp down a bit. Dh went to Del Taco for his dinner and got me a bean burrito and chicken street tacos for after class. I ate half the burrito and one of the tacos and had the leftovers for lunch today. Hopefully the stew is defrosted some at least so we can have it tonight.

Have any of you tried Aussie Bites before? I had seen them at Costco a few times and ordered some recently so I could get free shipping. They are awesome. Small and calorically dense but all good things in them, oats, quinoa, dried apricots, raisins, coconut, flax, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and honey. I think they will become a regular post workout snack with a protein drink or for when I can't eat breakfast, like this morning.

@quilteryoyo - are you doing ok? Makes me nervous since you are usually so talkative here... Hope the scan went well!
  • shanaber
    Options
    Tried to edit my post but it won't let me...
    @quilteryoyo - Just saw your post... Glad you are ok! I hate when that happens like at the VA and it usually seems to be with older patients like they figure they have all day and can rearrange or change their schedule easily or just sit around and wait forever.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber We must have been typing at the same time. I posted right above yours. :grin: It was just a busy day and after I got home and ate I took Tippy for a long walk back in the neighbor's field since she had been in the house for 9 hours. We had snow today, which is her favorite weather. So, she ran and ran and was a wild dog when we got back....I mean, seriously wild. She was using her mouth to pull up some of my periwinkle groundcover, discovered a plastic flowerpot that had some periwinkle growing in it and literally ripped it to pieces while throwing a piece of it up in the air and chasing it, found a huge stick she ran and ran with, tried to get a dead tree in her mouth to play fetch (fortunately, it was too big), running in circles, and trying to play tug of war instead of letting me dry her off. I tried to get pictures, but my phone must have gotten too cold, because it kept turning off. :disappointed:
    I did manage to get a few decent ones before it started acting up.
    bs9kn19j4uzi.jpg
    Are you coming?

u8xn5cia31cf.jpg
    Blurry picture of her running with the stick.

ota60iik1dcx.jpg
    She would rather play than come inside.

32tanajdmpzs.jpg
    Laying in the periwinkle where she had been pulling it up.

2ud28rfvo341.jpg
    Snowy nose

• swenson19d
    Options
    @quilteryoyo It seems the pandemic has everything out of sorts still. It sounds like your reschedule was not marked that you arrived. Man, what a long day for you. Wendys sounds good when youv'e got to grab something after starving all day.

@shanaber I havent heard of the aussie bites, they sound good. I'll have to be on the look out for them. The frigde.. hmm How old is it? Hopefully it's just a weather change or nothing. I know they can do shots for the hamstring. Maybe the prp injection to stimulate healing if you are weary of the steroid shot, I kind of am in the tendons. I hope it behaves for you.

I did find out, that I should read the syllabus and policies. I do the mandatory self study of the subjects I missed I will be given a 100 on the exam, because I scored in level 3 (like a video game i guess). No Idea what happens if I don't do it. So I completed the remediation and hope to have better than the 84 on the test that I have to keep because there are 2 grading policies... uhg huh. and I read option 1, not 2 which is the one that applies to this course. whew.. what a mess. anyway, done and done. NOW, I can study. 100 is 10% of my grade. taking it.
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - love the pics of your dog! And snow! What?! Fingers crossed for results of your scan. Yay on your weight!

@swenson19d - Back from a few days ago - love the pics of Alex! Not sure why DHs are like that. We plan on getting vaccine as soon as we can. I think since I work at a school I should be able to get it fairly quickly, but I don't know. omg Amazon... It is ridiculous at my house the # of packages I get from them. I have to order for my MIL who wants to buy for everyone. And it's too hard to have it delivered to her (gated community and she can't figure out the security system, so Amazon calls me when I try to ship it there). Monday my Ring kept going off for deliveries and there were 4 deliveries (one fed ex, one Ups and one Amazon!)

@shanaber - saw your hot run and can't believe the temps there. Today it was 48 in Orlando and 61 in Providence, RI!

@rheddmobile - wow 8 pounds! (I think this was you! I read so many posts to catch up). Glad you are sensible and don't freak out, unlike most of us!

