Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,071 Member
    Options
    @Avidkeo I hope they accept the offer on the house, or come back with a decent counteroffer. It will be nice for your mom to live in the same town as you. You are doing so good with your food and exercise.

I had my first follow up today. He said everything looked great and is healing up well. The nurse took out the sutures I was worrying about. I really thought it was going to hurt, but she did a great job and I just felt a little tugging.

I guess, even if you are doing great, some things just take time to heal. He said I can walk all I want, as fast as I want, but no running or tennis for 6 more weeks, at least. It's the jarring of the sternum that is the potential issue there. (Sorry ladies. I don't have any x-rays to share.) He wants me to watch my HR and BP and adjust my medicines accordingly...beta blocker vs amlodipine for BP. I had asked him about bringing Tippy home and, wouldn't you know it, I didn't write down what he said and can't for the life of me remember. I did call to ask, but haven't heard back from them yet. I know he doesn't want me to right away due to the possibility of her pulling if I have to take her out on leash at night. She's really good and usually doesn't, but you just never know. He also wants me to check my BP when I have the visual migraines to see if that has anything to do with it. Took it this afternoon during an episode and it was 125/66 with 55 HR.

I will go back to see him on Feb 18. No driving or sleeping in bed until then. It seems like a long time, but hope the time will pass quickly.

I came home and walked 2 miles on the treadmill, at 3 mph. I was really tired afterwards. I guess getting up earlier than usual and the trip wore me out. I wound up taking an hour nap. I hope I can sleep tonight.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my food and doing some exercise. Yesterday got away from me so no workout. I spent my lunch break on the phone dealing with more ID theft *kitten*. Then the conference I was attending ran almost an hour longer than scheduled. It was a photography conference so I enjoyed it. By the time it was done it was after 6 and I was starving so dinner time. I was spent so I relaxed after dinner.

The depression is trying to bring me down. I'm fighting it. Sleep is a struggle which makes it harder to find the energy to keep working out. But I'm trying a bit each day.

I caught the wagon and am hanging on. Not quite on it yet though.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso I think I missed that you were a victim of ID theft. What a nightmare? Glad you enjoyed your conference. Hang in there. You have a lot going on.
  • swenson19d
    swenson19d Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    oh I made a friend yesterday... lol. I am 5years old.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @swenson19 yay for being restored and making a friend. Friends as an adult is hard!

Was up at 520 this morning. Scoffed breakfast then drove to the start of Parkrun. Ran 13k, then helped set up. Am now standing as a marshall for about 45 mins.

Busy morning. Heading over to next town at 1pm. I'm really looking forward to this weekend.

Weight, lost 600g this week (1.3lb) so am on track. Tuesday will technically be a month since I started, today is 4 weeks. And I've kept to plan for 4 weeks now! Woo hoo! Lost 3.6kg (8lb) in that time.

Now for the next 2 weeks!
    yh5tj7pllyyd.jpg
    Sunrise before my run
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @Avidkeo Yay! on the weight loss! That's great! I haven't managed on the scale at all or eaten better today. DD made chicken enchiladas and dh brought home a chicken sandwich from chickfila. ew- I still don't get pickles on a sandwich, esp chicken. yuck. Beautiful view and so proud of you sticking to your plan. I'm gonna do it too, er keep trying to stick to it.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    swenson19d wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo Sounds like you are recovering well. It great that your mother gets out to walk with you even a little.

Dh just told me his grandmother has tested positive. She is 99 will/would be 100 this March. I can't imaging that she or anyone that age will life through covid. Kinda sad. She is like a mother to him. His mother, her daughter died when Eric was 2. That's gonna hit him really hard. He has a funeral this Tuesday to attend, an older guy he bonded with at lodge. Oh I hear dh on the phone with her, she's a tough old gal, just had the vaccination too. She sounds chipper so far, but has just begun symptoms. Eric is trying to get in to see her soon. aww.

I read that some tough old bird lived through it at 102 after surviving the Spanish Flu as a baby, so don’t give up hope yet!

I’m hanging in. My husband went to pick up food at our favorite gyro place where he is friends with the owner and stood there talking until I blasted him with the car horn! Both masked but inside in a small space and they were in there starting to be too long for safety. So my husband got an earful, I know you like the guy but being nice doesn’t mean he doesn’t have Covid! He was properly embarrassed because he just lost his good sense for a minute. Hopefully it will turn out okay, but it would be foolish to stop being careful with the vaccine right on the horizon.

I do feel bad for the owner though, he is the nicest guy in the world. His father just died (not of Covid, of a stroke) in Syria and he wasn’t able to attend the funeral because his passport was out of date and it wasn’t safe to go get a new one. But his wife and daughter went. And now they are trapped because their tickets home are through London and London is shut down. So the owner is feeling very lonely and sad right now. It sucks when being kind to each other is dangerous.

We put in an application for a kitten but haven’t heard back so I think someone else adopted him first. I’m hoping for an older kitten, would love another Siamese but the nearest breeder is in Nashville, which would be no problem in pre-Covid times but I don’t want to drive there now. I’ve been checking the various rescue sites. No hurry, I am willing to wait for the perfect cat.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d Sorry about DHs grandmother. You really never know. I think I heard of someone over 100 surviving see @rheddmobile 's comment above). It just depends on how it hits them. Praying she has mild symptoms. You said he's "trying to get in to see her." Is she in a nursing home?

@rheddmobile That is so sad about the gyro owner's family. I hope his wife and daughter can find a way to get home soon. He must be feeling all alone. It is hard to balance being safe with being kind. I hope you find the purrfect kitten soon.