@RunsOnEspresso - we all start over and over. I wore my Scooby Doo long sleeve shirt to run this morning! I LOVE it! Since it's always so hot here I hadn't even tried it on, but since it was nice and chilly today I wore it. I already washed it and hope it's dry by tomorrow in case I run outside again!

I didn't realize how long ago it has been since I posted. Oh! I remember now. I had written a long post on my phone and hit done instead of post reply and then didn't have time to rewrite it! Note to self - always copy it right before I think I'm posting. Because I've done that more than once. We had a nice Thanksgiving at the beach condo. The grandbabies came to stay a couple nights. So cute! The 2 year old is just hysterical. And the 2 month old is starting to smile. All we want to do is go to condo now. Our house looks like we are the grinches or the Kranks, lol. When we got home Sunday night the whole street and neighbors were all lit up and here is our house all in the dark! I put up a tree at condo so don't feel like doing it here. But I should throw some lights out front... maybe.

So the running streak is on! Day 6 and this is a short year again - only a 37 day streak. Yesterday I rode Pellie for 45 mins and then did a one mile run for streak. Today I ran 30 mins outside and then road Pellie for 15 minute low impact. I need to lift but may wait till Thursday. Need to really figure out a plan! I want to get as much Pellie in as possible because end of December we will probably be at condo for about 10 days.

Anyway, my weight is stubbornly staying at 153. I was at 147 for about two months and was so happy there, and then it went up quickly and doesn't want to go down. I'm trying to track all as of yesterday, but like @RunsOnEspresso said, I track breakfast (copy yesterday!) and then do lunch about half the time and rarely dinner. And I KEEP EATING CHOCOLATE AFTER DINNER! I need to try on my pants I use for tracking fatness. I have been lifting a lot more, so maybe it's muscle? Yeah, right, no it's not.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    lol @ddmom0811 "fatness pants"!

@quilteryoyo Aww tippy is too cute! Bear is that rowdy too with the cold. I doubt he'll take to the snow if we get any. Neither of my dogs care for the snow. What is she? german/austrailian sheppard mix? Ive only seen the austrailian shepards with the mixed eyes. I had one whos eyes were 1/2 brown and 1/2 blue. (my spell check is goofed, and I cant spell).
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo love the pics!

@ddmom0811 I hate that done button. That's why I never use the app anymore, I just browse on the Web page. No more done button.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    I had a great day! I ran 5k!!! I had a little tightness at times when I'd been on my feet for a while, but eased quickly when I put my feet up.

And I cycled to work again. Lovely day. I'll have cake pics soon
  • shanaber
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - love Tippy! She is so cute and clearly having so much fun in the snow! The picture of the trees with the snow is beautiful - could be a Christmas card!
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    Cake pics! I ended up doing 2 cakes

1st one is the traditional full fat, butter, sugar, chocolate cake. It's 4 layers with a chocolate butter cream covered in chocolate ganache.
    h0evzl4n480y.jpg

I quickly whipped up a second cake for the vegan/GF/dairy intolerant members of staff. So a vegan GF chocolate cake that I'll cover with vegan ganache (dark chocolate with coconut cream. So so so good!
    kq80adbqeuxs.jpg

I'll show them cut tomorrow.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo Thank you for thinking of your staff that have food intolerances. We appreciate it. 🖤🖤🖤
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d Glad you read the syllabus and can do a little extra studying to raise your grade. That's awesome!

@ddmom0811 I wasn't ready for the snow yet, since it has been so warm. But, it was a beautiful one. I love it when it lays on all of the trees. Glad you had a good time at the condo over Thanksgiving. I got to play with my great niece and great nephew, who are 15 and 17 months old. They are so cute at that age! Great job on the running streak. Weight - You can do it. Sometimes you get to that dreaded plateau and it's just hard to jump off the edge.

@swenson19d I really don't know for sure what Tippy is. I got her from the Humane Society when she was a baby. Someone found her and her sister in a ditch. It was the eyes that attracted me to her. We do think she is a German/Australian Shepherd mix. She definitely has a herder breed in her and is very smart. She can just be wild and crazy at times. It tickles me, until she goes to far and then it doesn't. :lol:

Thanks @shanaber. I love the snow on the trees.

Great job on the 5K and riding to work @Avidkeo! The cakes look delicious.