@shanaber Glad you had a great run. Those where you just want to keep going don't come along very often, at least not in my world. LOL The podcast sounds interesting and along the lines of the cook book I bought last year. If interested, it is Run Fast. Cook Fast. Eat Slow by Shalane Flanagan & Elyse Kopecky. Shalane won the NYC Marathon in 2017 and ran the Boston Marathon faster of any other woman - at 2:22:02. They are big on unprocessed foods, natural fats, good carb, etc. I have made several of their recipes and have liked them all.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    @quilteryoyo I don't think I specifically said it. I think I referred to it as general *kitten* I was dealing with.

Luckily I have alerts and caught it early. Only 1 account was open of the two they tried and I've already called the card issuers and disputed with all credit companies. Just a pita.

They also tried to submit an unemployment claim in my name. That was a fun email to get at work.

I also had to file a report with the FTC, Arizona DES (unemployment) and Phoenix PD.

I highly encourage you if you have free monitoring from credit cards or AAA to set them all up. Otherwise my only notice would have been the unemployment claim. And do as many as you can. My credit card is transunion and what notified me. AAA is Equifax and no noticificatuon.

I definitely was not buying furniture in Florida and I definitely was not laid off due to covid.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    What a mess @RunsOnEspresso! We have protection and notification on our credit cards and it is amazing how frequently things like that happen. We haven't had an issue for a while now though. I am thinking it is because I am no longer traveling for work maybe... We had one that the CC company tied back to a purchase I had made (first and last) on QVC. We were in Seattle visiting dd when we got the call. They were trying to pay for a hotel and spa on some Caribbean Island! Fortunately on all of these the CC companies caught them, contacted us immediately, canceled the card and sent us new ones.
    Dh had is wallet stolen in Brazil too and that one really worried us as they had his DL in addition to all the bank cards and CC cards. I immediately contacted the bank (ATM card) and the CC companies and within 15mins they had already tried to charge incredible amounts of medical charges as well as attempting to access our bank accounts. Of course once he got home he had to get a new license and we notified them that it had been stolen. I still worry that it could be out there floating around and get sold and used. Ever since we have kept a very close eye on our credit and CCs.

@quilteryoyo - Yay for being back to pre-surgery weight!

I also forgot to mention that I am almost back to my pre-holiday weight too. Down a bit over 3 lbs. Just hoping to keep that trend going.
  • swenson19d
    Options
    @RunsOnEspresso Isn't is crazy to think will all our tech identity theft is still a thing. Hope it isn't a terrible pain to rectify.

@quilteryoyo Yes, DH's gma is in a nursing home. They are trying to get her in for the IV therapy, (I think). I assume it is the immunoglobulins for covid.

DD has belly pain
    She's been to the doc and has a CT soon, but went to urgent care because it was concerning again today. I think she is dealing with kidney stones. Any advice until she has that CT thursday? I told her water and tylenol but she's hard headed.

Weight
    up. yuck. And I still have a headache. I think its allergies since I wake with it. I need to start eating better.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Morning.

Am fighting a cold. Its annoying, sitting at the back of my nose but not turning into a cold yet. I also keep getting pains on the left side of my face/head. Could be this impending cold, or it could be a tooth ache. Not sure. I'm suspecting tooth, so have emailed to try get an appointment.

Went over goal yesterday, not a huge amount, maybe 100-200 over maintenance. Enjoyed it.

Having a day of relaxing in a motel room. Have work from 11-3. Just enjoying the day.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    @avidkeo - hoping it isn't a tooth! I get tooth pain when I have a sinus issue, cold or infection so hoping it is just the cold! Hope you can enjoy your weekend as I know you were so looking forward to it!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @swenson19d I hope DH gets to see his grandmother. I haven't had any experience with kidney stones (knock on wood) so I am no help with that. Hope your headache goes away soon!

@Avidkeo Staying that close to your goal is fantastic! I hope the pain goes away and, like @shanaber, hope it isn't a tooth ache. That's just miserable. Hope you feel well enough to enjoy the rest of your weekend.

I walked to mom's and back again today - plus some. Also drove her truck out to get in some firewood. No issues there. So, another 2.5 miles today in 51:27 minutes.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they got my SSN from when Equifax was breached a few years ago. Because they opened new credit cards in my name and tried to file for unemployment.

Of course, when the hard inquiries showed on my credit report I was able to call synchrony and get it straightened out (they denied the card anyway) and that one came off my report already. I tried to reach out to the other credit card company and all their numbers I needed the credit card account number to even get a live person. I tried every phone number I could get for them and they all required it.

They were the company that approved these *kitten*. But once the card showed up on my report I was able to piece the 16 digit account number together and finally reach a person, using the last four of my social too. They were like, so you don't live at X address in Florida? Nope, never lived in Florida. They said they would close the account and send it to their fraud department.

Transunion and Equifax were easy to deal with a put in disputes over the new address, phone, and credit card. Experian was a PITA. And every time I log into the monitoring service they bring up a screen to pay $25 a month for "more coverage". They also send me about 10-15 emails a day about how much insurance can be cheaper and I qualify for X credit card! And I had to call them to dispute it (the other two let me submit online through the monitoring accounts) and the guy was such an *kitten*. And he asks me these security questions because he's going to reveal some big secret! It was that the address I wanted to dispute came from the card I wanted to dispute. It took everything I had to not say "NO *kitten* SHERLOCK".

The address is some trailer park. The phone number is attached to a different address. And they bought like 3500 of furniture from City Furniture (apparently a Florida chain).